Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Maintaining EuroBonus status - COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maintaining EuroBonus status - COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by ung1
Except that most people wouldn't be doing status runs, but actually traveling because they need to travel.
Paying for the missing 10K basic points is an alternative to do a status run, and it might be cheaper if you need to add hotels to your status run. If you don't need to do a status run to maintain or gain status, there is not need for buying the points.
SAS have grounded most of their fleet, closed their lounges, stopped operating fast track... and I'm supposed to pay lots of money for that?
And so have almost all other airlines. Beside that. The status you gain through buying the 10K point will last for at least 12 months, which hopefully is way beyond the current panic.

I can't even find a way to contact them about this
I've posted the direct link to the customer service in another post in this tread, but all you need to do is to go down to the bottom of the SK web site and click on contact us. It took me less than a min. to find the contact form.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
I defend my right to call you an a.. for doing so.
What the hell is wrong with you?
FFlash and kauppias like this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by fassy
What the hell is wrong with you?
How can it be wrong to complain about posts where the only purpose is to demean a company or person?
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:41 pm

How can it be wrong to complain about posts where the only purpose is to demean a company or person?
alright, not sure why even answer to this one but let’s try.

First, this is an Internet forum for people who travel and use service of airlines, the hospitality industry and related stuff. If a user has a bad experience with such a company, he can express it here without being personably attacked. Sure, you can disagree, sure the other guy can be plainly wrong. But it is not part of this community to pick on the users.

If you say, you dislike my criticism I express towards SK... fine. Not a problem. Calling me an a... being rude, aggressive and offensive is not fine.

Secondly, I didn’t demean any persons here. The only user in this board which consistently steps out of line is you... well... we had the FlyingDanishPenguin before, pretty similar behavior...

FFlash’s post was totally in line with the normal communication in this board, your reaction unjustified and rude as his post p***** you off? Your words, not mine.

And I just said: Come on, be friendly, why do you attack users? That does make me an a... well. Ok!

But well... some people are just the way they are.

if you cannot see this, I won’t any longer argue with you.
GUWonder, FFlash and Superrman like this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Criticizing travel service providers and criticizing the content supplied by criticis and fans of the travel service providers is fine. Personal attacks on posters is not fine here, and derogatory name-calling directed at an individual is a personal attack.

I understand that the current circumstances are like a pressure cooker of sorts on a lot of people, but we can still and should be civil and stick to following the FT TOS, including the item that prohibits personal attacks on FTers.
w0r1dtrave1er and FFlash like this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 11:19 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Criticizing travel service providers and criticizing the content supplied by criticis and fans of the travel service providers is fine. Personal attacks on posters is not fine here, and derogatory name-calling directed at an individual is a personal attack.

I understand that the current circumstances are like a pressure cooker of sorts on a lot of people, but we can still and should be civil and stick to following the FT TOS, including the item that prohibits personal attacks on FTers.
Well said.

I felt rudely attacked by a person whom I never attacked. Fair? I offered apology and goodwill gesture that the said person never took but attacked me another time. Fair?

If said person did attack me on the grounds that I was criticizing SAS (you may call my post ”criticizing” if you want, but I bet there are not many here who would call it a demeaning post), then said person has taken here a moderator role rather than a community poster, and I better then stay out and not be part of such forum.

Enjoy the forum, anyways! There are many good folks here! Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2020, 11:58 pm

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
This whole sh*tstorm confuses the heck out of me. fassy reposted this a while back, and I think it might be good to look at the original "offensive" post again:

Originally Posted by FFlash
Good for you.
I will lose my Gold end of March and would really like SAS did the same as all others, Hilton the latest news, to extend status.
I dont have proof left of cancelled flights. Too many of them.

Huge loss they take on goodwill compared to others if they stay put.
I must be a lot dumber than I thought, but I can't even see the criticism of SK here. The post starts out telling another poster that it is nice that SK stepped up and credited for documented bookings, Noit really a criticism in my opinion.

The poster then expresses the same wish many others have - that SK extends qualifying periods in light of travel restrictions.

The poster then states that SK will lose loyal customers if they don't help them maintain status. Most likely true, especially in light of moves made by other airlines.

Where is the criticism? Seems to me like FFlash is lamenting a situation where status will be lost and hoping that SK will do something to rectify it.

