• https://www.dc3therapeutics.com/schedule-covid19-testing
Print Wikipost

covid, pcr testing near sfo ????

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2021, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by TWA884
The urgent care that I went to a couple of weeks ago to get a PCR Covid test billed my insurance, there was no copayment and I didn't have to pay a penny out of pocket. I had to wait an hour to have the sample taken. Got the results 28 hours later.
So lax is less costly than the SFO area
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 11:03 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by estnet
I just spoke to my neighbor who has Kaiser and hers had apts within 2 days and fast results. I don't have Kaiser.
Ah, 2 days--so they're mildly backed up too.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by estnet
Very curious why it is so hard to get tested now compared to April May when fewer people were vaccinated
Because in April/May they were doing about 30,000 tests per day. Currently they are doing around 250,000 tests per day.
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by docbert
Because in April/May they were doing about 30,000 tests per day. Currently they are doing around 250,000 tests per day.
Very interesting. Is that in California? what is the source if you don't mind. It is interesting that in an area where we have over 90% of eligible people vac it is so hard to get tests. Some of it may be the extensive testing that is being done for children now back at school (some schools are testing once a week but some are not)- but that wouldn't account for the difference in availability at the local pharmacies unless it's a supply issue.
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:34 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Did my test here: https://worksitelabs.com/scheduling/

90 bucks for 24h turnaround ( I got it within 12 hrs) 150 bucks for 12 hrs turnaround and 250 bucks for 1.5 hrs

Few locations in SF
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Lonsinla
Did my test here: https://worksitelabs.com/scheduling/

90 bucks for 24h turnaround ( I got it within 12 hrs) 150 bucks for 12 hrs turnaround and 250 bucks for 1.5 hrs

Few locations in SF
That's who we used too. We went to the airport location since it was the closest. They're actually pretty near by the other RT-PCR place that did our in 1hr for $399 back in April. Glad to see the competition increase so the prices might drop...maybe...
Old Aug 24, 2021, 1:49 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SamirD
That's who we used too. We went to the airport location since it was the closest. They're actually pretty near by the other RT-PCR place that did our in 1hr for $399 back in April. Glad to see the competition increase so the prices might drop...maybe...
took me a while to find them, other places charge btw 200-400 for the same pcr test with 24hr turnaround. Highway robbery!
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Lonsinla
took me a while to find them, other places charge btw 200-400 for the same pcr test with 24hr turnaround. Highway robbery!
Yep, but I think it's to discourage travel and those that absolutely have to go will pay almost any price. At the peak, I was seeing companies charging over $1000 for 1hr tests where they come to you--must be a supply of customers to have that type of a product.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 8:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
In San Francisco through to Oct 16.
travel to Reno and then fly off on Oct 18 to Canada.
need molecular test within 72 hours of arriving flight to Canada -around 5 pm Mon.
first flight AC codeshared on UA to denver-then AC flight to YYZ.

I want to take rapid molecular -pcr or otherwise- test in SFO.

which of the 3 testing companies I shoul use?
Old Oct 12, 2021, 8:55 am

I would say worksite labs.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
In San Francisco through to Oct 16.
travel to Reno and then fly off on Oct 18 to Canada.
need molecular test within 72 hours of arriving flight to Canada -around 5 pm Mon.
first flight AC codeshared on UA to denver-then AC flight to YYZ.

I want to take rapid molecular -pcr or otherwise- test in SFO.

which of the 3 testing companies I shoul use?
For canada flight travel, NAAT test is also acceptable (and cheaper than RT-PCR). I did these tests from Xpresscheck/ US Careways - Terminal 3, Arrivals Level, pre-security, near Door 12. Its advised to schedule prior appointment and they usually give results in 45mins-1hr.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 12:47 pm

I'm flying from SIN to HNL with a 9hr stopover in SFO to do my pre-travel covid test required for entering HI. Can I double check if anyone has any experience to share on how hectic the booking/reservation is? Are they very strict on the timing?

I'm flying on 12/26 and only have that period to do the gohealth rapid NAAT so I'll need to ensure I get a slot - looks like slots open 1 week in advance from what I checked so I'll camp at my computer to book a slot.

Actually now that I'm thinking about it - which would be safer? Reserve a slot say 90 minutes after my scheduled arrival or say 2 hours before my flight to HI? The former might put me at risk if my flight arrives late and the latter might be cutting it close, though from some of the replies I read, the test is pretty prompt. I could also do the test in the city since I'll be meeting up with family I suppose.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by goodtasting
I'm flying from SIN to HNL with a 9hr stopover in SFO to do my pre-travel covid test required for entering HI. Can I double check if anyone has any experience to share on how hectic the booking/reservation is? Are they very strict on the timing?

I'm flying on 12/26 and only have that period to do the gohealth rapid NAAT so I'll need to ensure I get a slot - looks like slots open 1 week in advance from what I checked so I'll camp at my computer to book a slot.

Actually now that I'm thinking about it - which would be safer? Reserve a slot say 90 minutes after my scheduled arrival or say 2 hours before my flight to HI? The former might put me at risk if my flight arrives late and the latter might be cutting it close, though from some of the replies I read, the test is pretty prompt. I could also do the test in the city since I'll be meeting up with family I suppose.
​​​​​​​Its better to book appointment for 2hr after you land (assuming u need to walk down, immigration check point may b busy). I know Xpresscheck (Door 12, SFO Arrival) - about 10misn walking from Immigration point, conducts NAAT and RT PCR test and gives result in 45min-1hr. Even if you miss the appointment/ unable to reach at your slot time, you can always request/ walk in to the reception for later time (same day though). They take walk-ins (with limited capacity for no prior appointments) also, but better to have prior appointment.
goodtasting and SamirD like this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 5:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by goodtasting

At $275 per test, I don't think they're exactly overwhelmed with customers. I'd schedule for shortly after arrival and not stress about it.
goodtasting likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 9:08 pm

thanks both for your thoughts!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.