Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2010, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Can you explain how this ti can be beneficial? I am participating in 2 different programs and have different credit cards enrolled in each individual program.
2 isn't that much more than 1.

Let's see, I particpate in AA, UA, DL, AS, and PC. And I used to also participate in NW (but now that's merged into DL). (And originally I also participated in BA, but I think that may have stopped before I joined up with AS.)

Then, on the other hand, I have cards that I don't like to use for dining. One I used only for gas/grocery/drug because I get 4+ UA miles that way, but it complicates my "accounting" to have non-GGD purchase on that card, so I only use it as a UA backup (in case the restaurant has problems with my UA primary). Then my Diners I don't tend to use, because RN has problems taking aco.... statements from Diners given that Diners has two account numbers on the statement and the more prominent one is not the card number, and so Diners tends to reject that.

Then I have a Discover card, which during a quarter (typically Oct-Dec) where they give 5% for restaurants, I want to move it to whichever of these programs has the best (often meaning only) bonus that month.

All this makes it tough to always leave one current card active in every program. (And if you delete the last card from the program, they make the account inactive, so among other things you'll stop being invited to promos!)

So much simpler to leave cancelled or otherwise outdated cards in there just to keep every account with at least one card all the time, no matter how much I may want to move some of my other cards around.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by sdsearch
And if you delete the last card from the program, they make the account inactive, so among other things you'll stop being invited to promos!
I didn't think it's possible for the diner (end user) to remove the last card - doesn't that require a call to RN for them to do so, and close the account?
Old Feb 6, 2010, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I didn't think it's possible for the diner (end user) to remove the last card - doesn't that require a call to RN for them to do so, and close the account?
Hm, I'm not sure, could be. The only case where I ended with that so far was in the NW/DL merger, where they moved all my cards around (a couple times) in all that confusion. My login A account was closed as they moved the cards to my login B account, then when I complained that they hadn't merged my elite status they simply moved cards to my login A account.... which closed the login B account.

At any rate, sometimes I want to remove the last current card without closing the account, in which case the trick of being able to use an expired card is useful (and that's where all this discussion started).
Old Feb 7, 2010, 7:52 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
anybody receive Delta 50% holiday bonus?

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
In addition to the promotion listed in the preceding post, Delta is running a SkyMiles partner prmotion during the holiday season and SkyMiles Dining is listed as one of the participants.

The link for the promotion is here:

https://www.delta.com/marketing/holidaybonus/index.jsp

I don't believe this is a targeted promotion so this could prove to be a nice bonanaza of miles this holiday season.

It would appear that if you have yet to paricipate in both promotions (unlike myself who already has racked up $200 in charges), one could earn 17.5 miles per $1.00 for your first $500 in charges, if you were to dine at restaurants that normally offer 5 miles per $1.00 charge.

Happy dining!
Anybody receive the 50% bonus yet (holiday bonus). I received the 500 miles per $50 spend, but not 50% bonus yet. I did register for the holidaybonus.

Thanks.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I had a small (unknown?) DL bonus post in early January - not sure whether it was related to this or not? I thought it would sweep weeks later, but ... who knows with these things?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 6:34 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by milomaniac
Anybody receive the 50% bonus yet (holiday bonus). I received the 500 miles per $50 spend, but not 50% bonus yet. I did register for the holidaybonus.

Thanks.
The 50% Holiday Bonus (which involved a variety of Delta partners, not just Rewards Network) ended on January 15. The T&C indicates miles will be posted 4-6 weeks after the end of the promotion, so we probably have another 1-3 weeks before seeing any miles.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by bob12403
The 50% Holiday Bonus (which involved a variety of Delta partners, not just Rewards Network) ended on January 15. The T&C indicates miles will be posted 4-6 weeks after the end of the promotion, so we probably have another 1-3 weeks before seeing any miles.
Thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by dstan
http://usairways.rewardsnetwork.com/...NYC.Bonus.S177

Earn 1,000 bonus miles when you spend $25 in February

Advance registration is required.

Dining in a city that never sleeps means more time to earn bonus Dividend Miles.

Whether you're walking down the street with a slice in your hand or toasting the city from a swanky restaurant, you're a New Yorker, and you know great dining.

How'd you like 1,000 bonus miles to go with it?

Just spend $25 at a participating dining spot during the month of February, and those 1,000 bonus miles are yours. February is the perfect time to take a big bite out of the Big Apple.

1 Register for the Fab Feb in the Big Apple Bonus*.
2 Spend $25 or more from February 1 through 28 to earn 1,000 bonus miles.

