Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Best Price guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: ba
Well, high value customers also use the BRG and fail it seems. I am looking to book 2 rooms for weeks at a Radisson property. The Radisson rate is 175 use vs 115 usd a night with a third party. Their cancellation policies differ by ONE HOUR! My BRG claim has been denied and I am now faced with booking cheaper third party and saving myself over 1650 usd, BUT not being able to use Gold status and not getting over 100k in gold points or spending significantly more for the privilege of being a Club Carlson member.

Surely that's not right? I fail to see how Radisson is acting in their or their members' interest by refusing to honour cheaper rates on mere technicalities.

Last edited by mbudjon; Jan 23, 2014 at 3:16 pm
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mbudjon
My BRG claim has been denied and I am now faced with booking cheaper third party and saving myself over 1650 usd, BUT not being able to use Gold status and not getting over 100k in gold points or spending significantly more for the privilege of being a Club Carlson member.
You still have the third option, book somewhere else...
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by mbudjon
Well, high value customers also use the BRG and fail it seems. I am looking to book 2 rooms for weeks at a Radisson property. The Radisson rate is 175 use vs 115 usd a night with a third party. Their cancellation policies differ by ONE HOUR! My BRG claim has been denied and I am now faced with booking cheaper third party and saving myself over 1650 usd, BUT not being able to use Gold status and not getting over 100k in gold points or spending significantly more for the privilege of being a Club Carlson member.

Surely that's not right? I fail to see how Radisson is acting in their or their members' interest by refusing to honour cheaper rates on mere technicalities.
Always worth emailing the hotel and asking them to price match. I've had this work several times.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:52 am

Just received the confirmation from customer service. New price EUR 155.59 instead of EUR 280.00.

Good deal
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: Kettle Class
I just had a BRG claim for a night at the Radisson Sea-Tac denied because hotels.com cancellation policy imposed a 4pm deadline as opposed to Radisson's 6pm deadline; mildly frustrating, BUT right after the claim was declined I saw the "Best Flexible" advertised rate on clubcarlson.com had been adjusted to match the lower rate I had originally found on hotels.com.

For the folks who are getting their BRG claims declined, you may want to keep an eye on whether the "official" rate decreases to whatever lower rate you found on the OTA.

Not ideal, obviously, but takes away some of the annoyance at Club Carlson's BRG practices.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Guys, I've a question:

if i apply a discount code (e.g. expedia 10% off), does this rate qualify for the BRG program?

shall i claim for the lowest price obtained with the coupon or not?

thanks
Old Jan 29, 2014, 4:14 am

You can try - doesn't cost you anything. Anyway I don't think it'll work out as the BRG agents just check the offical published rates - not including any discount codes or e.g. Credit card membership, some club, company rate etc offers.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by fassy
You can try - doesn't cost you anything. Anyway I don't think it'll work out as the BRG agents just check the offical published rates - not including any discount codes or e.g. Credit card membership, some club, company rate etc offers.
and what if I'm going to send them the screenshot of the reservation?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:30 am

Reading the T&C for the BRG I would say no chance

3. The Competing Rate must be available and bookable online by the general public in the local currency of the hotel. Rate disparities due to differences in currency exchange rates, fluctuations, or rounding, are not eligible for the guarantee. If the Competing Rate is no longer available to the public at the time the claim is reviewed by us, the Best Rates Guarantee will not apply, unless the guest provides us with satisfactory evidence of the Competing Rate.
9. The Best Rates Guarantee DOES NOT APPLY to the following:
  • Special 'member only' rates available to members of special programs or associations (i.e. AAA, senior and government employee discounts),
  • Special "exclusive offers" or "online coupons" offered by third party websites
  • Group rates,
  • Corporate rates,
  • Wholesale rates,
  • Affinity/association rates,
  • Package rates that include the room and other components such as meals, amenities and entertainment.
  • Rates found on opaque or auction sites where the hotel brand and/or the specific hotel is not known until booking is finalized. Examples of these types of sites include but are not limited to Priceline and Hotwire.
  • Any other unpublished or private rates,
  • Rates based on reservations made within 48 hours of the hotel arrival date.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
and what if I'm going to send them the screenshot of the reservation?
Screenshots are usually irrelevant. What matters is whether they can book it at the time they're analyzing the claim.

