Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.

The Escape Lounge is a small-medium lounge in Terminal 1 airside, across from Gate 9, between Gates 8 and 8A.

Complimentary access for American Express Platinum Card® and Centurion® Members as part of the American Express Global Lounge CollectionSM. Also to departing International Business class or higher passengers such as British Airways.

Access for walk up clients is $45.00; booking in advance via Escape Lounges is $40.00. This is not a Priority Pass or airline lounge.

Amenities include a selection of complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and snacks, as well as

• Ultra-Fast internet provision, separate from the main airport Wi-Fi
• Easy, free of charge, access to the web
• Print, scan and copy
• Cellphone / tablet charging points abd poser points

(No showers; lavatories across the concourse)

Link to Escape Lounges page on OAK lounge

Link to OAK Airport lounge page
Print Wikipost

Escape Lounge OAK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:30 pm

They have water dispensers at the bar and made plastic bottles available only on request (for waste reduction supposedly). Odd choice to make given it adds people to the bar line and adds work for bartenders.

I hope there is some sort of plan for more lounge space (or general restaurant space) at the airport. Before the lounge opened, I rarely spent money on food there during peak hours because every place is basically full (I still don't spend money, eating at the lounge). The airport loses out on revenue when people don't eat because there is no place to sit.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
They have water dispensers at the bar and made plastic bottles available only on request (for waste reduction supposedly). Odd choice to make given it adds people to the bar line and adds work for bartenders.

I hope there is some sort of plan for more lounge space (or general restaurant space) at the airport. Before the lounge opened, I rarely spent money on food there during peak hours because every place is basically full (I still don't spend money, eating at the lounge). The airport loses out on revenue when people don't eat because there is no place to sit.
Given that Norwegian is pulling back on some service and BA is pulling out altogether, I wouldn't be too optimistic. On the other hand, crowding should reduce. Clearly this place is under-utilized part of the day with the time-restricted Groupon offers.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:36 am

Waitlist last night for access. It was needed; hopefully they can keep the crowd at a manageable level now.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I really like this lounge when it's not overwhelmed. Unfortunately, my most common OAK flight these days is the 6:45 p.m. DL departure to LAX, and that's peak time for the DY departures.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I really like this lounge when it's not overwhelmed. Unfortunately, my most common OAK flight these days is the 6:45 p.m. DL departure to LAX, and that's peak time for the DY departures.
Unsure of the impacts but DY moving some flights to SFO.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Troopers
Unsure of the impacts but DY moving some flights to SFO.
That should help, but given how small the lounge is, it's going to be crowded before any Norwegian flight.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Only about 20 or so customers mid-afternoon last week (no Norwegian flight) but same crappy food offerings. IMO the Typical UA lounge has better food and of course no restrooms here. Much better food options in T2. Doubt I will return even for free.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Only about 20 or so customers mid-afternoon last week (no Norwegian flight) but same crappy food offerings. IMO the Typical UA lounge has better food and of course no restrooms here. Much better food options in T2. Doubt I will return even for free.
I like their breakfast and lunch spreads. I guess we have different food preferences.
Eastbay1K and ryw like this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by dhuey
I like their breakfast and lunch spreads. I guess we have different food preferences.
Yeah, Im with you Dhuey. Vastly, vastly better than UA. However I have been there a few times where they couldnt refill the sandwiches or other hot things in those individuals cast irons fast enough. If you get stuck at a time like that you might perceive that it's a lesser offering. But mostly it's great. And awesome coffee (same machine that I see at Ritz Carlton club lounges and they use great beans), fresh cookies & milk too. There's a lot of attention to detail in the planning, though I've seen execution breakdown from time to time.
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
I plan to transit in oak for about 1 hour. I plan to fly southwest from burbank to seattle with transit in oak. Do I have to enough time to get out use the lounge get some food then catch the flight back to seattle?
Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by happyvoid
I plan to transit in oak for about 1 hour. I plan to fly southwest from burbank to seattle with transit in oak. Do I have to enough time to get out use the lounge get some food then catch the flight back to seattle?
Yes. About 10-16m walk from furthest WN gates and no need to reclear security. But really do you have 1 hour free or a half hour before the next flight boards?
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
so not enough time you think?
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by happyvoid
so not enough time you think?
If you either arrive or depart from T1, you'll be right by the lounge. It doesn't happen too frequently, but you've got a slim chance of getting a T1 gate.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, IHG
For Amex Plat holders, is there a need to make a reservation through the Escape website before a visit?

I am getting to the airport early this Friday (like 5:30am) so crowding shouldn’t be an issue. I see from the wiki one gets a discount for reserving in advance, but I assume I and my two guests will be covered by the Amex Plat lounge benefit.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by climbingbear
For Amex Plat holders, is there a need to make a reservation through the Escape website before a visit?

I am getting to the airport early this Friday (like 5:30am) so crowding shouldn’t be an issue. I see from the wiki one gets a discount for reserving in advance, but I assume I and my two guests will be covered by the Amex Plat lounge benefit.
According to the website, you should be fine bringing in two guests. No need to make a reservation, I don't think there is any point doing so as an AmEx Plat cardholder.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.