Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SK Fast track @ CPH

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2018, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy

That is wrong! I use the FastTrack with other *A carriers all the time. But it only works for EBG and EBG on other *A carriers. E.g. EBG on LX will have access. M&M SEN/HON on LX will have not.

HON on LH gets fast track at CPH, though not sure which one they get access. Business class or Senator does not in any shape or form. Would expect same for LX, though I did not check.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 8:08 am

Well, that’s a special agreement then. *G with any *A Carrier usually does not work, EBG on any *A carrier works always.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Well, that’s a special agreement then. *G with any *A Carrier usually does not work, EBG on any *A carrier works always.
I am flying with Lufti in C tomorrow with my mother, and was checking the rules to see if we get fast track. That's were I found the HON rule, but this thread then saved me as I was reminded that while Lufti does not offer fast track, SK does save me.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond

That is wrong! I use the FastTrack with other *A carriers all the time. But it only works for EBG and EBG on other *A carriers. E.g. EBG on LX will have access. M&M SEN/HON on LX will have not.

Yeah l was pretty confused because I had the TAP flight credited to my Eurobonus account where l have gold status.

The other bit of irony - back in February/March, the TAP counters were over by the Air France counters for check-in/bag drop. Now they're using the SAS counters for check-in/bag drop again.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I am flying with Lufti in C tomorrow with my mother, and was checking the rules to see if we get fast track. That's were I found the HON rule, but this thread then saved me as I was reminded that while Lufti does not offer fast track, SK does save me.
As far as I remember LX and other *A airlines has individual agreements with CPH Airport for the use of CPH express for their C class pax and own gold members.

But it's still strange to me why SK insist on paying top $ for their own fast track at CPH, instead of pooling with the other *A companies and get a proper *A fast track. The same goes for OSL and ARN.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The excuse in CPH has always been that the fast track did not have sufficient capacity to be a full fledged Star Alliance facility.

Lufthansa only offers fast track HON members in CPH, the rest of the passengers are sent to the standard lines.

For other airlines there is then the whole show of does TK *G on A3 Y gives access? Etc. etc. through the combinations of airlines and programs. It would be nice with an official Gold Track in CPH. But until SK give up on their own, and joins forces with the rest of Star Alliance, there is not going to be a business case, also I wonder where to find the space
Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by groovyfly
Interesting. Can I ask what route?.
CPH-OSL

BTW - LOT won't work at OSL's GoldTrack
Old Jul 31, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
As far as I remember LX and other *A airlines has individual agreements with CPH Airport for the use of CPH express for their C class pax and own gold members.

But it's still strange to me why SK insist on paying top $ for their own fast track at CPH, instead of pooling with the other *A companies and get a proper *A fast track. The same goes for OSL and ARN.
Could it be that the other Star Alliance members wont pay.....And I am happy its for SK only, cues are long enough in the morning and short enough the rest of the day, thats its a real incentive to keep status and to reserver for SK.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by tgj1974
Could it be that the other Star Alliance members wont pay.....And I am happy its for SK only, cues are long enough in the morning and short enough the rest of the day, thats its a real incentive to keep status and to reserver for SK.
The other *A members are paying for the CPH Express. I can't see why they should pay more if they merged CPH Express and SK fast track. By moving one of the shops next to the SK fast track, there would plenty of space to extend it.

It's been a while since I last used CPH Express, but back then the queue was shorter here than at SK fast track where there were a queue all the way out of the gate. And the CPH Express has better opening hours than SK fast track. In my view it will be a win-win.
Old May 9, 2019, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SK2751
Yes, some *A (and other) airlines have agreements with the main airport fast track. This is clearly confusing, and SK making a deal with *A would save us revisiting this topic (almost) every week. They would also avoid a lot of bad blood from pax who (apparently commonly) think that fast track is a *A benefit.
Priority security screening is listed as a Star Gold benefit by the alliance:

https://www.staralliance.com/en/recognition

(Most) OAL*Gs flying SK don’t get SK priority security screening at CPH, even as *Gs flying SK should get the same priority screening benefits as SK*Gs flying SK given the priority security screening is listed as a *G benefit. But SK doesn’t do it in a way that is consistent with the Star Gold benefit for priority screening.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by GUWonder

Priority security screening is listed as a Star Gold benefit by the alliance:

https://www.staralliance.com/en/recognition

(Most) OAL*Gs flying SK don’t get SK priority security screening at CPH, even as *Gs flying SK should get the same priority screening benefits as SK*Gs flying SK given the priority security screening is listed as a *G benefit. But SK doesn’t do it in a way that is consistent with the Star Gold benefit for priority screening.
CPH though is not listed as a *A Gold Track location (and neither is ARN). So one as a non-SK *G should not expect to get priority security screening when flying from CPH in Y, unless their FFP/airline has an agreement with the airport.

