Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-miles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2013, 2:08 pm
Suspended

I stopped doing them because I was nowhere near 500 to cash in. I am not sure what they are going to do, either zero out my account for me to start over with another partner or carry over what I have earned to a new partner. Hence, that is why I did not do any more invites.

If it is the former, then I am done with them, if the latter, they I will resume responding and will also be glad to be rid of the Skypesos. United would be my favored course.

In addition, since e-miles is owned by e-rewards, I would not be surprised to see Delta disappear from that entity, as well.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:02 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
Well, now that the new year is here, e-rewards is promising that by "mid-January" we will have new reward options (if you had a Delta account previously). Apparently our points are in limbo until then.
Yup, got nothing to do, and Mrs FTF has 725 points worth of nothing to do it with. Pretty irritated becuase most of the points came on 12/31 - after they stopped taking redemptions - from recurring charitable donations that other months have paid on 12/21 or so. Almost like they were holding them until we couldn't spend them.

We (this is Mrs FTF's account) are especially up the creek because her e-rewards invite and account came from e-miles, so she has no useful (airline) e-rewards redemption options except through e-miles. And now with Delta out, we don't know reliably if she'll have anything useful at all for those "rewards" either.

FTF
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
The new redemption chart just sucks..... 400 miles for a worthless $25 Restaurant.com gift card. Amazon gift cards at 600 miles per $10 card. I would have rather had the miles! It takes forever to get the miles, so at $10 a year, I don't think I will waste the time anymore. The 500 Delta miles were worth more in my mind!
JudyJFLA
Old Jan 24, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
And it used to be 500 e-miles for a $10 Amazon.com e-card; another "enhancement." tls
Old Jan 24, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
So it's a program called e-miles and I have no miles redemption options. Brilliant!
Old Jan 24, 2013, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
The new redemption chart just sucks..... 400 miles for a worthless $25 Restaurant.com gift card. Amazon gift cards at 600 miles per $10 card. I would have rather had the miles! It takes forever to get the miles, so at $10 a year, I don't think I will waste the time anymore. The 500 Delta miles were worth more in my mind!
JudyJFLA
I've got 300 miles and I'm not wasting the time to get to 400 for a restaurant.com gift card which is worthless. Maybe when everyone stops using their Emiles account they will add a worthwhile travel redemption partner.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by beachmouse
So it's a program called e-miles and I have no miles redemption options. Brilliant!
Somewhere I read that "soon" we will be able to redeem our e-miles for all their current miles/points program partners. I am waiting.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Mrs FTF, who is affected by this, received an e-mail that the travel options would be coming "in the spring," which is ridiculous as they plainly could offer them now - I've had them all for more years than I remember.

She's got a ton of miles awaiting redemption, because of course monthly donation miles that usually show up earlier in the month all were held back until 12/31 - one day too late to redeem.

I'm going to write on her behalf to try and find out more, but I'm not expecting a straight or honest answer.

FTF
Old Jan 31, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
How long does a deposit take? I requested a deposit to Uniited about a month ago, and they still show as pending on e-miles, and have not shown up in my United account yet.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Cool

Deposits during a calendar month show up in the first few days of the next calendar month. My January deposits just showed up today, so check your account. They should be there now.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:51 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Yep, it showed up! Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Hopefully the new options come in the early spring. I agree the $400 option is useless, and the Amazon options, while not useless, are overpriced. tls
Old Feb 12, 2013, 7:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
My 50 bonus miles for January posted late last week.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
JudyJFLA
So this is what people with US sponsored E-Miles have to look forward to? I hope I can get to 500 miles and cash out before they go away.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Tiki
So this is what people with US sponsored E-Miles have to look forward to? I hope I can get to 500 miles and cash out before they go away.
Actually, they'll probably just transfer you to the AA sponsored program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.