Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2009, 6:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I hate to say it, but it may very well be that they are discontinuing the M - W double miles bonus.

The PC bonus is posted on the PC dining website and it states that this bonus is not combinable with any other PC bonus.

The "exception" language for M - W dines is nowhere in sight and this is unlike the still running AAdvantage and United bonuses that state that those bonuses cannot be combined with other promotional bonuses, but are combinable with the M - W double miles bonus.

Therefore, if the upcoming PC bonus were to include the M - W dine bonuses, it too, likely would have contained the language that this upcoming bonus could be combined with the M - W double points bonus. That it does not does not bode well for the survivability of that bonus for all the dining programs past 9/30/09.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Here's Alaska

from clicking the Bonus tab:

You've been selected to participate in a highly valuable bonus. Spend $150 at participating restaurants, bars and clubs during October and November, and you'll earn 1,500 bonus miles. You can reach that $150 over multiple visits, so it's incredibly easy to achieve.
Better yet, you can earn this bonus up to five times over those two months. That means you can earn as many as 7,500 bonus miles!
Consider this your written invitation.
1 Register for the Special Invitation Bonus.
2 Spend $150 during October and November, and you'll earn 1,500 bonus miles every time you do (up to 7,500)!
Old Oct 1, 2009, 3:53 pm

United is showing the following, although the "Register" link is not yet active.

Dates
October 1 through December 31, 2009 Earn 500 bonus miles for every $75 of dining with no limit for how many times you can earn it. Register today for the 25K Miles Challenge Bonus.

Learn more

Terms and conditions apply

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,50588,00.html
Old Oct 1, 2009, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
The USAir Grand Slam - not a RN promotion per se

Sort of a back door way to make one dine yield 1,000 Dividend Miles...

A Dividend Miles Dining by Rewards Network dine is a "hit" in their Grand Slam promo through 11/15:

http://www.usairways.com/awa/profile...promocode=GS09

Only one hit can be a Dividend Miles RN dine. Four "hits" with USAir or one of its partners yields 4,000 DM. (And then there's 8,000 miles at eight hits, and more at multiples of four.)

So, point your credit card toward DM Dining for any dine, and point three hotel stays (not capped) or some other USAir partner activity toward the promo. Voila. (Of course, there currently are other hotel-airline partner promos yielding more miles for other airlines.)

If the number of dining hits weren't capped, it would be THE FlyerTalk opportunity of the month. Master the possibilities.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 5:35 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Y’all made me look: per S.O.P., AA is bringing up the rear and hasn’t yet unrolled their Idine enticement.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thanks, Jailer. One time when it's nice to be behind the curve.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 8:27 am

Programs: AA, UA, HH, SPG
United Offer Changed?

Originally Posted by Cornroaster
United is showing the following, although the "Register" link is not yet active.

Dates
October 1 through December 31, 2009 Earn 500 bonus miles for every $75 of dining with no limit for how many times you can earn it. Register today for the 25K Miles Challenge Bonus.

Learn more

When I click on your link it only brings up an offer for new signups:

Dates: Now through December 31, 2009: Earn 750 bonus miles when you create an online profile and have just one $25 dine with the 750 Sign Up Bonus. Plus, you'll earn triple miles for every dine when you have an online profile.

Can anyone still see the original offer Cornroaster posted?
Old Oct 3, 2009, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
from clicking the Bonus tab:

You've been selected to participate in a highly valuable bonus. Spend $150 at participating restaurants, bars and clubs during October and November, and you'll earn 1,500 bonus miles. You can reach that $150 over multiple visits, so it's incredibly easy to achieve.
Better yet, you can earn this bonus up to five times over those two months. That means you can earn as many as 7,500 bonus miles!
Consider this your written invitation.
1 Register for the Special Invitation Bonus.
2 Spend $150 during October and November, and you'll earn 1,500 bonus miles every time you do (up to 7,500)!
It's targeted, and the details vary from person to person.

Mine is 750 bonus for each $75 accumulated spend, maximum 3,750 bonus miles. But same dates, and same promotion name.

FWIW, I'm Online status, and until yesterday (when I started dining under this bonus) I had only one AS Dining dine per year (just enough to keep my meager miles there alive). But since none of the other airlines I collect in (and put a priority on collecting in) have a bonus right now, I'm going after this one to build up my AS miles a bit. (I do fly AS, but while working towards AA 2MM and AA elite status each year, I credit all AS flights to AA.)
Old Oct 3, 2009, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by sdsearch
It's targeted, and the details vary from person to person.

