Wiki Posts
Search

SK Fast track @ CPH

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2022, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
LH and SK’s ties with each other with regard to Fast Track used to be of a close(r) nature. At some point these two airlines started diverting apart at ARN in some ways. Diverting apart at CPH was on a somewhat different timeline, and that may have had to do with CPH’s ownership/management being its own different animal than Swedavia.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Any experience with access to CPH Express fast track as TK Gold flying LH in Economy?

Would love to avoid the 30-45m queues for regular security checks. Traveling on a busy Friday morning during summer holidays so it will be crowded at CPH for sure.
To answer my own Q: I was able to use CPH Express as TK Gold on a LH flight in Y class.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 4:09 pm
Suspended

To answer my own Q: I was able to use CPH Express as TK Gold on a LH flight in Y class.
And the CPH Express automated gates opened for you by simply scanning the boarding pass, all with no manual intervention required by the staff next to it?
Old Jul 10, 2022, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
And the CPH Express automated gates opened for you by simply scanning the boarding pass, all with no manual intervention required by the staff next to it?
Yes, scan BP and green light/gates open.

To be honest I can't rule out that reason was the LH Y class (I also got preassigned exit row)
Old Jul 10, 2022, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Yes, scan BP and green light/gates open.

To be honest I can't rule out that reason was the LH Y class (I also got preassigned exit row)
At some point maybe I’ll get around to having some combinations checked to see what works at CPH Express nowadays for regular economy class award tickets out of CPH for say A3*Gs and UA*Gs.

SK economy class award ticket flights as A3/UA*G flops at CPH Express.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by GUWonder
At some point maybe I’ll get around to having some combinations checked to see what works at CPH Express nowadays for regular economy class award tickets out of CPH for say A3*Gs and UA*Gs.

SK economy class award ticket flights as A3/UA*G flops at CPH Express.
It really isn't that difficult. SK does not pay for CPH Express nor does SK give access non-EB *G to their own Fast Track, this is why it flops. Award tickets are completely irrelevant. I highly doubt Aegean (or UA when they served CPH) pays for Fast Track at an outstation for their elites not traveling on their metal. Lufthansa's contract covers J pax, SEN, HON and all other *G traveling on LH and most likely OS and LX. It all comes down to which elites an airline decides to add to their contract and pay for it, so OP as TK*G on LH got access under published policy. It worked exactly as designed.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 7:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
It really isn't that difficult. SK does not pay for CPH Express nor does SK give access non-EB *G to their own Fast Track, this is why it flops. Award tickets are completely irrelevant. I highly doubt Aegean (or UA when they served CPH) pays for Fast Track at an outstation for their elites not traveling on their metal. Lufthansa's contract covers J pax, SEN, HON and all other *G traveling on LH and most likely OS and LX. It all comes down to which elites an airline decides to add to their contract and pay for it, so OP as TK*G on LH got access under published policy. It worked exactly as designed.
I mentioned economy class award tickets because it would work as a control across airlines when using OAL*G status since then the premium/flex stuff is no longer a confounding or untracked variable for what works and doesn’t work for priority security at CPH. Also, things that sometimes worked 24 months ago may not even work any longer.

The operating airline is the one that is generally responsible for covering any security screening charges, priority or otherwise, when it’s charged by the airport. The passengers’ airline FFP generally isn’t part of that priority screening cost picture, but a FFP relationship can be part of whether an operating airline decides to include just their own set of FFP elites, their own+preferred partner FFP elites, or their own + all partner preferred elites in the priority security screening arrangement.

Priority security at outstations is not necessarily a function of the airline adding it to a contract to pay for priority security. In many places priority security screening is part of the general allowances granted to the airline and included for the same price as regular security screening and/or for the flight fee structure charged by the airport regardless of the use or non-use of priority security screening. These arrangements between operating airline and airport are not permanent, and they have varied over time at CPH with regard to CPH Express too.

