Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Best Price guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:50 am

Success! Thanks to the information on this thread and other bloggers who posted on the subject of Club Carlson BRG. Got a BRG accepted at Radisson FallsView, Ontario. Initially, I booked a 2-night stay for c$318 from Radisson. The BRG brought it down to c$162 for the stay. And yes to 'Stay One Night, Get One Night!' No need to do a mattress run on that offer.

I submitted my BRG 3 times! First, I got rejected due to the currency issues. I got rejected again because of currency issues. The second time was because the new site I quoted did not bill in c$ even though it had a currency converter listed and displayed room rates in c$. Finally, I found a Canadian booking site and got my BRG accepted.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
so I submitted a BRG for the Lord Plaza Baltimore

Booked on the site for $118 a night, getaroom had it via kayak for $98. I submitted, but kayak has since pulled the rate and getaroom is a crappy site.

I took a screenshot and included an imgur link in the comment. No idea if that will help. I have a feeling they will reject this though
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Question

I tried to use a Groupon sale with another chain and was rejected. The one reason: One has to be a "member". Though all one has to do is sign up, and the only substantive qualifier for the Groupon sale rate is that the credit card works. Which is the same no matter where one reserves. Equally open, seems to me.

OK, call this OT because it's not about Radisson, but to the pros here, have you ever used Groupon (or LivingSocial or others that do the flash sales)?

I am asking because I do believe I'm missing something that's probably right in front of me. But I do understand that one could use a Groupon anytime over a period, when the hotel's rate could vary, and the company wouldn't like that. But it seems to me that the BRG/BPG t&c are met.

And, OK, while I'm at it, to throw what I see as similar into the basket: Would the discounts in the Entertainment book be any different - and acceptable or unacceptable?

Last edited by Firewind; Oct 11, 2012 at 11:05 am
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Firewind
And, OK, while I'm at it, to throw what I see as similar into the basket: Would the discounts in the Entertainment book be any different - and acceptable or unacceptable?
Of course not, because you need to have a entertainment book in order to get the discount.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you, nacho. Because it constitutes "membership", book and card. I see that.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:22 pm

response came back for the BRG from getaroom.com ... they initially rejected because they couldn't find the hotel on the site.

To be honest, I couldn't either except from kayak. It is such a crappy site.

What I did was enter the following in google

"hotel name site:getaroom.com" and it gave me the direct URL for the hotel

Once I entered the dates, it updated with the appropriate prices

The BRG people asked to send them screen shots on every step of the process to book the room. I just did that

Booked another single in the same hotel and I took screen shots of everything and uploaded it to imgur.com and I sent them in the comments.

I think that may help the BRG process for some
Old Oct 13, 2012, 2:32 pm

Tried to BRG recently.
First one is Radisson, got approved after sending screen shot showing the price.
Second one is Country Inn & Suite. Denied even after sending the screen shot. They asked for a proof of that room being bookable.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 5:13 pm

Another BRG success! I got a BRG on Radisson SanFrancisco Airport Bay Front. Booked with Radisson.com for $126. Got the rate down to $83.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Unlike any other chain that I am aware of, the Radisson BRG does not have any time limit within which they are required to get back to you.

In addition, unlike any other chain that I am aware of, the Radisson BRG actually states that there is a $25 non-refundable fee once they have matched your BRG claim, although some have noted that the new reservation e-mail with their new rate that they have received from Radisson still states that a free cancelation does occur. YMMV.

Finally, some have posted elsewhere, that they have heard/read that a Radisson BRG rate is not valid for earning the bonus points that are given during the current promotion, as well, I guess, regular earned points and stay credit.

I do believe that the last time this promotion was aired, BRG claims did earn points and thus the bonus points, as well. But as I recall, there was no $25 cancel fee associated with matching a BRG when this promotion was last aired -- so, its anybody's guess whether such BRG claims actually incur a $25 cancel fee, as well as whether such new rate claims actually earn standard points from a stay, as well as the bonus points from this current promotion.

YMMV - Caveat Emptor!
Nowhere in their BRG T&C I see that there will be a $25 cancel fee, or that the booking will jump from cancellable to un-cancellable.

Last edited by 513263337; Oct 15, 2012 at 12:23 am
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:23 am

Submitted a BRG for Radisson Fallsview at Niagara Falls, Ontario. Will see what happens.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 3:17 pm

Data Point:

One BRG for Radisson in Baltimore went through and new rate confirmed, the other one is like playing phone tag. First they tell me they can't access the website, then they say the files I send them are too large (200 kb each), I even uploaded to imgur and sent a link, but they keep insisting I fax the screenshots over, which I have twice now.

I think they are just making time for the rate to disappear
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
Weddings and Filing More Than One Claim?

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if its OK to submit more than one claim from one household (address) for the same night or a different night in the same week? My family was headed to a wedding and I found a lower rate on Travelocity for something I had booked on Radisson.com; the next day my brother who had his own booking also found a lower rate on another site. My mom too. Is there anything in the TOC that precludes people from the same household address having a claim approved or not? Does anyone have any experience with this?

From an ethical point of view, I don't think it should matter as we are all adults with different accounts and our own separate lives but just asking as some chains do restrict households and time periods without much justification.

Thank you.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by ThunderStorm00
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if its OK to submit more than one claim from one household (address) for the same night or a different night in the same week? My family was headed to a wedding and I found a lower rate on Travelocity for something I had booked on Radisson.com; the next day my brother who had his own booking also found a lower rate on another site. My mom too. Is there anything in the TOC that precludes people from the same household address having a claim approved or not? Does anyone have any experience with this?

From an ethical point of view, I don't think it should matter as we are all adults with different accounts and our own separate lives but just asking as some chains do restrict households and time periods without much justification.

Thank you.
It shouldn't. I had a successful claim on a booking with two rooms. I don't see why separate reservations from the same household should be any different.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 4:37 pm

So the BRG keeps getting rejected because apparently getaroom.com is having some issues where the hotel shows up as unavailable for all dates.

I called the getaroom.com rep and he said he sees the rate and has no idea why the website doesn't show it.

I called the BRG number (800-967-9182) and actually spoke with the CSR that has been emailing back. She claims to have not received any faxes and couldn't come up with an excuse as to why they wouldn't accept the screen shots.

Bottom line, I refaxed all screen shots with date stamps, emailed her the fax confirmations, listed everything that was included, and even gave her the getaroom.com number and explanation as to why all dates show up as unavailable.

But, I'm not holding my breath..

EDIT:

BOTH BRGs successful!! took some time and getaroom.com is a crappy site that keeps going down and showing 'no vacancy' but we got it!

Last edited by stupidzbu; Oct 17, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:01 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Finally got confirmation of BRG for this Friday in Indianapolis for $25.81! My wife got Saturday for $43.39 because they were so slow in confirming the rate was gone. Still can't complain 2 nights for $69, we'll earn a little over 10,000 Gold points, and 2 free nights at any Radisson.
Now thats a deal I can live with. Just gotta figure out what to do in Indy for this weekend

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.