• https://www.flysfo.com/travel-well/covid-19-testing
  • https://www.dc3therapeutics.com/schedule-covid19-testing
Print Wikipost

covid, pcr testing near sfo ????

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2022, 11:13 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by docbert
Both United. First was SFO. Second was LAX, but as I said it was their "Travel Ready" people that actually looked at the test results and approved it.

For the first one, I was a little worried when I got the test results back and it didn't explicitly state it was a PCR test, only that it used NAAT. I contacted them and a doctor provided me with a brief letter confirming that it was a PCR test and that I had tested negative - however I did not need to use it. For the second time I didn't bother and there were no issues.
Wild. I specifically went to SFO the day before a flight and wanted to make sure the test was good for the destination that required a pcr and all 4 different ticketing agents could see was the NAAT and that it wasn't PCR. We all got PCRs done that day and flew the next with those.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:33 pm

We've used worksite as well with good results. There is also still the 1hr one near the airport that is the most expensive, but literally <1hr.

Last edited by SamirD; Mar 22, 2022 at 10:54 pm Reason: fastr
Old Mar 22, 2022, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by SamirD
We've used worksite as well with good results. There is also still the 1hr one near the airport that is the most expensive, but literally 1hr.
well I chose 24 hour and got results in about 3 hours (or would have without a small computer glitch) so I wonder if u pay for 3 hour if you get it back in 1 hour
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
well I chose 24 hour and got results in about 3 hours (or would have without a small computer glitch) so I wonder if u pay for 3 hour if you get it back in 1 hour
Possibly. But if you needed in an hour, I wouldn't do that...
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by estnet
So here are some data points:
cvs - if you can't see results there is no one to help - no way to talk to anyone that will say anything other than look at the web (also states only test time not results which matters for Thailand) Also a few months ago they never posted my results for 4 days - but the results were actually available after 2 days - so without a backup test I would have been denied boarding
walgreens - a week ago I was given a number so I could track my test - test arrived next morning and results available in about 8 hours after that
yesterday - NOT given any tracking number "you'll get an email with the results" - results late afternoon following day
worksite - paid for 24 hour test - test at 11 - got email at 2 saying received at lab, email at 2:30 saying results were available but couldn't see them (spoke to a REAL person who said it was probably a computer glitch ) another email at 9 pm saying results ready - still couldn't see them - called again and person reloaded the results and I could see them - they actually were ready at 2:30 but I guess the other person didn't know how to see it - it's a known IT problem for them and they are working on it. BUT the most important thing was I could always reach a person who actually helped - and the results were super fast (varies depends on demands for testing which is down right now)
So worksite wins - much better customer service - results faster - hope this helps someone.
Thank you.

We're out in the Walnut Creek area, and also won't chance CVS or Walgreens for our upcoming tests. I'm tempted to make the drive into SF or up to Sacto for Worksite, because it's reimbursed by insurance. The only other reasonably priced option in our area that I've found is in Pittburg, and if you can't make their 2pm cutoff to get next day results, you'll pay $150 OOP for same day results.
SamirD likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I recently tested from both Walgreens and workstie.
- worksite (the one near SFO) - definitely is better and faster, and insurance can cover. But I feel their website might have some problems. When I first tried to make appointment, it only allowed to pay by card, but not through insurance. That's why I ended up going to walgreens first.
- walgreens - free. have much fewer slots and you need to make appointments early. Their website said PCR result could be obtained within 48 hr. However, after my test was done, the staff told me there was no way it can be done within 48hr, as they only collected the sample and needed to ship it to the lab to test it....
So I ended up trying worksite again, and after a few tries somehow I was able to pay through insurance (for 24hr PCR or 1h anti-gen). The process was very smooth and I got my result back after 3 hours.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 1:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by chocotravelguide
I recently tested from both Walgreens and workstie.
- worksite (the one near SFO) - definitely is better and faster, and insurance can cover. But I feel their website might have some problems. When I first tried to make appointment, it only allowed to pay by card, but not through insurance. That's why I ended up going to walgreens first.
- walgreens - free. have much fewer slots and you need to make appointments early. Their website said PCR result could be obtained within 48 hr. However, after my test was done, the staff told me there was no way it can be done within 48hr, as they only collected the sample and needed to ship it to the lab to test it....
So I ended up trying worksite again, and after a few tries somehow I was able to pay through insurance (for 24hr PCR or 1h anti-gen). The process was very smooth and I got my result back after 3 hours.
Also note that I did get my PCR result from Walgreens back after ~30 hours. Tested at 10am, and got result at 5pm next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.