Mine is 750 bonus for each $75 accumulated spend, maximum 3,750 bonus miles. But same dates, and same promotion name.

FWIW, I'm Online status, and until yesterday (when I started dining under this bonus) I had only one AS Dining dine per year (just enough to keep my meager miles there alive). But since none of the other airlines I collect in (and put a priority on collecting in) have a bonus right now, I'm going after this one to build up my AS miles a bit. (I do fly AS, but while working towards AA 2MM and AA elite status each year, I credit all AS flights to AA.)
Damn - $150 is pretty steep for me - I'd been hoping for a lower threshold! My only other option is 1000 PC points for $100, which is still steep, and I've long maxed out on attaining Platinum status for next year.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 11:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Damn - $150 is pretty steep for me - I'd been hoping for a lower threshold! My only other option is 1000 PC points for $100, which is still steep, and I've long maxed out on attaining Platinum status for next year.
If the miles/points bonuses are not attractive -- and they appear not to be --then for the $40 spend, a 10% cash back looks pretty enticing from where I sit.

However, IMHO, they have gutted the program, and for this puny return, there is no real incentive for me to scour the areas that I am or will be in for a participating restaurant.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you belong to only a couple programs, and keep using them, that's why you get the higher thesholds. I'm sure they gave me the lower threshold because they saw I hadn't dined in the Alaska program since February.

In the last quarter, when I got several promos, I noticed the same thing: The lowest threshold I got was in the program (of the ones that had a threshold-based promo last quarter) that I'd had the fewest dines it.

Any chance you can stock up on gift cards? (Those Daphne's, Baja Fresh, and La Salsa gift cards I accumlulated before those restaurant chains left are coming in real useful now that those chains don't particpate. And most of my Baja Fresh and La Salsa gift cards were accumulated during threshold promos.)
Old Oct 4, 2009, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gift certs really wouldn't work too well for me. I was thinking of signing up for Hilton's $25 min new member bonus, and perhaps do 11 dines there for 2010 "status".
Old Oct 4, 2009, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Cornroaster

Dates

Learn more

It was there when I posted it but appears that the promo was pulled.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:36 pm

Two from "United"

750 joining bonus* in their main website:

http://mpdining.rewardsnetwork.com/b...nal-_-MMP.10.0

1,000 joining bonus from the Chase Card M+ website (they are separate), their "Jet Setter Bonus":

http://mpdining.rewardsnetwork.com/b...ve.offers.4.09

...for one $25 dine. (Explicitly.)

Now, I think this is interesting. The latter one says, in its joining portal:

"As a Chase Mileage Plus® Visa® cardholder you are already enrolled in this FREE dining program and are earning 1 Mileage Plus mile for every dollar spent."
Oh, really? I've had a Chase M+ Visa and a Chase M+ MC for ages. I move them around for this game. I don't remember ever seeing the results of being automatically enrolled in the first place. I think the statement above is overstated. And I expect to get the 1,000 when I switch a card over from USAir Dining - now that I've earned their 1,000 the back door way - and spend $25. (...And the OpenTable 1,000 point bonus. ...And since this will make a pair of those, their $20 dining certificate. But I digress.)

* Sometimes these are so paltry, I feel like I'm playing that old "Made you look!" game, be it on the giving or receiving end.

Last edited by Firewind; Oct 16, 2009 at 11:42 pm
Old Oct 23, 2009, 4:37 pm

New Midwest Bonus for Nov-Dec

Take a break from decking the halls—and earn 250 bonus Midwest Miles each time you dine at participating restaurants, bars and clubs!
Through November and December, you can earn 250 bonus Midwest Miles for each dine of $25 or more. It's the time of year for treating visiting relatives to a meal, meeting old friends for a drink or just getting waited on—as a break from waiting in shopping lines! You'll be surprised at how quickly you can earn those 5,000 bonus Midwest Miles.
1 Register for the 5,000 Holiday Miles Bonus*
2 Earn 250 bonus Midwest Miles for each dine of $25 or more at a participating restaurant, bar or club—up to 5,000 bonus Midwest Miles total through 12/31/09

http://midwest.rewardsnetwork.com/bonus.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.