Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SK Fast track @ CPH

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by JR67
Just a data point. Wait time at CPH security (7am) today was 35 minutes. Wait time at SK fast track was 35 seconds.
I am now curious enough to want to contact the US Amex customer service.

https://www.americanexpress.com/se/f...ast-track.html
https://thepointsguy.com/news/amex-p...-security/amp/
JR67 likes this.

Last edited by vanillabean; Jun 8, 2022 at 6:19 am
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by vanillabean
I am now curious enough to want to contact the US Amex customer service.

https://www.americanexpress.com/se/f...ast-track.html
https://thepointsguy.com/news/amex-p...-security/amp/
If you are flying from/through Sweden you can use the AMEX Plat, but not at CPH.

If you do call and ask whether they have fast track at CPH, can you please ask when AMEX will come back to DK again?
JR67 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:38 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by nacho
If you are flying from/through Sweden you can use the AMEX Plat, but not at CPH.

If you do call and ask whether they have fast track at CPH, can you please ask when AMEX will come back to DK again?
I’m sorry to say that my phone call resulted in little more than a less than fully convincing statement indicating that for such countries when applicable the US Platinum card had to be of the business variety.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I used CPH Express Friday, was not too bad, but they only had one lane open, so they had to let people in bit by bit. With a lot of pauses. I was a bit surprised at how many were rejected, clearly going for a "går den, så går den" approach. About 10 minutes I'd say. The main line was 46-41 minutes according to the signs when I went up the escalator. Looking at the speed things moved, I am sure that was more by the time I was through.
I used CPH Express 2 weeks ago; late afternoon TK flight - it was a very busy Wednesday before a holiday/long weekend so the airport was crowded. I have never seen so long lines for ordinary security checks before. In the CPH Express lane there was a 10-15 min line just to get to the BP scanner; as you state people were let in by small groups - with long pauses - because the line befind the gate/BP scan to the actual security check (1 station was used for CPH Express) was crowded. I didn't measure time, but I think it took around 30min to get through security checks that day; surely much longer for the ordinary lines for security.

I hope this will be resolved before summer holiday travels really start later this month/next month.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I hope this will be resolved before summer holiday travels really start later this month/next month.
I asked the security guy at SK Fast track when he thought they would have the problems fixed. He laughed, and said hopefully after summer. So I wouldn't hope too much...
the810 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I asked the security guy at SK Fast track when he thought they would have the problems fixed. He laughed, and said hopefully after summer. So I wouldn't hope too much...
With the fix being that the summer tourist rush is over, and they need less capacity at security?
the810 and SK2751 like this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nacho

Amex is still in Denmark with corporate Amex cards for the DK market. Their is no Amex consumer card portfolio country manager for Denmark AFAIK, and that is pretty much my sign that there is no near term plan for Plats/Centurions to get at CPH what we get at some Swedish airports.

They have no quick way of fixing it, absent policy changes. If they stopped using the “random” selection virtual strip search machines, stopped with the “war on water”, and stopped with the “laptops and iPads out”, they could speed things up a bit. They won’t do that this year either.

Originally Posted by gojko88
I suppose weekends & Mondays are the worst.
I’ve seen it be just as bad or even worse on some Tuesdays at time too. It’s safer to pad in 40 minutes just in case. That or consider playing the SK Fast Track game. The CPH Express game isn’t as great as the SK Fast Track game, but both are a major time saver each and every day at times when I’ve been there this late spring.
JR67 and vanillabean like this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 9, 2022 at 11:11 pm
Old Jun 10, 2022, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Knowing how CPH is operated, forget about it. The management was talking about liquid scanners when Mr was there "n" years ago, and it's still not there.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Today (Friday). 8.30am, zero waiting time at SK Fast Track - I was alone.
Shoredreamer likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:57 am
Suspended

On May 31st, at around 2pm, the regular CPH security line had no wait. Almost reminded some of the “wait” when traveling during May 2020 and May 2021.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Any experience with access to CPH Express fast track as TK Gold flying LH in Economy?

Would love to avoid the 30-45m queues for regular security checks. Traveling on a busy Friday morning during summer holidays so it will be crowded at CPH for sure.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Ah, nobody answered this - what was your experience? It is high probability that it just worked. (many airlines contracted CPH Express)
Old Jul 6, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by SK2751
Ah, nobody answered this - what was your experience? It is high probability that it just worked. (many airlines contracted CPH Express)
Can't speak for CPH but I did get thru Fast Track as O6*G in LH Y at ARN, automated gated opened without issues. LH seems to allow any *G for Fast Track so I don't see how CPH would be different.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Can't speak for CPH but I did get thru Fast Track as O6*G in LH Y at ARN, automated gated opened without issues. LH seems to allow any *G for Fast Track so I don't see how CPH would be different.
I’ve been repeatedly rejected at Fast Track as an A3*G and UA*G in SAS economy class at CPH. Also used to get rejected there as an O6*G in SAS economy class years ago.

My Amigo status was from a status match, but that wasn’t a factor.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I’ve been repeatedly rejected at Fast Track as an A3*G and UA*G in SAS economy class at CPH. Also used to get rejected there as an O6*G in SAS economy class years ago.

My Amigo status was from a status match, but that wasn’t a factor.
Yes I have also been turned away in that scenario you describe, since SK does not allow *G to use Fast Track. SK EBG or higher can use it with any Star Alliance boarding pass. Given that Lufthansa does contract Fast Track at ARN, they pay for any *G member to use it, as highlighted in the below wording:

"As a Lufthansa First or Business Class passenger, or as an HON Circle Member, Senator or Star Alliance Gold member, you are accustomed to enjoying certain privileges during your trip."

Security Fast Lanes | Lufthansa

This also has a search engine, I selected *G in Y departing ARN and it did give me the option for Fast Track.

Edited to add, bizarrely, CPH Express apparently is for HON only. It gave me this message "Sorry, no fast lanes available for selected options." when selecting J cabin without status or Y with anything other than HON.

This bizarre wording also is present. Anyone know which exclusive HON-only lane this is? And why at an random outstation like CPH?

"The Fast Track Lane for Lufthansa HON Circle Members at Copenhagen Airport has been closed since 24 June 2019. You can, of course, still use the CPH Express Fast Track to pass promptly through security."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.