Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2013, 6:03 pm
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
FWIW - it seems that completed surveys now are pending for 7 days:

Clickthru 06-06-13 MyPoints SurveyMail
Earn 06-06-13 MyPoints SurveyMail Qualifier +50 points pending until June 14, 2013
Old Jun 6, 2013, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Justin Does...

Earn 06-06-13 MyPoints SurveyMail Qualifier +50 points pending until June 14, 2013
Well that is an improvement, they were always 30 days before.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by dioxide45
Well that is an improvement, they were always 30 days before.
Maybe it's a fluke (I hope not)!
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Wonder if the decrease in time also includes the 10 points you get when not qualifying?

7 days would certainly be much better than 30, altho back in the day, I think it was 60 ... tls
Old Jun 8, 2013, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, AS
Originally Posted by thelostshark
Wonder if the decrease in time also includes the 10 points you get when not qualifying?
Yes.
I just 'non-qualified', 10 points are pending for just a week.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 10:28 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN

Bout time. Now I can get my UA miles faster.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:51 am

Is it me or is the "Gold Membership" totally been gutted/discontinued? They haven't done anything with it since the end of March.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by Travlynn
Yes.
I just 'non-qualified', 10 points are pending for just a week.
Well, this is an improvement, altho I'm not really sure why these need to pending at all.

I see they did not make it retroactive, such that non-qualifiers that were pending before the change are still pending for 30 days. tls
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:12 pm
uxb

Is it me or is the "Gold Membership" totally been gutted/discontinued? They haven't done anything with it since the end of March.
For me, they haven't done anything since December, and I have spent tonnes through links on the site. A big w/e, I say. It was almost as lame a programme as Expedia Rewards. On a side note, I've finally jumped on the Ebates bandwagon, and like it so far. I may just shift all of my shopping there.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by uxb
For me, they haven't done anything since December, and I have spent tonnes through links on the site. A big w/e, I say. It was almost as lame a programme as Expedia Rewards. On a side note, I've finally jumped on the Ebates bandwagon, and like it so far. I may just shift all of my shopping there.
I really like ebates, MrRebates, and Ultimate Rewards. Much better customer service than MyPoints BY FAR.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 7:42 am
uxb

I really like ebates, MrRebates, and Ultimate Rewards. Much better customer service than MyPoints BY FAR.
Amazingly, I have no problem w/ the MyPoints CS. It's improved leaps and bounds from when I started using the service many years ago.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by uxb
Amazingly, I have no problem w/ the MyPoints CS. It's improved leaps and bounds from when I started using the service many years ago.
While I agree that it has improved, I find it also frustrating. I'm convinced an actual person doesn't even review your message. 90% of the time I get blanket responses that appear they did not even read my question or concern. 10% of the time my problem is resolved without any followup.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 1:12 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thelostshark
Marriott GC's are back, at least for $50 & $75. None for $100 in my account. But I'd think they'd be back too in semi-short order.

I take it from your post that you ordered more than one GC at a time? It never occurred to me to do that. Seems like a good idea, altho the way I accumlate points (slowly), I guess the risk is that they'd increase the points required for a GC yet again ... tls
The $100 Marriott's are back as well. Thanks for the update. I was hoping for Hyatt to return first, but I may just bite the bullet on Marriott and stay at the Waikiki Marriott instead of the Hyatt Waikiki which I much prefer. Can't beat a free stay that earns points regardless of the chain.

I once ordered 2 gift cards and they were lost in the mail. It took forever for it to get resolved. I heard from somewhere (don't know where now) that if you order $400 or more they send them with tracking. I don't know if that's true or not, but I think since I'm there I may as well try. I kept waiting on Hyatt $100 cards to come back and they never did. That's why I was hoarding my points. If I earned slowly, I'd earn and burn too.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 9:51 am
uxb

While I agree that it has improved, I find it also frustrating. I'm convinced an actual person doesn't even review your message. 90% of the time I get blanket responses that appear they did not even read my question or concern. 10% of the time my problem is resolved without any followup.
My interactions are ALWAYS for the SPG brands that participate on the website. I have no problem submitting the confirmation page for credit though.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by uxb
My interactions are ALWAYS for the SPG brands that participate on the website. I have no problem submitting the confirmation page for credit though.
Funny National Car Rental **NEVER** posts unless I email 30 days later...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.