Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-miles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
I know this has been mentioned before on this thread, but I've noticed recently (over the past 3-4 months) that a very high percentage of my offers no longer contain the 5 free miles just for clicking through. In fact, some weeks I get ONLY offers that give you points for buying/subscribing to something. Guess I can't really complain considering I was getting something for nothing, but I think after my next 500-point threshold I may stop with the program. It's taking me months at a time just to get to 500 miles...not really worth the time it takes to log in.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
The only reason that I am bothering with this is to build up the points for US Airways grand slam, otherwise I would forget it. It is worse than My Points - at least those 5 pointers come more frequently!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by NewArrival
Anyone else get the offer from Pitney Bowes for 1,000 e-miles? Anyone going for it? Pitney Bowes has poor-to-mixed reviews online, but hey, a 60-day trial for 1k miles is pretty tempting.
i did that once, and it was a pain to get reimbursed for the whole expense. they make you load the machine with $x of postage and theoretically that gets refunded when you send it back but i had to call a number of times and that included explaining why i never even opened the box. i wouldn't do it again myself.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 1:57 am

how to handle new United mileageplus account number?

I enrolled in e-Miles several months ago using my United MileagePlus account number. Of course with the Continental merger, they've issued new MileagePlus account numbers recently. But I can't update the account number in my e-Miles account as the account number field there is read-only. Does anyone know how this will be handled and if the old United account number will still be good for e-Miles to deposit miles in? I sent in a question to e-Miles about this and am waiting to hear back, but wondering if anyone else has insight into this.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by budster
I enrolled in e-Miles several months ago using my United MileagePlus account number. But I can't update the account number in my e-Miles account as the account number field there is read-only. Does anyone know how this will be handled and if the old United account number will still be good for e-Miles to deposit miles in?
They make it hard to change number. But two years later, my Northwest number on the account still works to get me Delta miles.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by budster
I enrolled in e-Miles several months ago using my United MileagePlus account number. Of course with the Continental merger, they've issued new MileagePlus account numbers recently. But I can't update the account number in my e-Miles account as the account number field there is read-only. Does anyone know how this will be handled and if the old United account number will still be good for e-Miles to deposit miles in? I sent in a question to e-Miles about this and am waiting to hear back, but wondering if anyone else has insight into this.
I would just wait until you can transfer the miles out and do so (they should still get credited to your Mileage Plus account even with the old number), then close the account and open a new one with your new number. Then you can get the bonus points again if any and do many of the same offers over again.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by fairviewroad
I know this has been mentioned before on this thread, but I've noticed recently (over the past 3-4 months) that a very high percentage of my offers no longer contain the 5 free miles just for clicking through. In fact, some weeks I get ONLY offers that give you points for buying/subscribing to something. Guess I can't really complain considering I was getting something for nothing, but I think after my next 500-point threshold I may stop with the program. It's taking me months at a time just to get to 500 miles...not really worth the time it takes to log in.
Yes. This program has been de-valued very much reminiscent of MyPoints - both now have a great deal amount of spammail with no point credit vis-a-vis the "click for credit" promise it started with.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ritz
Yes. This program has been de-valued very much reminiscent of MyPoints - both now have a great deal amount of spammail with no point credit vis-a-vis the "click for credit" promise it started with.
Funny...I was just stewing about this and came back over to the old S.P.A.M. forum where haven't been so much since the glory days of Club Bing to rant about it. But I see great mile-seeking minds think alike:

Fairviewroad has my complaint about the sudden huge drop off in 5-mile reading credit, and Ritz is making the analogy that I was thinking of, to the days when MyPoints gradually started to suck more and more.

OK, here's one more, though: have others been noting that fewer and fewer of these rewards seem to be crediting automatically?

FTF
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
both emiles and mypoints seem to get you to click thru a lot more to end up with a lot less of those 5 mile gains.

BUT it's still free and relatively easy to do so when you have a few mins in front of a computer and the slow gains do eventually add up. You cannot really go out there depending on them for anything but they do add up.

And mypoints HAS actually gotten really good at both crediting bigger point hits and following up on things should there ever be an issue.

(In fact those who know me best know that I almost like a company better who makes a mistake and can rectify it than one who claims to never make mistakes at all!)

I have begun to trust Mypoints with things like, say, getting the Panera GC for $50 and receiving 300 points. I did this twice and they are crediting.

I mean, I use Panera anyway so why not. They may have other deals but currently I am going for a redemption amount of MyPoints that requires a lot of points (I have redeemed in the past and that works out too) so i do need the extra pointage.

