Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SK Fast track @ CPH

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2021, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Maybe they are getting soft on their fast track criteria?
Old Jun 13, 2021, 8:34 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Or it could just be another example of SAS' brilliant IT ?
JR67 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 6:13 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Or it could just be another example of SAS' brilliant IT ?
Could be both are applicable at once, given it’s SAS. But one thing was new to me for award travel in SAS economy class X inventory: it coming with SAS Fast Track for UA and A3 *Gs this month.

And this is even as none of the SAS hubs are listed as having Gold Track security on the Star Alliance website:

https://www.staralliance.com/en/gold-track

Maybe the free baggage allowance in SAS X is a factor somehow even intra-Scandinavia?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Could be both are applicable at once, given it’s SAS. But one thing was new to me for award travel in SAS economy class X inventory: it coming with SAS Fast Track for UA and A3 *Gs this month.

And this is even as none of the SAS hubs are listed as having Gold Track security on the Star Alliance website:

https://www.staralliance.com/en/gold-track

Maybe the free baggage allowance in SAS X is a factor somehow even intra-Scandinavia?
Hasn't ARN always been more generous on the SK fast track than CPH? The SK fast track in Copenhagen is (per a post today from Oliver2002) closed, and passengers have to use CPH Express, then gets the question what did SK communicate and how does CPH enforce it.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 6:35 am
Suspended

Hasn't ARN always been more generous on the SK fast track than CPH? The SK fast track in Copenhagen is (per a post today from Oliver2002) closed, and passengers have to use CPH Express, then gets the question what did SK communicate and how does CPH enforce it.
SK@ARN has not been this generous with SAS Fast Track in prior years for UA and A3*Gs flying SAS in X. That SAS Fast Track@ARN has been somewhat more open/generous than SK@CPH with Fast Track has been true many times (and most of the time during the past 15 years), but it has varied over the past 15 years.

SAS Fast Track@CPH only works at CPH Express currently. Passengers just self-direct to what is open.

SAS Fast Track@ARN was slower than the regular line when we were there last week. Something to do with waiting for a bag check for one or two passengers ahead of some of us.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 14, 2021 at 6:43 am
Old Jun 14, 2021, 7:41 am

Whats the difference between Fast Track and Express @ CPH?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:01 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Whats the difference between Fast Track and Express @ CPH?
SAS Fast Track is operated by SAS, CPH Express is operated by the airport for other airlines.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
ARN gives Fast Track for *G on LH group flights, its seems LH pays for it to swedavia. *G on SK doesn't get it.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
ARN gives Fast Track for *G on LH group flights, its seems LH pays for it to swedavia. *G on SK doesn't get it.
Last year, UA*G and A3*G on SK in Economy did not get SAS Fast Track at ARN. Last week, these *G on SK in economy did get Fast Track at ARN. And tomorrow or later this week, I’ll know if UA and A3 *G on SK in economy still do get Fast Track at ARN.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
ARN gives Fast Track for *G on LH group flights, its seems LH pays for it to swedavia.
A couple of weeks ago my BC was rejected at ARN Fast Track. I was flying LH in J, but the agent said that LH had recently stopped paying for the service. She then let me through anyway.

Johan.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 11:34 am
Suspended

Last month and this month, as partner airline *G on SK, I’ve reliably been getting Fast Track security on SK flights in economy class — including when on partner airline-issued award tickets for SK flights — for trips out of ARN and CPH.

At least with ARN, it has appeared guaranteed for me as of late when using the SAS mobile boarding passes. And at CPH, it’s been rather reliable for me too, but it’s been a bit harder to tell at times.

Most of this has been as A3*G or non-European programs*G on the boarding passes.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 8, 2021 at 11:40 am
Old Jul 8, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Last week at an early morning flight, the CPH Fast Track has been closed, and the checkin agent were directing people to CPH Express. The CPH Express gate has admitted me (automatically) with no issues. In PLUS and EBD.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CPH Express is usually a pretty quick and pleasant experience , but yesterday . . . .

They don't do it as often as elsewhere, at least not in my experience, but they sometimes direct regular pax to the Express lane when the line there is short. This they did yesterday morning, amongst others sending over an extended family with a truly impressive amount of "hand" luggage, and zero security procedures sense. Once their bags were through, my bag and two belonging to the gent ahead of me were all sent for secondary. Random checks, we were told. However, before our bags could be inspected one of the family members announced that his watch had gone missing. I'll spare you the details, but the search took a very long time, leaving us with bags sent to secondary in the lurch. At least we made our flight.

Johan
Old Jul 9, 2021, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Fast Track for SK@ARN yesterday also had some very slow families with young kids who got directed to what was usually an empty and fast moving Fast Track checkpoint. But what really was slowing it up was some teenage girls who just took their jolly old time to gather their stuff and clear the bins.

At least historically, CPH Express and OSL both seem to have some people directed to the express screening at times even when otherwise not entitled to use the express screening arrangement. CPH way more for me than eVen OSL and also more than various other Schengen airports.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 4:53 pm
Suspended

SAS Fast Track at CPH was closed in late July when last trying to use it as an A3*G and UA*G on an SAS flight in economy class; and it didn’t work for CPH Express either. At ARN, it still reliably worked as an an A3*G and UA*G on SAS July flights using UA miles.

What are SK’s Fast Track hours at CPH this month?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.