Can we put this to bed and go back to posting pictures of Corona bottles?
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:21 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
I only have the diamond mail address, but you can always use the customer service contact from https://www.care.flysas.com/SelfService/ClaimSAS/
Paying for the missing 10K basic points is an alternative to do a status run, and it might be cheaper if you need to add hotels to your status run. If you don't need to do a status run to maintain or gain status, there is not need for buying the points.

And so have almost all other airlines. Beside that. The status you gain through buying the 10K point will last for at least 12 months, which hopefully is way beyond the current panic.

I've posted the direct link to the customer service in another post in this tread, but all you need to do is to go down to the bottom of the SK web site and click on contact us. It took me less than a min. to find the contact form.
I am Diamond, but I don't have a Diamond email address... and when I go to contact form on their site, if I select Eurobonus the other fields are greyed out. The only way I can get to the form is through complaints/suggestions. Could you share the email with me? Edit: managed to get it from them in the chat!

So have most other airlines, but they have also extended status. For example, just in the last week, Aegean, SQ, Turkish. BA have done some partial extensions for those whose status expires now. I am just unlucky in that my status expires end-April.

Last edited by ung1; Apr 2, 2020 at 1:39 am
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:39 am

I am Diamond, but I don't have a Diamond email address... and when I go to contact form on their site, if I select Eurobonus the other fields are greyed out. The only way I can get to the form is through complaints/suggestions. Could you share the email with me?

So have most other airlines, but they have also extended status. For example, just in the last week, Aegean, SQ, Turkish. BA have done some partial extensions for those whose status expires now. I am just unlucky in that my status expires end-April.
I tried to go to the diamond website to get you the address. SAS has shut it down. I know it worked last week because I ordered something from the "Goodie Bag", which has remarkably few goodies, btw...

Wonder what the point is in closing it.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:41 am

[email protected]

Not sure if there is a different one for dk, no and the rest of the world.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by JR67
I tried to go to the diamond website to get you the address. SAS has shut it down. I know it worked last week because I ordered something from the "Goodie Bag", which has remarkably few goodies, btw...

Wonder what the point is in closing it.
Saving money and cutting back all but essential services so they can focus all their effort at the issues at hand.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:45 am

Saving money and cutting back all but essential services so they can focus all their effort at the issues at hand.
But they never updated it. The only money saving I can see is shutting down the goodie bag, but that can't save much, since most of what they offer there is tat...
Old Apr 2, 2020, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JR67
This whole sh*tstorm confuses the heck out of me. fassy reposted this a while back, and I think it might be good to look at the original "offensive" post again:

I must be a lot dumber than I thought, but I can't even see the criticism of SK here. The post starts out telling another poster that it is nice that SK stepped up and credited for documented bookings, Noit really a criticism in my opinion.

The poster then expresses the same wish many others have - that SK extends qualifying periods in light of travel restrictions.

The poster then states that SK will lose loyal customers if they don't help them maintain status. Most likely true, especially in light of moves made by other airlines.

Where is the criticism? Seems to me like FFlash is lamenting a situation where status will be lost and hoping that SK will do something to rectify it.

Can we put this to bed and go back to posting pictures of Corona bottles?
Will bottle caps do?
JR67 and Superrman like this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 5:52 am

A quick look at your profile shows "Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven ", so I wonder how you can lose gold at the end of March, and with a location of HEL, I strongly doubt you are doing many flights on SK.
Please don't be an a.. and slam an airline for something which never happened
Well he can easily have been a regular poster in this forum for years without having done a single flight on SK metal. On top of that, I still doubt there are many SK Elites in FI compared to DK, NO and SE. Together with the tone of the post I'll still put my money on him doing a fake post.
Well. What p..... me of was the whole tone in you post and the below qoute.

It clearly showed you didn't care about the gold status at all, and if you don't care about it, why should SK?

Wrong. I wrote the likely hood of him being gold with a location in HEL is slim. This is well founded in facts since over 80% of the SK gold members are living in DK, NO or SE.
According to your numbers 20% of SK gold members live outside DK, NO and SE. If some guy from Finland who is a member on flyertalk tells me he is also an SK gold member I would assume he is one of does 20 percents. There is alot of status AY members based in DK, NO and SE, maybe you should drop in the AY forum and ask them for proof of membership?

Sorry! Just finished my popcorn reading this and couldn't really understand your reasoning even though I find it disturbingly entertaining.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
[email protected]

Not sure if there is a different one for dk, no and the rest of the world.
Correct, replace with dk or no for the respective countries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.