Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
I heard from somewhere (don't know where now) that if you order $400 or more they send them with tracking. I don't know if that's true or not, but I think since I'm there I may as well try. I kept waiting on Hyatt $100 cards to come back and they never did.
I can't confirm the $400 mark is the amount that they will send some form of tracking, but I redeemed for about $700 in Marriott GC's in February 2013, and some arrived in a FedEx package [with tracking] others came via USPS with no tracking.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 6:02 am
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
MyPoints no longer seems to be crediting your account if you have survey troubles and you send them a message. Here's been the last couple messages I've received from them:

Thank you for contacting MyPoints Member Services.

We are sorry for any inconvenience. Unfortunately we are unable to manually credit points for this MyPoints Surveymail as you have not completed the survey. If you have completed the survey, we request you to provide the screenshot of the page which shows that you have qualified or not qualified for the survey.

We look forward to helping you with this matter and thank you for patience.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 6:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Justin Does...
MyPoints no longer seems to be crediting your account if you have survey troubles and you send them a message. Here's been the last couple messages I've received from them:
I guess then everyone should take screenshots when they don't qualify...
Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:03 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
All Hyatt has been gone for at least 2 months. Do you think it's a safe assumption that Hyatt is no longer an option? If that seems true, I will just go with the Marriott cards I suppose.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:15 pm

new mypoints promo with kiwi shoe polish, just bought two tins of polish for 2.96 each at walmart and got 1000 points. They now have it set up so you can text a picture of receipt, look for an email with your code in it, I got verification that points would be awarded within 7 days. Took all of 5 minutes this time, so much easier than the faxing!

edited to add: points already posted, 15 minutes from start to finish.

Last edited by midcitybeth; Jun 28, 2013 at 1:27 pm
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by midcitybeth
new mypoints promo with kiwi shoe polish, just bought two tins of polish for 2.96 each at walmart and got 1000 points. They now have it set up so you can text a picture of receipt, look for an email with your code in it, I got verification that points would be awarded within 7 days. Took all of 5 minutes this time, so much easier than the faxing!

edited to add: points already posted, 15 minutes from start to finish.
You're the best, I just went and dug the e-mails from my Deleted Items. If it wasn't for this thread, I would miss most of these.

Last edited by dioxide45; Jun 28, 2013 at 9:20 pm
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:38 am

Well I just tried to submit my receipt and they came back and told me that it doesn't appear that I purchased qualifying products. One item on the receipt is labeled "KIWI WHITEN", the other item "PARADE BLK". The latter being polish and the one I think they took issue with. I just e-mailed them back with a photo of the product that shows the item number from the receipt matching the UPC barcode. Will report what they come back with.

Update: Well, as expected, they came back again that the products were not qualifying. My guess is that they are using some kind of automated process to process these automatically perhaps with OCR vs. human intervention. Looks like I will return the items to Walmart and repurchase a different product.

Last edited by dioxide45; Jun 30, 2013 at 11:40 am
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:25 am

yep, it is definitely an OCR program, I just bought regular polish, so it read kiwi dk brwn
Old Jun 30, 2013, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by midcitybeth
yep, it is definitely an OCR program, I just bought regular polish, so it read kiwi dk brwn
Well I went back and returned my first purchase and bought new. This time the whitener and a regular polish (vs the gloss I had). Both items read "Kiwi" on the receipt. They accepted this just fine.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 10:56 am
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by kipper
I guess then everyone should take screenshots when they don't qualify...
This doesn't even seem to work. Here was the latest response from membercare:

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Kindly be informed that this survey was taken down early due to errors. To qualify with future surveys, please continue to watch your inbox; MyPoints is always working to link our members up with great opportunities to earn extra Points!

Thank you for your understanding.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Justin Does...
This doesn't even seem to work. Here was the latest response from membercare:
That's ridiculous!
Old Jul 3, 2013, 11:29 am

Please any one educate me on sending a receipt via text message. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks
Originally Posted by dioxide45
Well I just tried to submit my receipt and they came back and told me that it doesn't appear that I purchased qualifying products. One item on the receipt is labeled "KIWI WHITEN", the other item "PARADE BLK". The latter being polish and the one I think they took issue with. I just e-mailed them back with a photo of the product that shows the item number from the receipt matching the UPC barcode. Will report what they come back with.

Update: Well, as expected, they came back again that the products were not qualifying. My guess is that they are using some kind of automated process to process these automatically perhaps with OCR vs. human intervention. Looks like I will return the items to Walmart and repurchase a different product.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by samineni3
Please any one educate me on sending a receipt via text message. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks
I didn't send it via text message. I took a photo and e-mailed it to the e-mail address provided in the BonusMail. At the bottom of the bonus mail is instructions on how to send the text or e-mail with the phone number and e-mail address provided.

After sending the photo of the receipt via e-mail, I received an automated response askign for the 15 digit unique ID from the BonusMail. Just replied to the e-mail with that 15 digit code and voila.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
All Hyatt has been gone for at least 2 months. Do you think it's a safe assumption that Hyatt is no longer an option? If that seems true, I will just go with the Marriott cards I suppose.
Bummer - I've been saving points for our summer vacation at the Lake Tahoe Hyatt.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 8:01 pm

Kiwi Offer

Has anyone else not received points from the Kiwi offer? Sent my receipt via e-mail and then replied with the 15 digit code and received an e-mail that points would post within 7 days. That was 10 days ago.

Also received a second Kiwi offer, though this time with the requirement to fax or e-mail the receipt to Member Services.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.