This is all about emiles though... but what I just said SEEMS to be true for emiles as well. At least for me.

I have an acct for my wife's Hilton and it's posted 2x and I'm half way thru getting to #3 (for 1000 HH points) and I have an acct for myself on DL (posted 2x and working slowly on #3) and my UA (slowly growing too).

My UA does concern me because while its sign up bonus did post (emiles 200 a month ago or so) I am now also wondering how they will do things with the new UA numbers! I guess I will find out cuz I dunno if it's worth emailing them and alerting the fact I also have that DL one in my same name.

So if people have suggestions on how to handle UA, do post those.

Finally, for emiles, I am using it to help bring a friend's US acct up to an even 60k miles which he said I could use in the future for a 60k flight I could take. He's got 59,956 US miles so why not, right? With emiles I already got him 175 miles and while it will take time, I can do the fast 5 pointers more easily then he can. So I created the log in and I just bang em out whenever.

It does take forever tho. Not sure how people managed that during the US GS promo.

MM
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would actually like to get a stamp made from Vista Print.

Emiles offers have in the past had Vista Print as one of their 5 or XX miles offers. I have always just gone for the 5 insta miles and deleted it.

Now I am sittin round waiting on them to come back and they have not. I went into offers I have viewed but every one that's more than a month ago is no longer clickable. This may mean I cannot really get anything from it.

Any thoughts on what to do, or should I just bag it and get the stamp without waiting for emiles? (Only to have the offer pop up after I buy lol)
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Are you a member of mypoints.com? Mypoints just made an offer that I myself ordered graduation invites from Vista print for some extra mypoints. I just got it last night. Mypoints gives points that can be transferred to United for clicking thru offers and taking surveys. We average about 5000 miles per year per person. I know that this isn't big miles for you, but miles is miles.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I would actually like to get a stamp made from Vista Print.

Emiles offers have in the past had Vista Print as one of their 5 or XX miles offers. I have always just gone for the 5 insta miles and deleted it.

Now I am sittin round waiting on them to come back and they have not. I went into offers I have viewed but every one that's more than a month ago is no longer clickable. This may mean I cannot really get anything from it.

Any thoughts on what to do, or should I just bag it and get the stamp without waiting for emiles? (Only to have the offer pop up after I buy lol)
Vista Print is also a participant in the airline malls - although that likely means dealing with...the company that must not be named.

FTF
Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by balima
Are you a member of mypoints.com? Mypoints just made an offer that I myself ordered graduation invites from Vista print for some extra mypoints. I just got it last night. Mypoints gives points that can be transferred to United for clicking thru offers and taking surveys. We average about 5000 miles per year per person. I know that this isn't big miles for you, but miles is miles.
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Vista Print is also a participant in the airline malls - although that likely means dealing with...the company that must not be named.

FTF
Yes mypoints is good and I do use them, thanks. And yes, every mile counts big or small lol

As for the airline malls, I will never use those because they are cartera or freecause, and we all know both can really stink for accurate posting so I am never using them again. (But Chase UR does work!)

My specific reason for wanting Vista on e-miles is because...

A friend gave me access to his US acct in which he has 59,500 miles. I signed him up for emiles and have about 200 in there now. I need something from Vista and I know they have had offers. I figured whatever it offers will bring me closer to 500 for him. He can still get there slowly with the clicks and such, but since I happen to need this Vista product soon, I figured this was worth a shot. If too much time goes by I will probably do it thru mypoints though. This is no big deal breaker but you know...

Old Apr 12, 2012, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Every e-mail from MyPoints, I open, and if it does NOT offer 5 points (or something) for clicking through, I just don't click through!!! (Exceptions made for offers that I am actually interested in, of course. )

I still end up with enough points to redeem for a gift card every so often.

And with e-miles, similar strategy.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Every e-mail from MyPoints, I open, and if it does NOT offer 5 points (or something) for clicking through, I just don't click through!!! (Exceptions made for offers that I am actually interested in, of course. )

I still end up with enough points to redeem for a gift card every so often.

And with e-miles, similar strategy.
same here. Although with some I screw up and click anyway, and with the ones that make you sign in, I am never sure if that's the only time you get points.

I also tend to keep detailed records of PDFs or screen shots of EVERYTHING I do should I actually do one of the offers for greater than 5 points.

I have 4 e-miles accts going and have had miles pour in from the 2 older ones 2-3 times each, but yes things are slowing down so I want my friend's acct to grow quickly. And with mypoints I have over 15,000 points and will redeem for big GCs soon. I have done that before with a greater bal.
every mile counts and they do add up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.