Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-miles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I just got emails to sign up with E-miles for Delta and Priority Club.

From the FAQs it looks like there are a few new partners since the last time I have visited the site.

You can earn e-Miles miles to be deposited into your frequent flyer or sponsor account with Delta Air Lines®, US Airways®, United®, AirTran Airways®, Hilton HHonors®, Priority Club® Rewards, Frontier Airlines, Alaska Airlines® or Amazon.com Gift Card*.

Priority Club gets about 1.5 PC Points for each e-mile.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Every e-mail from MyPoints, I open, and if it does NOT offer 5 points (or something) for clicking through, I just don't click through!!! (Exceptions made for offers that I am actually interested in, of course. )

I still end up with enough points to redeem for a gift card every so often.

And with e-miles, similar strategy.
You and me both. I was rather hoping that they would have gotten the picture by now, although I did like that Panera gift card for 500 points!

Originally Posted by ktremor
I just got emails to sign up with E-miles for Delta and Priority Club.

From the FAQs it looks like there are a few new partners since the last time I have visited the site.

You can earn e-Miles miles to be deposited into your frequent flyer or sponsor account with Delta Air Lines®, US Airways®, United®, AirTran Airways®, Hilton HHonors®, Priority Club® Rewards, Frontier Airlines, Alaska Airlines® or Amazon.com Gift Card*.

Priority Club gets about 1.5 PC Points for each e-mile.
I just got the PC invite. The bonuses didn't credit correctly, but it should offer me a nice boost for US Airways Grand Slam 2012.

Mike
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by mikeef
You and me both. I was rather hoping that they would have gotten the picture by now, although I did like that Panera gift card for 500 points!

I just got the PC invite. The bonuses didn't credit correctly, but it should offer me a nice boost for US Airways Grand Slam 2012.

Mike
I usually just click-thru as well. But I too liked the Panera gift card. One is just across the street from where I work and is a popular option for lunch. I am liking the points for restaurant gift cards which seem to be more popular of late. If I'm going to eat there anyway, might as well double dip on points. You know, once for the credit card and once for mypoints.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by balima
I usually just click-thru as well....

Click through as well? That is the opposite of what the quoted poster (and I) both said. Neither of us clicks through an e-mail unless there are some free bonus points (or a truly appealing deal) to be had.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf

Click through as well? That is the opposite of what the quoted poster (and I) both said. Neither of us clicks through an e-mail unless there are some free bonus points (or a truly appealing deal) to be had.
Just to make myself clear. That is what I was agreeing with. I click through those emails that offer 5 points for going to the web site or I only participate with offers that are very appealing. ie the $50 panera gift card for 300 points. Panera is a restaurant that I frequent often since it is right across the street from where I work. 300 points for something that I would normally purchase is appealing.

no confusion. Just agreement.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by balima
Just to make myself clear. That is what I was agreeing with. I click through those emails that offer 5 points for going to the web site or I only participate with offers that are very appealing. ie the $50 panera gift card for 300 points. Panera is a restaurant that I frequent often since it is right across the street from where I work. 300 points for something that I would normally purchase is appealing.

no confusion. Just agreement.
in mypoints, I get those panera GCs as well for 300 for my wife. She loves that place. It's like a little savings on something she does anyway. And the points do post!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: Hilton gold
Can you have more than 1 e miles account
Old Apr 27, 2012, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
in mypoints, I get those panera GCs as well for 300 for my wife. She loves that place. It's like a little savings on something she does anyway. And the points do post!
All of the sponsors that I could find were some airlines, hotels and Amazon.com GC, Can you please tell me how do you get those "Panera gift cards for 300" ? Thanks a lot.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by jim5518
Can you have more than 1 e miles account
Sure as long as they are different programs and they don't find out about it. Just use different emails for each one.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: Hilton gold
Originally Posted by samdori
Sure as long as they are different programs and they don't find out about it. Just use different emails for each one.
Thanks appreciate the answer.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fathickory
All of the sponsors that I could find were some airlines, hotels and Amazon.com GC, Can you please tell me how do you get those "Panera gift cards for 300" ? Thanks a lot.
These are from mypoints, not emiles. The 300 bonus points are for buying a $50 gift card through special emails that are sent occasionally.
Old May 3, 2012, 2:07 pm

Are there any sign up bonus available for emiles right now?
Old May 18, 2012, 4:49 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I got an email yesterday that Southwest is a new emiles partner.
Old May 22, 2012, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm just about at the breaking point with the obnoxious emails from eMiles about Groupon purchase.

eMiles - if you are reading this, Enough Already! Stop! Please!

Otherwise, it's time to close my account.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Do e-miles really expire?

I searched in this thread (and read the e-miles T&Cs), but I was wondering if anyone had e-miles removed from their accounts in accordance with their stated expiration policy and/or after another period of time (how long?)

This is what the T&Cs state:

Expiration of e-Miles Miles

a.e-Miles miles not deposited into the Member frequent flyer or sponsor account expire one (1) year from the quarter in which the e-Miles miles were earned. For example, e-Miles miles earned in January will expire in April of the following year if the e-Miles miles have not been deposited. e-Miles miles earned in calendar year 2006 will be considered and treated as 1st quarter 2007 earnings.
b.e-Miles miles will expire if a member does not reply to one (1) or more earning opportunities each month.
c.At e-Miles' sole discretion, e-Miles may choose to waive or defer enforcement of the expiration of Member's e-Miles miles.

I have over 500 e-miles that I was planning to deposit to USAirways during Grand Slam, but since it seems highly unlikely there will a a GS 2012, I was debating holding off on the redemption in case there is a GS or other promotion in 2013 (winter/spring). Since my last deposit was in Sep 2011, I think my e-miles would expire in Dec 2012 if I don't deposit them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.