• https://www.flysfo.com/travel-well/covid-19-testing
  • https://www.dc3therapeutics.com/schedule-covid19-testing
Print Wikipost

covid, pcr testing near sfo ????

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2021, 5:37 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by estnet
The cvs in San Mateo that does the pcr test is actually really close to Burlingame border. I had test there twice - first time result came through in less than 2 days, the second time it was not reported (or available with signin) for 5 days - but it was reported as being completed in less than 48 hours - there was no way to contact anyone or find out what happened then or after. Had I not had another test I would have missed my flight as I could not show the result when needed. I have met others who had the same problem at other cvs sites and also could not find any way to contact a live person about the IT problem
Thanks. I stopped by GoHealth in Mill Valley and will sign up when the time comes.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by vanillabean
The place is closed during the weekend, and my flight is a Monday morning. I may want to stop by GoHealth in Mill Valley.
For most countries the requirement is within 72 hours of departure, which would put you at Friday morning for the test, not over the weekend.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 31, 2021, 12:28 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by docbert
For most countries the requirement is within 72 hours of departure, which would put you at Friday morning for the test, not over the weekend.
True. Unfortunately my destination is Denmark, which is at 48 hours, but otherwise like the US, "the COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) must be taken within 3 days of the initial flight departure, and connections cannot be longer than 24 hours” ("within 3 days of" meaning no earlier than 3 calendar days before the day of).
estnet and SamirD like this.
Old May 31, 2021, 2:42 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by vanillabean
True. Unfortunately my destination is Denmark, which is at 48 hours, but otherwise like the US, "the COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) must be taken within 3 days of the initial flight departure, and connections cannot be longer than 24 hours” ("within 3 days of" meaning no earlier than 3 calendar days before the day of).
My wife's flight had the same requirement so using the expensive place we found was good for piece of mind since the results came back quick.
Old May 31, 2021, 1:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
i'm going to hawaii soon and have narrowed it down to going to gohealth urgent care. they are an approved safe travel testing partner and offer 15min PCR results, and its free w/ most major insurance providers

EDIT: Just got tested today and as promised got results w/i 15 mins and successfully uploaded and confirmed negative test on hawaii safe travels site
goodtasting and SamirD like this.

Last edited by RedPanda5; Jun 1, 2021 at 10:35 pm
Old Jun 12, 2021, 8:29 pm

Preparing for a 4th of July trip to France. As we are flying SFO-AMS-CDG on Friday the 2nd, it sounds like our best option is the testing at the SFO airport from Dignety

upon boarding, each traveller aged 11 years or older must present a negative PCR test taken less than 72 hours before the flight or a negative antigenic test taken less than 48 hours before the flight.
The measures regarding pressing grounds for travel and quarantine which are applicable to vaccinated adults also apply to any minors accompanying them, whether they are vaccinated or not.

Its not cheap, but it solves any timing issues...

https://www.gohealthuc.com/bayarea/s...vid-19-testing
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by richiezc
i'm going to hawaii soon and have narrowed it down to going to gohealth urgent care. they are an approved safe travel testing partner and offer 15min PCR results, and its free w/ most major insurance providers

EDIT: Just got tested today and as promised got results w/i 15 mins and successfully uploaded and confirmed negative test on hawaii safe travels site
I'm confused why you say it is free with insurance
"Billing insurance is only available to SFO employees. All other passengers will be required to pay $225 on-site by credit card." and they charge a total of $261 including an evaluation fee "The total cost for the evaluation and test is $261 and must be paid prior to your test"
I don't think many insurance will pay this amount

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Preparing for a 4th of July trip to France. As we are flying SFO-AMS-CDG on Friday the 2nd, it sounds like our best option is the testing at the SFO airport from Dignety

So the above post said it was free with insurance but you seem to indicate that what I quoted is more likely???
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 10:29 pm

I'm confused why you say it is free with insurance
"Billing insurance is only available to SFO employees. All other passengers will be required to pay $225 on-site by credit card." and they charge a total of $261 including an evaluation fee "The total cost for the evaluation and test is $261 and must be paid prior to your test"
I don't think many insurance will pay this amount

So the above post said it was free with insurance but you seem to indicate that what I quoted is more likely???
I didn't get tested at the airport, did it at the location on market street in SF:
https://www.gohealthuc.com/bayarea/s.../market-street

They have a lot of locations, just make sure it offers the 15 min rapid result

No upfront payment was required
nnn and SamirD like this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by richiezc
I didn't get tested at the airport, did it at the location on market street in SF:
https://www.gohealthuc.com/bayarea/s.../market-street

They have a lot of locations, just make sure it offers the 15 min rapid result

No upfront payment was required
Thanks so much for the clarification -
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 10:42 pm

Also it should be covered as they bill it as a diagnostic test: "Diagnosis: Contact with and (suspected) exposure to covid-19 Z20.822"

Quote directly from my insurance:
"We’re covering the full cost of diagnostic tests for COVID-19, as long as the test is ordered by a health care provider and meets CDC guidelines."
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 8:29 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Same here. We have done a number of rapid tests at the Castro location, and haven’t been billed. It seems the SFO location is treated differently for costs/billing.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti

This is what we planned on for a trip in April SFO-DOH-BLR and SFO-FRA-BLR (wife and I were on separate itineraries) and we went the day before the flight for the tests and there were big signs stating that therse were NOT RT-PCR tests. They helped my wife find out what testing was available for such a short window and there was a testing site near the airport that gave us results in time, but at a cost of $399/ea. If we would have known this, it would have made more sense to go to the San Jose airport and get testing done there 2 days in advance at a cost of $150. I'm not sure how much of this has changed, but definitely do your homework as I saw a lot of empty seats on my flight from whole families that were denied boarding at SFO due to the incorrect test results and the inability to get them quick enough at the last second.
estnet likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:03 pm

https://www.dc3therapeutics.com/sche...ovid19-testing

Another option.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 4:13 pm

Has anyone used their Kaiser tests for an international trip? According to a little paragraph at the end of my test report: "Kaiser Permanente COVID testing methods involving viral genome amplification, also known as nucleic acid amplification testing (NAAT) (including RT-PCR), meet both Kaiser Permanente internal laboratory PCR sensitivity requirements and the requirements of the CDC Order signed January 25, 2021, with respect to viral testing. These tests meet requirements for domestic and international travel." but aside from that RT-PCR isn't noted anywhere else on the results.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:08 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SamirD
Has anyone used their Kaiser tests for an international trip?
Yes, to Australia which needs a PCR test.

My results didn't even have the sentence you've quoted that mention both PCR and international travel, it just had mention of NAAT. After I received my results and discovered that, I called Kaiser and they setup a phone appointment with a doctor (not mine, as he wasn't available) who called me back about 5 minutes later. Described the issue to him, and he send me a 2-line letter stating that the test was a PCR test and that my results were negative.

That said, I didn't need it. United accepted the print-out of the test results from the Kaiser website without issue, and I didn't need to show the backup letter. If I was doing it again, especially now that it has that extra sentence mentioning both PCR (twice) and travel, I wouldn't bother with the letter.
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.