On the other hand, priority baggage delivery IS a recognized alliance-wide benefit, but you don't get that either in CPH (or ARN)...
Old May 10, 2019, 2:57 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by East_and_West
CPH though is not listed as a *A Gold Track location (and neither is ARN). So one as a non-SK *G should not expect to get priority security screening when flying from CPH in Y, unless their FFP/airline has an agreement with the airport.

On the other hand, priority baggage delivery IS a recognized alliance-wide benefit, but you don't get that either in CPH (or ARN)...
That’s all correct, unfortunately.

Priority screening used to be listed as a benefit without such “branding” and associated limits, but it seems like the alliance decided to re-package things so as to allow its members to continue to play consumer-unfriendly games while still having the alliance group advertise priority security as an alliance status benefit for those above the alliance’s first elite status level.

They may say that there are lies, damned lies and statistics, but they should have said that there are lies, damned lies, and advertising/marketing.
SK2751 likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by GUWonder

That’s all correct, unfortunately.

Priority screening used to be listed as a benefit without such “branding” and associated limits, but it seems like the alliance decided to re-package things so as to allow its members to continue to play consumer-unfriendly games while still having the alliance group advertise priority security as an alliance status benefit for those above the alliance’s first elite status level.

They may say that there are lies, damned lies and statistics, but they should have said that there are lies, damned lies, and advertising/marketing.
+1
Old May 10, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SAS Diamond and LTG, Marriott Titanium and LT Plat, Radisson Premium
Getting back to why SK doesn’t want to operate an official Gold Track, I suspect it comes down to money in the end (as always). Of course SK would never let non-SK elites on non-SK tickets go through their fast track without getting paid from the airline; some airlines have then made a deal with CPH Express, and some, such as UA and LH (for non-HON), haven’t.

So if I were flying LH in J from CPH via FRA to wherever, I could either book directly with LH or as an SK codeshare. Presumably if I booked with SK (even only as a codeshare), I’d be able to use SAS fast track. And similarly, if I’m flying UA from LHR, I’d do better to book the itinerary with SAS than with UA (even though I’d be on SK metal for the first leg in either case). This is of course assuming that it’s the flight number that’s the determining factor, not the metal; I haven’t tried it, so I don’t know if this is the case.

Also, if SK were to operate a “real” Gold Track, even if it could get the airlines currently paying for CPH Express to chip in, presumably UA, AC etc. wouldn’t be interested; so someone would have to pay for the cost of their elites to go through.
Old May 11, 2019, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by AverageHighFlyer
Getting back to why SK doesn’t want to operate an official Gold Track, I suspect it comes down to money in the end (as always). Of course SK would never let non-SK elites on non-SK tickets go through their fast track without getting paid from the airline; some airlines have then made a deal with CPH Express, and some, such as UA and LH (for non-HON), haven’t.
It's not the airlines who operates the security gates. SK is paying CPH additional security check fees, to have the dedicated fast track security check. In ARN there is no dedicated SK fast track, but it's only SK and norwegian who pays the airport for fast track security check. Passengers of all other airlines has to use the normal security check no matter their frequent flyer class or ticket class.

Also, if SK were to operate a “real” Gold Track, even if it could get the airlines currently paying for CPH Express to chip in, presumably UA, AC etc. wouldn’t be interested; so someone would have to pay for the cost of their elites to go through.
Why SK still want the dedicated fast track in CPH is a mystery to me, but it might be because star alliance still consider CPH to small an airport for a proper *G gold track, the additional money SK has to pay for the dedicated SK fast track isn't much more than what they would have to pay if it was merged with the CPH express security check, and finally the security check area in CPH has been way to small for years. The security check area expansion was finalized recently, so if CPH manage to have a summer without long security check times, we might see SK dropping the dedicated fast track in CPH by the end of the year.
CPH airport is probably not interested in any changes either, as they are getting a lot of money for the different airlines for use of the CPH express track.

So if I were flying LH in J from CPH via FRA to wherever, I could either book directly with LH or as an SK codeshare. Presumably if I booked with SK (even only as a codeshare), I’d be able to use SAS fast track. And similarly, if I’m flying UA from LHR, I’d do better to book the itinerary with SAS than with UA (even though I’d be on SK metal for the first leg in either case). This is of course assuming that it’s the flight number that’s the determining factor, not the metal; I haven’t tried it, so I don’t know if this is the case.
For CPH it doesn't really matter whether it's codeshare or not. The key is the metal which is operating the flight or your SK EB status.
If your SK EB status is EBG or EBD, you can use the SK fast track no matter which metal operates the flight, as long as it's *A metal.
If your SK EB status is below EBG, the use of SK fast track only works if you fly plus on SK metal. If the metal is none SK, SK fast track is off limit, and the use of CPH express depends on your frequent flyer status and/or ticket class for the metal your are flying on.

For LHR I don't know. I haven't been through that airport for years, but I would assume there is a proper *G gold track.

Last edited by highupinthesky; May 11, 2019 at 9:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.