Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2013, 1:28 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Quick question regarding UTo: I currently live in Switzerland and the country is not listed on the available list... Does this mean I can't use it or can I just chose another country?
Old May 23, 2013, 9:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just use another country...!
Old May 24, 2013, 4:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just use another country...!
Thanks man... Highly appreciated.
Old May 28, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: KLM Gold
I've requested an upgrade from economy to business on a SK flight from the US on May 29th, and the Optiontown website now shows the following status despite that I haven't received any e-mail communication from neither SAS or Optiontown regarding the upgrade:

"Upgrade to Business accepted subject to availability! Ask airport staff for final confirmation"

Does this mean that the upgrade will clear as long as SAS don't sell the seats to customers paying full price within the next 24hrs?

Is this standard language from Optiontown for a confirmed upgrade, or does it make any difference to show up extra early at the airport for check-in to lock down the seats re the paragraph about "subject to availability"?
Old May 28, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by meheeco
"Upgrade to Business accepted subject to availability! Ask airport staff for final confirmation"

Does this mean that the upgrade will clear as long as SAS don't sell the seats to customers paying full price within the next 24hrs?
I had the same a few weeks back and my upgrade was waiting for me at the gate. My guess is that it is standard language in the case that a chance to make more money on the seat comes up.

Maybe someone can comment if they were denied the upgrade after receiving the confirmation. I would be curious to know how often if might happen and why it would be denied.
Old May 29, 2013, 7:48 am

Hi,

Anyone who can check on SK935, June 13, CPH-SFO. I am EBG and wondering what chances are that economy might be oversold?

Thanks!
Old May 29, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by djacSE
Hi,

Anyone who can check on SK935, June 13, CPH-SFO. I am EBG and wondering what chances are that economy might be oversold?

Thanks!
FlightStats shows:

A0 C9 D9 J9 Z9 R0 Y9 S9 B9 E9 M9 H9 Q9 V9 W8 U8 K8 L0 T0 G9 N0

Someone with EF and/or more experience might have better insight, but to me there still seems to be space in economy.
Old May 29, 2013, 12:34 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Upgraded on LH-Document

Originally Posted by ksu
The need for 117-document (i.e. ticketed by SAS) is stated as a requirement for the new confirmed points upgrade from SAS. However, it has never been stated as a requirement for Optiontown, indeed: codeshares have been reported succesfully upgraded AFAIR. I have been upgraded twice using Optiontown on a Lufthansa document (flying to the US on LH, returning on SK). My last upgrade was in October 2012, i.e. before the information in the Wiki. I have a trip to the US coming up in May, on LH document, but returning on SK (no codeshares). Optiontown allowed me to sign up and pay as before, even if not ticketed on SAS.

Does anyone know anything for sure about this?
We (2 PAX) were upgraded SFO-CPH Sunday 26.05.13 on LH-document. So SK document clearly not necessary (but not possible to prerequest upgrade for points on SK, so the rule about 117-document is correct there).

Full flight, friends with good bulkhead seats in economy were asked at check-in whether they wanted to upgrade for points. There were announcements at the gate that upgrades were available, and a number of passengers apparently were op-up'ed just befor boarding started.
Old May 29, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: KLM Gold
I've requested an upgrade from economy to business on a SK flight from the US on May 29th, and the Optiontown website now shows the following status despite that I haven't received any e-mail communication from neither SAS or Optiontown regarding the upgrade:

Is this standard language from Optiontown for a confirmed upgrade, or does it make any difference to show up extra early at the airport for check-in to lock down the seats re the paragraph about "subject to availability"?
Ended up getting this upgrade at check-in, but only after I specifically mentioned it because the check-in agent found no information about it in her system. After a couple of phone calls to some back office agents they sorted it out.
Old May 30, 2013, 12:41 am

Programs: EBG

This happened to me back in February. I got the upgrade at the gate (check-in agent at my originating airport couldn't figure it out). They were expecting me when I arrived at the gate. Only issue I had was that my booking class was not changed and Optiontown had to contact SK to get the appropriate amount of points posted to my account afterwards.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 11:46 am

I am flying IAD-CPH on 8/19. Optiontown is showing me options at $197 for Eco extra or $438 for Business. Will I be offered a lower amount if I check again later? I will have to check two bags and the second is going to cost me ~$100 so I figure it makes sense to try and get an upgrade, right?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 2:42 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by orioles123
I am flying IAD-CPH on 8/19. Optiontown is showing me options at $197 for Eco extra or $438 for Business. Will I be offered a lower amount if I check again later? I will have to check two bags and the second is going to cost me ~$100 so I figure it makes sense to try and get an upgrade, right?
High season, end of Scandinavian school holidays. Probably no significant drop in OT pricing till then. With your extra luggage, I'd try my luck for an upgrade now.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by orioles123
$438 is pretty standard for eco to business on Optiontown. The eco to eco extra price is good too. In other words, I wouldn't bet on the price going down, and if it were me I'd have no problem paying those prices.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:14 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
I have never seen OT rates drop, only increase. Go for it.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 6:26 am

upgraded, sfo-cph

Got upgraded to business a few days before the flight.

They moved us to seats 8A and 8B (the secluded cabin in the back, these are window and aisle seats adjacent to the economy cabin.

Seats 1D and 1E are still available. Would you switch to those or stay with the small cabin option? Here's the seatguru map: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/SAS...irbus_A340.php

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.