I mentioned “SK economy class award ticket flights as A3/UA*G flops at CPH Express” because that is definitely known and hasn’t changed. Same with regards to SK Fast Track itself at CPH for A3 and UA *Gs in regular economy class — it flops. SK*G on SK economy class award tickets at CPH Express also flops; and yet sometimes the agent cuts them a manual break with CPH Express, even as many other times they say to go back to SK Fast Track if wanting to have priority security at CPH.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 10, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Old Jul 11, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Would love to avoid the 30-45m queues for regular security checks.
10m this late morning.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I believe it has improved signifiantly during the last weeks. Even on busy Friday morning last week (a lot of holiday travellers) the waiting time was only around 20 min for ordinary checurity checks. But maybe the SAS strike has had its impact as well
Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
I think there is a diff. between CPH express and SAS fast track. SAS has for me only worked with SKG. With my LHG it rejects and I need to use CPH express.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tgj1974
I think there is a diff. between CPH express and SAS fast track. SAS has for me only worked with SKG. With my LHG it rejects and I need to use CPH express.
There is a difference. It’s part of why I have sometimes seen SAS*Gs or business class customers flying SAS told to go back (from the main screening checkpoint) to SAS Fast Track when asking the airport’s security screening line guards (by the automated gates about CPH Express) to use CPH Express.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 7:13 pm

Hi there SAS Mavens,

I will fly SAS for the first time on a Business Smart ticket. I will have no luggage. Had to ship luggage. Recovering from shoulder surgery (torn rotator cuff) from a hot air balloon crash landing...

Oslo --> Copenhagen --> Chicago --> Austin
SK 1455 (Airbus A321-100/200) --> SK 943 (Airbus A330-300) --> then American 2208

3 questions:
1) I thought as a US citizen / US passport holder I would not be able to access FastTrack.
However from reading the SAS website and looking at my ticket and the description of Business Smart, I believe I can. Is that correct?

2) Will I even need to access Fast Track when connecting at Copenhagen from Oslo? If yes, how might I find it from my arriving flight from Oslo?
Or should I simply look for Fast Track in Oslo and then just proceed to the Copenhagen SK 943 gate?

3) I have written down that Fast Track in Oslo is "located immediately to the left of the Point kiosk in the Departure hall". Is that still correct?

Last edited by MareLuce; Sep 5, 2022 at 7:49 pm
Old Sep 5, 2022, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by MareLuce
Hi there SAS Mavens,

I will fly SAS for the first time on a Business Smart ticket. I will have no luggage. Had to ship luggage. Recovering from shoulder surgery (torn rotator cuff) from a hot air balloon crash landing...

Oslo --> Copenhagen --> Chicago --> Austin
SK 1455 (Airbus A321-100/200) --> SK 943 (Airbus A330-300) --> then American 2208

3 questions:
1) I thought as a US citizen / US passport holder I would not be able to access FastTrack.
However from reading replies to my other question here, and from the SAS website and looking at my ticket and the description of Business Smart,
I believe I can access Fast Track. Just to triple check: Is that correct?

2) Will I even need to access Fast Track when connecting at Copenhagen from Oslo?
If my flight is delayed and I don't go into Copenhagen during the layover,
If I need to access Fast Track, how might I find it from my arriving flight from Oslo?
Or, in this case, would I simply do Fast Track in Oslo and then just proceed to the Copenhagen SK 943 gate?

3) I have written down that Fast Track in Oslo is "located immediately to the left of the Point kiosk in the Departure hall". Is that still correct?
"Fast Track" refers to faster security. It is available to all SK business class passengers (and several other groups). It is not specific to one's citizenship status and not related to exit immigration.

If you are staying "airside" at CPH and do not go out, "fast track" does not apply to you. You will need to pass exit immigration at CPH (as you are leaving Schengen area there). If you do go out, fast track is located straight down the hallway (as you pass check in desks), up the stairs and to your left. It's a fairly small departure area, you won't miss it.

Exit immigration (airside, not far from where you enter after security) is split into lanes for those with EU citizenship and "others", which includes US citizens - there is no immigration "fast track".

There is similar security "fast track" at OSL, although I have not been there in a few years and can't speak to its location.
MareLuce likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.