Generally, discount codes are not valid for claims.
The T&C specifically excludes rates based on
"Special "exclusive offers" or "online coupons" offered by third party websites "

(Forgot to hit post and ended up repeating the above in the interim. Whoops)
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
+1
They also rarely represent high-value customers, as many of those who are seeking out and using BRGs at Club Carlson properties have made clear they are doing the same for other chains.
I have to disagree with that. I don't know if I'm considered a high value customer exactly but I had about 25 stays last year. Not as many as some but many more than your average tourist. Out of all of those stays, I think I used BRG once. As a business traveler I don't bother, but if I am staying somewhere for pleasure I of course check. That doesn't mean you aren't high value, that means you are smart with your money and do your due diligence to get the best rate.

Look at it this way. Almost every car dealership says they have the lowest prices on their commercials. They say they won't be undersold. Would you go to the first place you heard that and buy a car? Or would you shop around? Just because you looked to make sure other dealerships didn't sell the same exact car for a cheaper price does not mean you are high value.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:17 am

After getting burned on a BRG with a prepaid booking I made (dumb mistake booking a prepaid on my part) I have combed all 26 pages of this thread and am seeing a reoccurring theme:

1. The most miniscule of differences will cause a claim to be denied.

2. Even if the difference is in your favor, you will be denied: booked a prepaid rate but your BRG allows cancellation? DENIED. Booked a rate without a free breakfast but BRG rate is cheaper and includes breakfast? DENIED I could list many more examples I have found here.

3. Despite small differences, sometimes your BRG will be approved, but usually not.

4. The reps who hold your fate in their hands are either unintelligent or are instructed to deny for any reason. I'm guessing a combination

5. Unlike other chains, like SPG and Hyatt, no CC reps even bother coming in here to answer questions and handle complaints. They truly don't care.

As for me, I am already a Gold member and just signed up for a club carlson card. I plan on doing my $2.5k minimum spend, using my points in Europe, converting the leftovers to miles, and switching my loyalty to SPG and Hyatt. I had a good run with Club Carlson and stayed at some amazing hotels in Europe with their points, but its time to move on.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 3:02 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Radisson Best Price guarantee

Well after my 4th denial I have replied to the BRG and sent an email into corporate asking what is the point in having a "best price guarantee" when that CLEARLY do not honor. I thought IHG was a stickler, but definitely the worst is Radisson, by a long shot. Not to mention the last two times I did not hear anything back in a week to two weeks I had to email them again asking them to review my BRG.

So frustrated with Radisson in this regards
Old Feb 15, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by helahela
Hi,
Has anyone any experience with this.

I'm looking at one of the Radisson properties in Europe.

The website says €115 cheapest rate as a hot deal
hotels.com gives me the same room for £77, which should equal to roughly 90 euros.

What I don't want to do is book the hotel with hot deal with a non negotiable price and then they tell me something about how there was something different about hotels.com booking.
We don't have enough info. Are the rooms exactly the same? Is a coupon code required for hotels.com? Is it also no cancellation on hotels.com? Do both rates include taxes? If it's a 24 hour sale or something on hotels.com, it will likely not be available by the time they review the claim.
It's always a gamble with a prepaid rate unfortunately and no one will be able to definitively tell you it will be honored.

Last edited by Adam1222; Feb 15, 2014 at 5:17 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:22 pm

A new trick

Rate on radisson.com is 120 euro. Rate on a competitor website is 66. Filled in a form and got a response within 12 hours, saying that the rate they found is 130 euro. Checked again and it's still there, 66 euro.

So now they don't have to find one-hour differences in cancelation policy, a different type of room or whatever, they can simply make up the rate they want. From experience I know that sending them screen shots is a waste of time.

Shuly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.