Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-miles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bj2757
Same here. I checked the balance then kept track of the miles earned - and were confirmed on the site as having been earned. The next day less than half the points had posted and the points disappeared from the earned area.
That happened to me too. I am not doing any more surveys until I see if all those points post this week. I want to cash out for another Hilton award, then quit.

Edited to add: All the points posted early this evening even though they had disappeared. This is a strange system to track points!

Last edited by linsj; Nov 2, 2015 at 6:01 pm Reason: updated info
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:04 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Qualified for a survey. Clicked to go to it. Got this:

No such project exists, or the parameters passed are in-correct !!!

Such a fine outfit.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
It looks like e-miles has stopped giving out 5 miles when you don't qualify for a survey. It had always been hit or miss as to whether you'd get the 5 miles, but often I would. But 3 times today I got the screen that says "Bummer, this survey was not a match," which is normally followed by a statement saying you still got 5 miles. But today, each time the screen omitted the part about the 5 miles, and I true to the omission, my pending miles count did not go up by 5.

Bummer indeed. I'd gotten quite a few miles this way. tls
Old Nov 6, 2015, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thelostshark
It looks like e-miles has stopped giving out 5 miles when you don't qualify for a survey. It had always been hit or miss as to whether you'd get the 5 miles, but often I would. But 3 times today I got the screen that says "Bummer, this survey was not a match," which is normally followed by a statement saying you still got 5 miles. But today, each time the screen omitted the part about the 5 miles, and I true to the omission, my pending miles count did not go up by 5.

Bummer indeed. I'd gotten quite a few miles this way. tls
You are right, there is no more 5 miles for not qualified AFTER spending 20 min into the survey.

I am not doing any more survey now. It seems once you have a hiatus for some time, your chance of "qualified" and actually being awarded miles after investing 20 min into it, goes up dramatically. Else it is a bait and switch cheat.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 6, 2015 at 4:38 pm
Old Nov 7, 2015, 4:54 am

The Ipsos/Opinionsphere ones I avoid. Their surveys divert you to an unrelated survey that you don't get compensated for.

Otherwise, it seems hit or miss. Sometimes you can get 20-25 points for minimal effort.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IamHydro
The Ipsos/Opinionsphere ones I avoid. Their surveys divert you to an unrelated survey that you don't get compensated for.

Otherwise, it seems hit or miss. Sometimes you can get 20-25 points for minimal effort.
Thank you for the heads up.

There are also surveys require you to sign up with many personal data. Those should have warning on the first screen so people like me who dont want to give such information would not click those surveys. Very bad practice of the site.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by Happy
You are right, there is no more 5 miles for not qualified AFTER spending 20 min into the survey.

I am not doing any more survey now. It seems once you have a hiatus for some time, your chance of "qualified" and actually being awarded miles after investing 20 min into it, goes up dramatically. Else it is a bait and switch cheat.
I'm kind of in the same mind set. I didn't mind the constant run around on the surveys as long as they gave the 5 points - but now that they quit doing that all that's left is the run around...
Old Nov 8, 2015, 9:25 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
The continuing reports of e-miles' incompetence in many of the latest posts make me glad I did indeed submit a Better Business Bureau complaint. I just checked its status and e-miles has apparently failed to respond to three requests by the BBB for a response.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
I hadn't clicked on any of these surveys since my last post, but today I clicked on 3 surveys just because two of them said they took 2 minutes to complete and the other said 6 minutes. But it turns out after the initial screening they said it would take 15 or 25 minutes. Nice bait and switch (Peanuts does the same thing on Swagbucks). I just closed the surveys without proceeding. No more e-miles surveys for me. tls
Old Nov 10, 2015, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by thelostshark
I hadn't clicked on any of these surveys since my last post, but today I clicked on 3 surveys just because two of them said they took 2 minutes to complete and the other said 6 minutes. But it turns out after the initial screening they said it would take 15 or 25 minutes. Nice bait and switch (Peanuts does the same thing on Swagbucks). I just closed the surveys without proceeding. No more e-miles surveys for me. tls
No more e-miles for me either. Nine times out of ten when they ask for my age, I get kicked out. Apparently these survey companies don't want their results skewed by senior citizens like me. Their loss.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Yeah, the Peanut Labs bait and switch is also similar to Opinion Miles (United Airlines).

If you look at the "Transactions" section of emiles/Peanut Labs page and click on the ones that say "Credited Survey", a popup appears with some useful info including quantity of points, date, transaction ID. I've started taking screenshots of those (using Jing from TechSmith, free software from the makers of Snagit) to be able to check whether (eventually) they all post. Each popup also provides a way of reporting problems with posting.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:19 am

E-Miles Is Very Disappointing

Spent nearly 30 minutes trying to get even five points through Peanut Labs this morning and received nothing. In the beginning, I was able to get quite a few points each day but this has become a waste of time. If they want my business they will have to do better than this.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:03 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

I click one or two a day tops, and am able to complete them about 70% of the time.

Even when they say twenty minutes, I seem to be able to burn through them in five to seven minutes.

So far I have earned about 900 miles this month through it. My 500 mile transfer did go through ok after a week.

Not as good as erewards, for sure.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flyingmama
No more e-miles for me either. Nine times out of ten when they ask for my age, I get kicked out. Apparently these survey companies don't want their results skewed by senior citizens like me. Their loss.
got kicked out after 15 min when answered 0 children in household on a grocery shopping survey.

They got lots of info on shopping habits among several well-known chains already.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 11:03 am

Hum.

The e-miles® website is currently unavailable.

We are making enhancements to the site to enrich
your member experience.

Please check back with us later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.