Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-miles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by El Cid
500 emiles = 1000 HHonors points. Don't know the PC exchange rate.
500 emiles = 750 PC points. Not a very good deal.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:33 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by bob12403
But Delta accounts no longer have to be kept active, as SkyPesos don't expire.
I forgot, which shows you how often I fly DL. Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2012, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
All the airline exchange ratios seem to the be the same (I think I have them all).

Mrs FTF got this same notice and just reading the e-mail I was incredibly pissed off - no miles? But the link to the explanation site saying that she'd have all the travel options makes it OK, if true.

All the same, we won't spend a nickle on the site - just do freebies - until we get past the cutoff date and see she has other travel options.

FTF
Old Dec 23, 2012, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I have 475 DL and will barely not make it to 500. Can live with the Amazon thing but I wish there were a grace period. Then again, who am I kidding? To get 25 e miles you need a month or more!
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
MM, can U click on 5 things for 5 points each even if UR not interested in them?
Or U can donate to a charity. The e-miles for a one-time or a first donation usually post instantly! But I usually have to fight for points on monthly recurring donations.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Brendan
MM, can U click on 5 things for 5 points each even if UR not interested in them?
Or U can donate to a charity. The e-miles for a one-time or a first donation usually post instantly! But I usually have to fight for points on monthly recurring donations.
I do the 5 pt clicks
those add up but VERY slowly over time
I rarely if ever do any deals with e miles because you need to wait many moons for the miles to post, I have found.

I cannot really do all the e miles deals too. I mainly use firefox for everything and lately no videos work (youtube, e miles ones, etc) because it turns out you tube is using a new htmls 5 or something and ff is not compatible with that. So because of this some of the 5 point e miles offers wont work either. I hate Internet Exploder and it stinks on my pc anyway (slow and cumbersome no matter what) so I am awaiting a new you tube fix but for e miles I have just been hoping for the 5 point ones without any vids on them. There have been some where, if you wait, it thinks you watched it so you get to click through but not all.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Hmmm...Mrs FTF uses Firefox for everything but has had no problems. Maybe a version issue.

Surprisingly, we've hardly ever had issues with donations - single or recurring. The big problem has been more the one-offs (sign up for newsletters, etc). Frequently, they'll work for her (Firefox) and not me (IE) or vice versa, but no rhyme or reason to it.

FTF
Old Dec 25, 2012, 2:49 am

Programs: AA Platinum, LY Matmid
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I have 475 DL and will barely not make it to 500. Can live with the Amazon thing but I wish there were a grace period. Then again, who am I kidding? To get 25 e miles you need a month or more!
I was in the same position with 450 miles. There were no 5 point deals open and i wasn't sure that there would be enough before the deadline.

I had a previous offer on the page for magazine subscriptions for $2 and 25 miles each. I opened the page and the price went down to $1. I ordered 2 magazines for $4 including shipping and got 50 miles.

Although it said the miles would post in a number of days, they posted immediately, and I transfered them immediately to DL.

Now just have to figure out which is a better program to accumulate to

Problem solved in 5 minutes and I got 2 magazines for a year to boot
Old Dec 25, 2012, 6:42 pm

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Amazon redemption question

Does anyone know if you can redeem 500 e-miles with Amazon, and if so, what $ amount gift card you get? Thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
I was right at 400 miles so did a $25 donation to USO; 200 miles posted immediately and I initiated the deposit to DL. A bit more expensive than magazines, but it's a great cause (we support them throughout the year) and got the DL points in.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by needtoescape
Does anyone know if you can redeem 500 e-miles with Amazon, and if so, what $ amount gift card you get? Thanks!
For 500 emiles you get a $10 e-gift code for Amazon. tls
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
E-Miles Customer Service response

I sent e-miles a note asking about airline (and other) redemption options once Delta goes away. The response I got, although not exactly crystal clear, may provide some indication of where things go next:

"Thank you for contacting e-Miles® Member Services. To clarify, e-Miles is the unique partner program that lets you earn free miles toward your frequent flyer account. Currently, our sponsors include United Airlines®, Hilton HHonors®, Intercontinental Hotel®, AirTran Airlines®, Frontier Airlines®, Alaska Airlines®, Amazon®, Southwest Airlines®, and US Airways®.

You will also have access to dining, other retail, and other travel sponsors of e-Miles. Please click the link provided below in the e-Miles Announcement Email sent on 12/21/2012."

As someone who was locked in to Delta from a decades-old invitation, I actually welcome this change if it allows me to redeem for United miles.

Of course, the skeptics among us will notice the CSR's use of the word "currently" when discussing the program partners....
Old Dec 27, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Originally Posted by thelostshark
For 500 emiles you get a $10 e-gift code for Amazon. tls
Thanks for the information!

Originally Posted by bob12403
As someone who was locked in to Delta from a decades-old invitation, I actually welcome this change if it allows me to redeem for United miles.
I agree that United Miles (or even Hilton HHonors points or the Amazon gift cards) are more valuable options to me than Delta miles. I am holding my 500 e-miles to redeem in January.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
500 miles for $10 is .02 per mile. Are Skypesos really so worthless?
Old Jan 1, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Well, now that the new year is here, e-rewards is promising that by "mid-January" we will have new reward options (if you had a Delta account previously). Apparently our points are in limbo until then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.