Wiki Posts
Search

SK Fast track @ CPH

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2019, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
ARN does have a dedicated security screening fast track. Last I used it, I was flying DY intra-Scandinavia and showed my Platinum Amex card to use it. But I’ve also used it at ARN when flying non-Scandinavian carriers.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 11, 2019 at 2:22 pm
Old May 12, 2019, 1:46 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by GUWonder
ARN does have a dedicated security screening fast track. Last I used it, I was flying DY intra-Scandinavia and showed my Platinum Amex card to use it. But I’ve also used it at ARN when flying non-Scandinavian carriers.
I wouldn't call it dedicated, if it's available to multiple carriers.

I never been through ARN unless it's been with SK, so I'm not sure which carrier can use the fast track security, but the signs only shows the SK and DY logos. It might be if you look closely that you can find other signs too. I don't know and have never looked since I never had the need.
Old May 12, 2019, 7:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
I wouldn't call it dedicated, if it's available to multiple carriers.

I never been through ARN unless it's been with SK, so I'm not sure which carrier can use the fast track security, but the signs only shows the SK and DY logos. It might be if you look closely that you can find other signs too. I don't know and have never looked since I never had the need.
I would say a dedicated premium security line doesn’t necessarily mean dedicated to passengers of just one airline.

Amex Platinum works for fast track security for card presenter + one guest at a checkpoint at each of the following Nordic airports/terminals:

Stockholm Arlanda Terminal 5
Stockholm Arlanda Terminal 2
Göteborg Landvetter Airport
Malmö Airport
Helsingfors Vanda
Old May 12, 2019, 9:20 am

I would say a dedicated premium security line doesn’t necessarily mean dedicated to passengers of just one airline.

Amex Platinum works for fast track security for card presenter + one guest at a checkpoint at each of the following Nordic airports/terminals:

Stockholm Arlanda Terminal 5
Stockholm Arlanda Terminal 2
Göteborg Landvetter Airport
Malmö Airport
Helsingfors Vanda

The Fast Track security checkpoint at CPH is dedicated to SK pax only. Anyone else going for priority security check at CPH will have to used CPH express, which by the way is not available to SK pax.
Old May 12, 2019, 10:24 am
Suspended

The Fast Track security checkpoint at CPH is dedicated to SK pax only. Anyone else going for priority security check at CPH will have to used CPH express, which by the way is not available to SK pax.
Business class customers flying select SK-code, partner-operated flights have never had access to the SAS fast track at CPH?

At ARN, the SAS fast track used to also be available to some LH customers and was signed for that for a period of time. There I stopped paying attention to the signs some years back.
Old May 12, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
ARN Fast Track provides access to LH, LX, TG and a few more.
Old May 12, 2019, 1:04 pm

Business class customers flying select SK-code, partner-operated flights have never had access to the SAS fast track at CPH?
Only if they have EBG or EBD status. Then they can use the SK fast track for any *A operated flights no matter the class they are flying on.

At ARN, the SAS fast track used to also be available to some LH customers and was signed for that for a period of time. There I stopped paying attention to the signs some years back.
I've been through that airport + 100 times over the last 3 years and I never paid attention to the sign's, but I'll try to remember to do it next time. :-)
Old May 12, 2019, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
ARN Fast Track provides access to LH, LX, TG and a few more.
For SK with LH+LX I do remember from years back. In more recent years it’s for a lot more than it used to be, and for Amex Plat/Centurion card holders too. The sign of who can use fast track was illuminated and on the wall closest to the airside part of the terminal when going toward the security checkpoint. The sign has multiple airlines + Amex Something listed last I used it, but I stopped paying (detailed) attention to it some years back.
Old May 13, 2019, 5:03 am

For SK with LH+LX I do remember from years back. In more recent years it’s for a lot more than it used to be, and for Amex Plat/Centurion card holders too. The sign of who can use fast track was illuminated and on the wall closest to the airside part of the terminal when going toward the security checkpoint. The sign has multiple airlines + Amex Something listed last I used it, but I stopped paying (detailed) attention to it some years back.
The fast track in ARN sounds to be a general priority security track, while the fast track in CPH is a SK dedicated fast track, which can only be used by SK pax's and EBG/EBD members. This tread started out as a question about the CPH fast track.
Old May 13, 2019, 5:18 am
Suspended

The fast track in ARN sounds to be a general priority security track, while the fast track in CPH is a SK dedicated fast track, which can only be used by SK pax's and EBG/EBD members. This tread started out as a question about the CPH fast track.
Yes, sort of. But ARN fast track for SK also changed over time. And CPH fast track for SK may end up following the same course, as that too hasn’t been absolutely static over the last twenty years.
Old May 31, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Quite surprised that my A3 Gold over the past couple of weeks have given me airport fast track access (not SK's own) in CPH on Y-tickets with Brussels Air and Swiss, even though CPH is not listed as a Gold Track airport on staralliance.com.

So besides of the generous A3-miles earnings (even) less of a reason to book Y-tickets with SK to BRU or ZRH, I guess.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:41 am

Programs: UA; Jet Blue; American; Delta;
SK Fast Track @CPH via Star Alliance Airline

I know I am late to this thread. Sorry. What about being say Gold on a Star Alliance airline (UA) while arriving CPH via SK? Thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:14 am

Well, what is the question? ARRIVNG in CPH you won't need to think about security anyway.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
Well, what is the question? ARRIVNG in CPH you won't need to think about security anyway.
That depends on where you arrive from for your connection. Tokyo arrivals have transit security for sure.
​​​​​But there is no fast track for transit security, only for departures.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That depends on where you arrive from for your connection. Tokyo arrivals have transit security for sure.
​​​​​But there is no fast track for transit security, only for departures.
Sure, but arriving from Tokyo on UA would be some messed up routing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.