FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - covid, pcr testing near sfo ????
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2021, 1:56 pm
cfxa2000

Originally Posted by goodtasting
I'm flying from SIN to HNL with a 9hr stopover in SFO to do my pre-travel covid test required for entering HI. Can I double check if anyone has any experience to share on how hectic the booking/reservation is? Are they very strict on the timing?

I'm flying on 12/26 and only have that period to do the gohealth rapid NAAT so I'll need to ensure I get a slot - looks like slots open 1 week in advance from what I checked so I'll camp at my computer to book a slot.

Actually now that I'm thinking about it - which would be safer? Reserve a slot say 90 minutes after my scheduled arrival or say 2 hours before my flight to HI? The former might put me at risk if my flight arrives late and the latter might be cutting it close, though from some of the replies I read, the test is pretty prompt. I could also do the test in the city since I'll be meeting up with family I suppose.
​​​​​​​Its better to book appointment for 2hr after you land (assuming u need to walk down, immigration check point may b busy). I know Xpresscheck (Door 12, SFO Arrival) - about 10misn walking from Immigration point, conducts NAAT and RT PCR test and gives result in 45min-1hr. Even if you miss the appointment/ unable to reach at your slot time, you can always request/ walk in to the reception for later time (same day though). They take walk-ins (with limited capacity for no prior appointments) also, but better to have prior appointment.