*Terms & conditions apply. This bonus offer is by invitation only for existing Dividend Miles Dining Online and VIP Members and new Dividend Miles Dining members who join and create an online profile. To qualify, you must register for the Fab Feb in NYC onus through the links on this page and remain opted in to receive emails from Dividend Miles Dining with a valid, deliverable email address. You must continue to satisfy Online or VIP Member level criteria to earn this bonus.

To earn this bonus, you must spend at least $25 (including tax and tip) at one time at a participating restaurant, bar or club in New York, NY by 2/28/2010. Please note that activity that occurred prior to registration will not be eligible for this bonus. In addition, all dining must occur during the valid reward period and be paid for with a credit or debit card registered in Dividend Miles Dining. A maximum of 1,000 miles may be earned with this bonus. This offer is not combinable with other Dividend Miles Dining bonuses. Please allow 4 - 6 weeks from 2/28/2010 for any bonus miles to post to your Dividend Miles Dining account. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by 4/30/2010.

Please note that some restaurants offer rewards only on certain days of the week or up to a maximum spending amount per month. For complete program terms and conditions, guidelines and restrictions, and the latest rewards calendar, visit usairways.rewardsnetwork.com. Other limitations may apply.
I just wanted to inform everyone that in order to receive the 1000 miles you do not have to dine in Manhattan. I just received an Email from RN stating I earned the 1000 miles as part of this promo for a dine that did not take place in NYC. It was out on Long Island.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Open Jaw
I just wanted to inform everyone that in order to receive the 1000 miles you do not have to dine in Manhattan. I just received an Email from RN stating I earned the 1000 miles as part of this promo for a dine that did not take place in NYC. It was out on Long Island.
I received a similar offer, but for D.C. Actually, it indicated that I lived in DC when I actually live closer to Baltimore. I e-mailed RN to see if the DC burbs (that come up when searching for DC restaurants) would garner me the bonus or if it was only the DC proper... Never got a response (though a previous post re:NYC seems to clarify burbs probably okay). Would also like to know if it would work where I actually live, in the Baltimore area.

Anyone have any insight into this? Is the cited city even truly tracked or is it simply (secretly) just a general bonus for $25 spend? I'd call RN to ask, but that'd do me about as much good as pretending to call if it comes down to chasing up the bonus...
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by ttrltb
I received a similar offer, but for D.C. Actually, it indicated that I lived in DC when I actually live closer to Baltimore. I e-mailed RN to see if the DC burbs (that come up when searching for DC restaurants) would garner me the bonus or if it was only the DC proper... Never got a response (though a previous post re:NYC seems to clarify burbs probably okay). Would also like to know if it would work where I actually live, in the Baltimore area.
Could you post the link for DC offer? I am visiting DC this weekend and will be dining out mostly. If am successfully in registering with the link, I can perhaps dine in participating restaurants.

Thanks.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:50 pm

These links are apparently targeted so I don't know if it'll work, but...good luck! Offer ends at EOM.

Earn bonus Dividend Miles for satisfying your monumental hunger! Just spend $25 at a participating dining spot during the month of February and you’ll get 1,000 bonus miles.

Here’s how:
Register for the Fab Feb in DC bonus
•Dine now through February 28
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:07 pm

These links are apparently targeted so I don't know if it'll work, but...good luck! Offer ends at EOM.

Earn bonus Dividend Miles for satisfying your monumental hunger! Just spend $25 at a participating dining spot during the month of February and you’ll get 1,000 bonus miles.

Here’s how:
Thanks. I could register for the bonus.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN

Here’s how:
The link worked for me. I doubt, however, I will be able to get to DC before the 28 of Feb.

Also, after I clicked on the above link, I noticed that US is having a promo from March 1 to June 30, 2010. "All Double, No Trouble" gives you double miles for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday dines. You must also do the surveys. You do not have to register.

EDIT: THE PROMO IS ALSO FOR AA AND DL. FOR OTHER PROGRAMS PLEASE CHECK THEIR WEBSITES.

Last edited by Open Jaw; Feb 24, 2010 at 10:25 pm
Old Feb 24, 2010, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AS and PC are also in on the M, T, W double miles.

Looks like after Jan and Feb with zilch, 2x for 3 days/week is it for the rest of the first half of the year.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:00 am
Company Representative - Rewards Network

Hi there,
I'm glad you've heard about the All Double, No Trouble bonus! We're really excited about this one. It runs March 1 through June 30, and it's extra easy because there's no registration.

Just dine on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday and complete your review of your experience within 30 days. Bam! Double miles (or points!). Check your dining program's website for additional details.

The following dining programs are participating in this special bonus:

Alaska
American
Delta
Midwest
USAirways
United
Hilton HHonors
Priority Club
Best Buy
RBC

Happy (double) dining!

Elizabeth, on behalf or Rewards Network

http://facebook.com/DiningWithBenefits
http://twitter.com/iDine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.