SK Fast track @ CPH

Old Mar 28, 2018, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
SK Fast track @ CPH

In my mind, SK fast track at CPH was limited to Plus/Business pax and EBG/EBD/EBP flying sk metal. I will soon be flying LH PE and as EBD was irritated that I will miss fast track. Lo and behold, when checking the SAS webpage (sas.se/en, not flysas.com) I was happy to see this:

"A EuroBonus Gold or Diamond member traveling on SAS or another Star Alliance airline (regardless of ticket type). You can also bring one guest or up to 4 close family members through SAS Fast Track (in Stockholm, Gothenburg, Oslo and Copenhagen) when everyone is traveling on the same SAS flight. Remember that your membership number must be registered on the trip to be able to use your benefits."

Is this something new or am I just late to the party? For comparison, flysas.com still has the old text: EuroBonus Diamond & Gold members* with regardless of ticket type, when traveling on a same day ticket with SAS.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I think this has always worked. I have used it on LO, SN, AC, TP and LH . I think the text on parts of the website (and also, I think at least at some point, on the signs next to the fast track) is misleading. I always ignored it, and never had an issue. Not even a wink.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 5:04 am

yes, EBG/EBD on any *A carrier still works without any issues.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
I have been turned away at SK fast track as EBD travelling on non-SK but *A metal. So the text on flysas.com has been policy, even if it has not been consistently implemented. I just wonder when they changed the official policy back.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:47 am

Programs: SK-EBD
You can definetly use the fast track as SK EBG+ (but not other *A FFP) when flying any *A.

I have recently been on TP, LH, SN and LX out of CPH without issues at fast track. Though the agent at the SN/LX counter was not sure.

May by there have been some issue with your BP? It happens.

The sign next to the fast track is on purpose misleading, one SAS employee told me – not to encourage other *A FF’s to use it.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by JR67
I have been turned away at SK fast track as EBD travelling on non-SK but *A metal. So the text on flysas.com has been policy, even if it has not been consistently implemented. I just wonder when they changed the official policy back.
This might happen if scanning the boarding pass fails (or the BP is missing the SK FFP#). Then you have to go the desk agent which will enforce the rules as written on the poster in front of (usually) her. Never had an issue with any *A flight so far using the automated gate.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Recently became A3 Gold and did not understand the fast-track rules before going through CPH Security. Flew SK in Y, but was turned away in SK Fast track. So that means no fast track in two of three Star Alliance hubs.

I honestly don't get how SK proudly use the Star Alliance logo and name wherever and get away with having a fast track benefit that it is not shared with other *A Gold members.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by groovyfly
Recently became A3 Gold and did not understand the fast-track rules before going through CPH Security. Flew SK in Y, but was turned away in SK Fast track. So that means no fast track in two of three Star Alliance hubs.

I honestly don't get how SK proudly use the Star Alliance logo and name wherever and get away with having a fast track benefit that it is not shared with other *A Gold members.
Because there is no Star Alliance requirement for them to behave differently.... Oneworld is a bit better at enforcing harmonious treatment of frequent fliers across the alliance. But then again fast track as a stated benefit only kicks in from Emerald, and that is somewhat harder to achieve than Star Alliance Gold NH
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
I remember being directed to use the regular fast track at CPH when I flew TAP in business with EBG. I asked the check-in agent and I'm not sure if she actually knew for certain if I'd be able to use it as she said l must use the regular fast track, not the SAS one. At the time I right it was odd but didn't really think to question it as security really wasn't busy at all.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Yes, some *A (and other) airlines have agreements with the main airport fast track. This is clearly confusing, and SK making a deal with *A would save us revisiting this topic (almost) every week. They would also avoid a lot of bad blood from pax who (apparently commonly) think that fast track is a *A benefit.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Went through SK's fast track at CPH today, with ticket in GO and Aegean Gold, automatic gate went green and let me through
Tango Alpha likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Originally Posted by skrosvik
Went through SK's fast track at CPH today, with ticket in GO and Aegean Gold, automatic gate went green and let me through
Interesting. Can I ask what route?

Was turned away a couple of months back - also in Y, also A3 Gold - so I wonder what could cause the change.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by groovyfly
Interesting. Can I ask what route?

Was turned away a couple of months back - also in Y, also A3 Gold - so I wonder what could cause the change.
Could have been a glitch as my kids were turned away in June, which I believe was correct.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
I asked when checking in for a recent TAP flight and was told explicitly that only SAS passengers can use the SAS Fast Track

l didn't attempt the SAS Fast Track. However, the CPH Fast Track was much smaller than I recall a few months ago. Granted, a few months ago, it was 4am when l was going through... this time it was with the new set up with the construction and new bridge and all. (I've been flying via BLL and AAR lately) It dropped off such that if you turned directly left after immediately stepping away from your items being released from the security area, you could enter the "perfume free" entrance into the terminal and by-pass the duty free mall.

I don't recall that feature being available the few times I've gone through the CPH Fast Track and regular security.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by AStarr
I asked when checking in for a recent TAP flight and was told explicitly that only SAS passengers can use the SAS Fast Track.
That is wrong! I use the FastTrack with other *A carriers all the time. But it only works for EBG and EBG on other *A carriers. E.g. EBG on LX will have access. M&M SEN/HON on LX will have not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.