Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Best Price guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Well, the explanation was more complicated as I though first. They said, as the 1K and the 2Q room was not as the same price, and both were standard room, my "Double room" standard couldn't be consider as the same room. If the 1K and the 2Q were at the same price, it would have been ok
Even if I booked the 1K, which was the cheapest room, and he confirmed later that if I book the "Double room" on olotels, I will get a 1K City view (but the claim was still denied).

Another try on another hotel, Radisson Admiral Harbourfront in Toronto, I found a BRG at 99$ instead of 220$ on Radisson.com, same description this time.
BRG denied because, the third party website bills in euro. Even if the site quote in CAD, they found in the t&c that this is just for information and they actually bills in euro. A website with which I did many claim without any issue with SPG...

If CC cannot afford a fair BRG, maybe they could stop to give the additional 25% and be honest with their costumer...
You need to ring the hotel directly to ask them what their standard room is..a lot of hotels put their standard rooms avail on third party websites when they r not avail so they can get the rooms filled. They then would upgrade the guest to the room that is avail on radisson.com
Old Feb 18, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
A new claim rejected, because "you must sign up to join the site during the booking process" and then "the rates are not bookable online by the general public". Well I guess the general public are not able to enter his e-mail address during booking.
Always frustrating...
Old Feb 18, 2013, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Rusell
You need to ring the hotel directly to ask them what their standard room is..
The standard room is the King City view, it has been confirmed even by the BRG guy, and there is nothing below... They just said they cannot approve the claim because the king and the 2 queens are not at the same price on the site... Just ridiculous.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:51 am
Used to be highman123

Did I miss something? Since when did CC become the stingiest BRG around - they used to be fantastic.

They require the same currency for comparison - was that always the case?

And now they denied me on a flexible rate comparison where the cancellation terms are 22 hours off for a stay that is a month away from now. Is this normal with CC now?

Although we did find the rate you have mentioned, we have found the
cancellation policies are different.

Our cancellation policy states you can cancel by 4 PM (Hotel Time) on
the day of arrival, and there is no penalty.

The cancellation policy on www.kayak.com states: Free cancellation
before 6:00 pm local hotel time on Sat Mar 16 2013.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by highman123
Did I miss something? Since when did CC become the stingiest BRG around - they used to be fantastic.

They require the same currency for comparison - was that always the case?

And now they denied me on a flexible rate comparison where the cancellation terms are 22 hours off for a stay that is a month away from now. Is this normal with CC now?

Although we did find the rate you have mentioned, we have found the
cancellation policies are different.

Our cancellation policy states you can cancel by 4 PM (Hotel Time) on
the day of arrival, and there is no penalty.

The cancellation policy on www.kayak.com states: Free cancellation
before 6:00 pm local hotel time on Sat Mar 16 2013.
Normal I guess... Insulting for sure.

You have a valid claim if :
- room are described with exactly the same term (I imagine they would deny a "1K Citiview" against a "Standard Cityview King bed")
- cancellation deadline is exactly the same (maybe they will try to put a 6.03PM cancellation deadline on their website)
- same currency, even if the quotes are in different currency they will look into the t&c to be sure in which currency the 3rd party site will charge
- you don't have to register, because the "general public" is not able to enter a e-mail address and a password in the same page they do their reservation
- probably other loopholes I haven't imagined yet...
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:26 am
Used to be highman123

Normal I guess... Insulting for sure.

You have a valid claim if :
- room are described with exactly the same term (I imagine they would deny a "1K Citiview" against a "Standard Cityview King bed")
- cancellation deadline is exactly the same (maybe they will try to put a 6.03PM cancellation deadline on their website)
- same currency, even if the quotes are in different currency they will look into the t&c to be sure in which currency the 3rd party site will charge
- you don't have to register, because the "general public" is not able to enter a e-mail address and a password in the same page they do their reservation
- probably other loopholes I haven't imagined yet...
Thanks for the summary. I'm working on a blog entry about the Club Carlson BRG. It seems it's now nearly impossible to get one approved. Even Hilton.com has come around recently and seems painful bot doable. Too bad - CC was such a great new player last year.

Last edited by MightyTravels; Feb 19, 2013 at 11:32 am
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:33 am

Too bad - CC was such a great new player last year.
I hope we won't have to say that for their 2013 promos...
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:51 pm
Used to be highman123

And here is my how-to for filing a BRG with Club Carlson (Radisson/ Park Plaza).

http://www.tjacobi.com/13232755/how_..._brg_claim.php

I hope someone can make it work!

Last edited by MightyTravels; Feb 19, 2013 at 9:31 pm
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:16 pm

I hope someone can make it work!
You might want to make the link work first.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:32 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
You might want to make the link work first.
thanks mate - fixed.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:27 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Need advise. I have booked Radisson in London (2 standards for 8 nights each, flexible rate) only to find out an hour later there was a better deal (same rooms, same rate terms) on booking.com. To stay on a safe side I have booked the second offer as well and then filed my case with Radisson.
Two days later I got a response from Radisson Customer service denying my claim on the ground the rate I booked was no longer available from booking.com (surprising, huh?).
Shall I challenge them again (and I am happy to send them details of my standing booking at booking.com) or will that be just a waste of everyone's time and I shall simply cancel my direct booking and go with the cheaper option?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by luitje
Need advise. I have booked Radisson in London (2 standards for 8 nights each, flexible rate) only to find out an hour later there was a better deal (same rooms, same rate terms) on booking.com. To stay on a safe side I have booked the second offer as well and then filed my case with Radisson.
Two days later I got a response from Radisson Customer service denying my claim on the ground the rate I booked was no longer available from booking.com (surprising, huh?).
Shall I challenge them again (and I am happy to send them details of my standing booking at booking.com) or will that be just a waste of everyone's time and I shall simply cancel my direct booking and go with the cheaper option?
You can try to send evidence the rate was there... For the 20% off and the fact the reservation earn points, it worth a shot.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Duplicated. Apologies. Signal problem.

Last edited by Firewind; Apr 13, 2013 at 10:20 am
Old Apr 13, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
If you've got both confirmations showing the matching t&c, I think you've got them where you want them, and should definitely go for it. Nice homework. Please come back and let us know, though.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
You can try to send evidence the rate was there... For the 20% off and the fact the reservation earn points, it worth a shot.
I believe it's 25% not 20%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.