Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.

The Escape Lounge is a small-medium lounge in Terminal 1 airside, across from Gate 9, between Gates 8 and 8A.

Complimentary access for American Express Platinum Card® and Centurion® Members as part of the American Express Global Lounge CollectionSM. Also to departing International Business class or higher passengers such as British Airways.

Access for walk up clients is $45.00; booking in advance via Escape Lounges is $40.00. This is not a Priority Pass or airline lounge.

Amenities include a selection of complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and snacks, as well as

• Ultra-Fast internet provision, separate from the main airport Wi-Fi
• Easy, free of charge, access to the web
• Print, scan and copy
• Cellphone / tablet charging points abd poser points

(No showers; lavatories across the concourse)

Link to Escape Lounges page on OAK lounge

Link to OAK Airport lounge page
Print Wikipost

Escape Lounge OAK

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2022, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by DELee
So the terminal will become more crowded and the Escape Lounge will become empty?

David
I suspect both will get more crowded as Southwest schedules more flights in the terminal
Old Nov 1, 2022, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
I suspect both will get more crowded as Southwest schedules more flights in the terminal
I doubt it will increase admissions to the lounge much. The Terminal 1 gates are close enough (and airside) such that most of those traveling on Southwest with a Plat card probably already show up in the lounge, regardless of where their gate is. I'm also guessing that Southwest passengers in general are less likely to have a Plat card. (No snobbery on my part there -- I love my Plat card and I love flying the Love Airline.)

It would be a big spike in traffic if we ever see a repeat of something like BA or Norwegian return to OAK and include Escape Lounge access for premium cabin passengers.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dhuey
I doubt it will increase admissions to the lounge much. The Terminal 1 gates are close enough (and airside) such that most of those traveling on Southwest with a Plat card probably already show up in the lounge, regardless of where their gate is. I'm also guessing that Southwest passengers in general are less likely to have a Plat card. (No snobbery on my part there -- I love my Plat card and I love flying the Love Airline.)

It would be a big spike in traffic if we ever see a repeat of something like BA or Norwegian return to OAK and include Escape Lounge access for premium cabin passengers.
And that is what makes the economics of the lounge appealing for the lounge operator.

As for the WN passengers - I'd expect that a lot of WN passengers have Platinum cards, but most of that subset are business travelers who fly OAK for the easy in / easy out and spend as little time as possible in an airport terminal.
SPN Lifer and Boraxo like this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

I agree with this more. If you do have a Platinum card and are flying WN to/from OAK, you're already using this lounge.

David
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:37 pm

I agree with this more. If you do have a Platinum card and are flying WN to/from OAK, you're already using this lounge.

David
I think Eastbay1K is also right that there are probably a lot of Southwest passengers on business travel, with a Plat, who are all-business at OAK: spend as little time in the terminal as possible. These types probably show up in the lounge only when their flight is delayed.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
I think Eastbay1K is also right that there are probably a lot of Southwest passengers on business travel, with a Plat, who are all-business at OAK: spend as little time in the terminal as possible. These types probably show up in the lounge only when their flight is delayed.
Fundamentally, I've found that, for most travelers, FTers, business or otherwise, you're a lounge person or not.

David
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:50 pm

Fundamentally, I've found that, for most travelers, FTers, business or otherwise, you're a lounge person or not.

David
Some of us take it to another level: lounge enthusiasts. It's not rational, but for some reason being in an airport lounge often brings me immense joy. I don't fight it. I embrace the irrational joy.
Eastbay1K, SPN Lifer and Boraxo like this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:21 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
That's me. If I'm flying WN, I'm arriving at OAK about 35 minutes prior to departure. Not budgeting a minute more for Escape (nor am I walking all the way to/from the 20s to T1 for the lounge).
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Did you have any doubt that I'd be right? I'd rather get to the airport early and not sweat the unexpected freeway wreck or BART meltdown and have my breakfast / coffee / lunch / snack / cocktail (just depends what and when) in the lounge. And when flying WN, it is the only way to have a PDB! I also welcome a brisk 10 to 15 minute walk prior to a flight.
SPN Lifer and ucdtim17 like this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I also welcome a brisk 10 to 15 minute walk prior to a flight.
Absolutely. All that time sitting in the tube -- best to get a good walk in before.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 12:34 pm

Greetings from the lounge. It’s about 1/3 full. Food options are good but not as great as pre-pandemic. Staff is friendly, as they have always been in my experience.

Old Mar 18, 2023, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Those food photos are 10x better than anything I have ever seen served there. If that menu is par for the course now then we are back in business with Escape.
SPN Lifer and ryw like this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Boraxo Jr. reports following breakfast menu @ Escape OAK today:
  • banana chip oatmeal
  • french toast
  • sausages
  • egg patties
  • breakfast potatoes
  • fruit
  • yogurt
Old Jul 25, 2023, 7:15 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
Do they ask for outgoing boarding pass or do they permit entry on arrival?
Old Jul 29, 2023, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by kpott
Do they ask for outgoing boarding pass or do they permit entry on arrival?
I've gone there on arrival before. Not certain but pretty sure that's still okay. All they seem to care about is swiping the Plat card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.