Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2015, 3:09 pm
aro

Successfully upgraded via OT on SK910 froM EWR to CPH on March 21st, Go to Plus. Then further upgrade to Business w. points. ^
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:19 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Is it possible to upgrade just one person in the same PNR as a group of 3?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by vd0t
Is it possible to upgrade just one person in the same PNR as a group of 3?
No, all or none.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:24 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
SK903 24 March. Originally booked in Go, but rebooked ticket into Plus (not via Optiontown). Had applied for optiontown to plus and business on the original ticket and was informed 3 days prior that I was not upgraded to either, but arrived at gate and was upgraded anyway free of charge
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:24 am

Programs: A3 *G
I had my first Optiontown upgrade a few days ago on ATH-ARN-LHR.

All worked well except for a couple of points:

1) They do leave it very late to notify you of the upgrade. I need to vary my packing to take into account if I have the extra bag or not. Since I live more than 24hrs from the airport, the confirmation email didn't come in time. It wasn't a big problem as I checked on the SAS website and saw that I'd been upgraded 30hrs before Optiontown notified me. That raises the question - once the upgrade has been processed, why can't the cutomer be notified immediately?

2) When I saw my confirmation on the SAS site, I logged on to Optiontown to check it there. I confronted with a screen telling me that my flights had changed and I had to pay a further 19 Euro PLUS 3 Euro change fee, or I would lose my option! I followed the links just to see what would happen and I actually got as far as a final credit card charging page. It seems like they were indeed willing to take an extra 22 Euro from me even though the upgrade had already been confirmed. Needless to say I DIDN'T pay the extra and the only "changes" I could see to my flights were the switch from O class to A class.

The only other thing I'd say is - SAS should publicise Optiontown more. I'd never heard of it before I read about it here. I would have taken it up a few times in the last year if I'd known about it. Note that I'm not a Eurobonus member so maybe they only let their frequent flyers know, which seems like a lost opportunity.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by studentCPH
I got the points for my upgraded class on an intra EU fligth 10 days ago.

Optiontown to business should go into Z booking class and not C, so it would be weird if they gave you booking class C? But it of course still doesn't solve the problem, so you'll probably have to contact retro claim. I'd ask customerservice on the chat too.

I really hope this isn't something new they intend to stick to, it would completely ruin the purpose of intra EU upgrades..
Yes i can confirm, contacted optiontown customer service ... it did take about a week but got points for business now.

14 Mar 2015

Copenhagen - Washington

SK 0925 SAS Business

Basic Points

7 500

7 500

Whuzzy
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:37 am

Anyone here with an Expertflyer account? I would be quite interested in the availability of SK935 CPH-SFO Monday, 30th March.

I guess it is full in all cabins since SAS doesn't even offer a full flex C ticket for sale on that flight anymore.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:36 am

It seems pretty full..
C1 D0 Z0 R0 J0 Y0 S0 B0 P0 A0 E0 M0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 U0 K0 L0 T0 O0 G0 N0

Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by fassy
I guess it is full in all cabins since SAS doesn't even offer a full flex C ticket for sale on that flight anymore.
That very same happened for me on SK983 to Tokyo during cherry blossom season. All booking classes were zeroed out. Got upgraded from Go to Business. First came new Z-itinerary email from SAS two days before departure, day after OT email. On board after "boarding completed", 8B was still empty. Good luck!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 2:15 pm

Thanks miap and Abducted Alien!

Interesting enough Expert Flyer shows my selected seat in Go as free...
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:41 am

Doesn't look too good... Check-in just opened and no change in the SK booking or on OT. Guess I have to suffer 12 hours SK Y

First time though, let's see, perhaps it is not that bad as I expect it too be.

Anyway, lately I was very unlucky with OT on longhaul, last 6 trips no upgrade cleared.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Doesn't look too good... Check-in just opened and no change in the SK booking or on OT. Guess I have to suffer 12 hours SK Y
It's horrible, matey - I've been on SFO-CPH in Y back in the day ... CPH-SFO is much worse due to the timing.

Stuff your face with Zzzquil and Melatonin, get two quick shots of vodka and hope you wake up somewhere on the North American continent. All my sympathies
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by CKCPH
It's horrible, matey - I've been on SFO-CPH in Y back in the day ... CPH-SFO is much worse due to the timing.

Stuff your face with Zzzquil and Melatonin, get two quick shots of vodka and hope you wake up somewhere on the North American continent. All my sympathies
Amazing! I just checked again my booking on th iPhone and it changed the booked class to Business. I'm now on 1A

Got neither a mail from OT, nor from SK.

There are like 10 seats open in C right now.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Amazing! I just checked again my booking on th iPhone and it changed the booked class to Business. I'm now on 1A

Got neither a mail from OT, nor from SK.

There are like 10 seats open in C right now.
I actually literally felt a little rush of joy on your behalf Congrats!!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by CKCPH
I actually literally felt a little rush of joy on your behalf Congrats!!
Thanks, I'm really relived. That is a long ride.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.