Search

New QRPC Improvements

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
What makes me laugh as I mentioned yesterday is just simple errors QR makes -

Qatar Airways Group Chief Commercial Officer, Mr. Simon Talling-Smith, said: “We take tremendous pride in exceeding our passengers’ expectations and this enhancement to our Privilege Club offering is yet another example of our promise to reward our loyal Platinum customers for their continued support.”

“This unique and exclusive benefit means that Platinum Privilege Club passengers travelling in either First and Business Class can experience five-star hospitality with Qatar Airways before they even step onto an aircraft.”

Even before this announcement any passenger traveling in first (platinum or not) would have had access to AS (and i know people may point out if you upgraded you wouldn't have had access to AS but I do not think he was even thinking of that scenario)
I bet that it wasn't an error. Not an uncommon way of marketing, I've seen it before. "Not only F pax as always, but now all premium cabin customers, both J and F, can visit AS!"

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
This entire statement is hilarious.
Geez, talk about glass half empty.
- It admits there is nothing five-star about the Qatar Airways ground experience when you are not in Al Safwa
No, that's not what it says at all. Your choice of words, "nothing five-star", while technically accurate, does not convey what's really going on here. It looks like cynical understatement from you. What it more likely means, however, is that AS is the best lounge, not that the others are bad.

- The only reason this is a 'unique' benefit is because most other airlines don't have such a fiendishly complicated lounge system that excludes frequent flyers from their lounges
Really? AA has a similar arrangement with its Admirals Clubs, -- status does not get you in. If you're not a paid member, admission is based on destination, cabin, status on other OW airlines, etc. Equally, if not more, complicated.
JC880 likes this.

Last edited by msm2000uk; Oct 17, 2019 at 12:09 am
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:50 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Upgrade Tickets & Redemptions

I reached out to QR to enquire about whether upgraded tickets would grant access.

The answer:
...For now, for technical reasons, it’s not yet opened to Platinum members on upgraded tickets, but the two guests can be on upgraded tickets. Full redemption tickets are good to go, though....

EDIT: Upgraded with miles means no Al Safwa. Upgraded with cash means Al Safwa

Evidently this will change, but for now the answer is clear.

Hope this helps.

M

Last edited by msm2000uk; Oct 17, 2019 at 2:32 am
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:56 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Geez, talk about glass half empty.
Come again? I think perhaps you have misunderstood my intentions, my post was largely on finding the press statement funny / poorly prepared, how that is 'glass half empty' I'm not sure. For God's sake, whoever wrote it doesn't even understand how to use the word 'either' in the English language (hint, not followed by 'and'!)

No, that's not what it says at all. Your choice of words, "nothing five-star", while technically accurate, does not convey what's really going on here. It looks like cynical understatement from you. What it more likely means, however, is that AS is the best lounge, not that the others are bad.
I don't think it's a controversial view that QR's ground services are not five-star, there have been many references here to QR management understanding this is the case and, indeed, several references on this forum to QR management working to address it in the future. My point was it was funny to see QR's press team themselves publicly imply that customers in Al Mourjan were not previously "experienc(ing) five-star hospitality with Qatar Airways" outside of the aircraft.

Really? AA has a similar arrangement with its Admirals Clubs, -- status does not get you in. If you're not a paid member, admission is based on destination, cabin, status on other OW airlines, etc. Equally, if not more, complicated.
I am aware that AA also doesn't allow access to its frequent flyers, hence the use of the word most to show that other examples exist in my statement which you seem to be ignoring.

I will leave it there as I don't seek to derail this thread further, but there's a lot more I could post here.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

I reached out to QR to enquire about whether upgraded tickets would grant access.

The answer:
...For now, for technical reasons, it’s not yet opened to Platinum members on upgraded tickets, but the two guests can be on upgraded tickets. Full redemption tickets are good to go, though....

Hope this helps.

M
So on an upgraded ticket, we still have to use the first class lounge until further notice?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
So on an upgraded ticket, we still have to use the first class lounge until further notice?
For now, yes - but this will likely soon be resolved.

