Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-miles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by thelostshark
Well, e-miles has just changed its redemption policy for UA miles in some positive aspects. You can now redeem in 250 mile increments, and the miles credit immediately. The new terms are below (and fyi, I just redeemed for 250 miles, and it worked perfectly):

"We've partnered with United MileagePlus to provide real-time processing of your mileage transfer requests. No more waiting 4 to 6 weeks for the miles to appear in your MileagePlus account.

From now until August 31, 2014, you may redeem your e-Miles miles for MileagePlus award miles in increments of 250 miles instead of 500 miles.

Win back any e-Miles miles that may have been expired due to inactivity by engaging with and earning miles on 5 or more offers before August 1, 2014."
+1

I also redeemed for 250 miles today and it posted immediately!
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I had 475 points as of June 30, so I paid $2 for a subscription to the Reader's Digest to have 500 to send over for the early-July sweep. To my pleasant surprise, they posted immediately ! I also got the same email today as Thelostshark did.
This is good news for Blueeagle3 who can now clean out his/her account of 750 miles instead of waiting to reach 1000, then start a new HHonors-earning account!

Last edited by Brendan; Jul 17, 2014 at 7:38 pm
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Recently received 3 points. My account statement says "received email" from Groupon. I'm pretty sure that "received" is all I did with it (ie, I believe I didn't click on it because if I'm remembering correctly, it didn't state that you'd receive points for doing so).

The thing is, unless I get another 3 point email sometime (or at least a 2 point email), then those 3 points will never be worth anything really, since I'll always need a 5 pointer to get me over the redemption limit. I guess there are worse things that could happen than getting 3 points for doing nothing, but I hope this is not a sign that our 5 point emails will start becoming 3 pointers. tls
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
+1 TLS! I too got 3 points for Groupon, although I don't remember doing anything. It's the first time I ever got something not in a 5-point increment, so you're right: it's pretty worthless & meaningless!
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Their shopping portal does have a few 2 or 3 points per dollar spent options.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
Recently received 3 points. My account statement says "received email" from Groupon. I'm pretty sure that "received" is all I did with it (ie, I believe I didn't click on it because if I'm remembering correctly, it didn't state that you'd receive points for doing so).
This explains why my total looked strange.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Their shopping portal does have a few 2 or 3 points per dollar spent options.
That's a good point, altho my e-miles participation has been strictly on a "no spend" basis. Guess we'll just have to wait and see if this repeats itself or not. tls
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Same here. But tonight it was deleted from my account. Easy come, easy go.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 8:07 am

Yep, the 3 points are gone from my account too. I guess that'l teach me to complain! tls
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: 1MM UA
Yep, the 3 points are gone...
Likewise
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:39 am

My 3 points disappeared a few days ago, too. Must have been an error--or a test--because I never did anything with a Groupon email!
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:09 am

Hmmm, can't log in to my account today. Says I'm either entering the wrong email address or password. But I'm not. Anyone else having this issue? tls

Update:
Hmm, well, it a couple hours later, and I'm now able to log in. Not sure what the problem was. tls

Last edited by thelostshark; Sep 10, 2014 at 10:16 am
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:50 am

Received an email a couple weeks ago saying the promotion was over, and you can no longer redeem 250 e-miles for 250 UA miles. Have to do 500 for 500. I don't recall it being a promotion when they first emailed me about it, although who knows. Not that big a deal, but 250 was nice while it lasted. tls
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Received an email a couple weeks ago saying the promotion was over, and you can no longer redeem 250 e-miles for 250 UA miles. Have to do 500 for 500. I don't recall it being a promotion when they first emailed me about it, although who knows. Not that big a deal, but 250 was nice while it lasted. tls
It was very nice indeed. Sad to see it go
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
I actually do remember them saying it was a promo, so I guess it was never promised as permanent. I was guessing, though, that they'd make it permanent and say something about "due to popular member demand" or some such. Guessed wrong!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.