FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - E-miles [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:15 am
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
both emiles and mypoints seem to get you to click thru a lot more to end up with a lot less of those 5 mile gains.

BUT it's still free and relatively easy to do so when you have a few mins in front of a computer and the slow gains do eventually add up. You cannot really go out there depending on them for anything but they do add up.

And mypoints HAS actually gotten really good at both crediting bigger point hits and following up on things should there ever be an issue.

(In fact those who know me best know that I almost like a company better who makes a mistake and can rectify it than one who claims to never make mistakes at all!)

I have begun to trust Mypoints with things like, say, getting the Panera GC for $50 and receiving 300 points. I did this twice and they are crediting.

I mean, I use Panera anyway so why not. They may have other deals but currently I am going for a redemption amount of MyPoints that requires a lot of points (I have redeemed in the past and that works out too) so i do need the extra pointage.

This is all about emiles though... but what I just said SEEMS to be true for emiles as well. At least for me.

I have an acct for my wife's Hilton and it's posted 2x and I'm half way thru getting to #3 (for 1000 HH points) and I have an acct for myself on DL (posted 2x and working slowly on #3) and my UA (slowly growing too).

My UA does concern me because while its sign up bonus did post (emiles 200 a month ago or so) I am now also wondering how they will do things with the new UA numbers! I guess I will find out cuz I dunno if it's worth emailing them and alerting the fact I also have that DL one in my same name.

So if people have suggestions on how to handle UA, do post those.

Finally, for emiles, I am using it to help bring a friend's US acct up to an even 60k miles which he said I could use in the future for a 60k flight I could take. He's got 59,956 US miles so why not, right? With emiles I already got him 175 miles and while it will take time, I can do the fast 5 pointers more easily then he can. So I created the log in and I just bang em out whenever.

It does take forever tho. Not sure how people managed that during the US GS promo.

MM