M
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
For now, yes - but this will likely soon be resolved.

M
Thanks ,I appreciate the updates and the time you and others have spent addressing queries and concerns with QR.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:50 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
Originally Posted by solfi
The official press release just mentioning „traveling Business Class with Qatar Airways and Oneworld partner airlines...“

So not even when only flying QR.

Can be found here:
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...Press-releases

Qatar Airways' award-winning frequent flyer programme (FFP) Privilege Club, is delighted to announce that its platinum members can now access HIA's exclusive Al Safwa first class lounge while flying business class with up to two guest passes (bolding and underlining are mine) - I'm a little confused here. Are the guest passes the same as the lounge passes that credit to our account at renewal? Also, is 2 passes the cost for a member to access AS or cost per guest?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat

The answer:

Hope this helps.

M

Fingers crossed this is resolved by mid November.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by vbh812
Qatar Airways' award-winning frequent flyer programme (FFP) Privilege Club, is delighted to announce that its platinum members can now access HIA's exclusive Al Safwa first class lounge while flying business class with up to two guest passes (bolding and underlining are mine) - I'm a little confused here. Are the guest passes the same as the lounge passes that credit to our account at renewal? Also, is 2 passes the cost for a member to access AS or cost per guest?
In my opinion you can ignore the word "passes" and just "pass by" and enter Al Safwa ;-) if you are Platinum member travelling in Business class...
I am quite curious about the first feedback in this regard - let´s see when it will come.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum

The answer:

Hope this helps.

M
Sorry M, I’m still a bit confused, especially by what you mean by use miles to upgrade, no, but use cash to upgrade, you’re good. So as of now, if I, as a plat member, am on a Business ticket that’s been upgraded with miles or qcredits, I can’t use AS, but if I use cash to upgrade at check-in or its an award ticket, I can use AS? Or is that in reference guests, where guests who’s tickets have been upgraded with miles or qcredits aren’t allowed in but guests whose tickets have been upgraded with cash are? Sorry if I’m sounding like an idiot!
Old Oct 17, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: EY, TG basic levels ; QRPC platinum
msm2000uk thanks for any valuable information so far ... please go on keeping us up to date whenever you have a 'green light'
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: EY, TG basic levels ; QRPC platinum
I look forward to the El Safwa experience next Wednesday... flying in J to BKK ... became platinum in April
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fender5787
Sorry M, I’m still a bit confused, especially by what you mean by use miles to upgrade, no, but use cash to upgrade, you’re good. So as of now, if I, as a plat member, am on a Business ticket that’s been upgraded with miles or qcredits, I can’t use AS, but if I use cash to upgrade at check-in or its an award ticket, I can use AS? Or is that in reference guests, where guests who’s tickets have been upgraded with miles or qcredits aren’t allowed in but guests whose tickets have been upgraded with cash are? Sorry if I’m sounding like an idiot!
If the Platinum cardholder upgrades a fare using cash, then they can access the Al Safwa
If the Platinum cardholder upgrades a fare using QCredits, then they cannot access the Al Safwa
If the Platinum cardholder upgrades a fare using cash, but their guests have upgrades using QCredits, the whole group can access the Al Safwa

The above is my understanding, but if there are specific questions, I can reach out to Jake at QR, who has been answering the queries posted here already - communication is something he's very good at, hence his desire to improve it for all passengers.

M
toastedcafe and fender5787 like this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
If the Platinum cardholder upgrades a fare using cash, then they can access the Al Safwa
If the Platinum cardholder upgrades a fare using QCredits, then they cannot access the Al Safwa
If the Platinum cardholder upgrades a fare using cash, but their guests have upgrades using QCredits, the whole group can access the Al Safwa

The above is my understanding, but if there are specific questions, I can reach out to Jake at QR, who has been answering the queries posted here already - communication is something he's very good at, hence his desire to improve it for all passengers.

M
Awesome, totally get it now! Thanks again for all your insights and explanations on this!
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:28 pm

Absolutely no issues being admitted this evening. Staff all seemed well-aware of the new policy. And the lounge is hoppin’!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.