Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New QRPC Improvements

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2019, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
AS access for PLTs is great, IMO; although it will obviously have an adverse effect on sleeping room availability. I'm hoping that there's an adjustment to earn/burn ratio before the end of the year. With the prospect of AA following UA and going to a cash model, I'd be happy to switch back to QRPC starting on January 1.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 12:51 pm

I’m very happy about these improvements!

For me personally I hope the extra Qcredits can be useful as I fly ~80% in Y.
Hopefully I get to experience Al Safwa as well .

I dont feel like QR owe me anything and I didn’t have very high expectations for today so I’m grateful for any improvements they throw my way. Looking forward for the next step of changes in the program.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
As I'm now back to Gold, do I want to do the extra miles for going back Platinum with QR ? I think not.

The actual value of the miles it still a disaster (unless we really catch some x2 / x3 earning promotion).
+ the fact that high season is always = X2/no availability.

I remember the time with QR who offered x5 earning promotion in J, when award cost was 50-60% less and without $$$ surcharge for J class
NoY likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: SPG & Marriott Plat Privilege Club Plat
I for one is happy about these changes

I have J-class booked shortly with 2 stopovers, which I'm happy to access AS lounge.

Also I've always (since inception of Credits) managed to used them incl BOS-DOH, DOH-CPT. Sometimes I've thrown away a few QCredits, not a big issue for me.

Some of the moaning is a bit disappointing - access is given to AS lounge - now members are concerned they won't get a sleeping room.

Give them credit - these changes are good for Plat members

SF
Old Oct 15, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
You raise a fair point, yet plenty of people were willing to pay to access it, so no evidently complimentary access is going to be a positive step.
..Plenty of people?

Anecdotal evidence from these threads suggest one or two of our contributors ponied up: but most seemed put off by the absurd price.

But you are, of course, correct: comped entry is a positive step, albeit a cautious, virtually cost-free step.
mpkz likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 3:14 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
..Plenty of people?

Anecdotal evidence from these threads suggest one or two of our contributors ponied up: but most seemed put off by the absurd price.

But you are, of course, correct: comped entry is a positive step, albeit a cautious, virtually cost-free step.
The price was pretty low for a lengthy period of time, and many did take advantage (remember FT is only a small population of travellers).

Now that the price has risen, fewer passengers are paying for access, but the figures do not lie - pax are still paying for entry.

M
Old Oct 15, 2019, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
The price was pretty low for a lengthy period of time, and many did take advantage (remember FT is only a small population of travellers).

Now that the price has risen, fewer passengers are paying for access, but the figures do not lie - pax are still paying for entry.

M

What figures ?
NoY and mpkz like this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 3:25 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
What figures ?
Figures internally which show the number of pax who paid for access to the Al Safwa; figures I, quite obviously, cannot share here unfortunately.

M
Old Oct 15, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus
Figures internally which show the number of pax who paid for access to the Al Safwa; figures I, quite obviously, cannot share here unfortunately.

M
Thanks for sharing this update. I paid for access for 2 people a few days ago and weren't the only ones to do it, so I believe it.

My only questions are whether we get to bring in a guest (for example, QR Gold companion traveling on same flight in J) and if there is a 6hr limit or no limit with same day (<24hr) connection? Would also be curious if award/upgraded tickets make any difference.

Going to be there in 2-3 days so if there is any sort of documentation to reference that would be great as well. I expect the front end lounge staff may not be aware of this change for a little while.

Thanks again!
Old Oct 15, 2019, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by fender5787
So I’m happy that as a plat flying in J that I’ll get free AS access but I have a few questions/observations. First, is there going to be a set time limit (like there was for paid access)? Second, my email specifically says a QR plat can bring 2 additional guests that are also flying J into AS. Does this concern folks that now AS will go from super empty to quite crowded? Regardless, I’m pretty happy and excited with this change in general!
could you share a screenshot of the email you received?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 4:48 pm

What figures ?
Yep ... far too much nodding and winking, "but I'm not telling you" on this forum.

Interesting that the actual expose of the changes came from the standard monthly statement e-mail as reported by purple1addict rather than a major press release or other source.
NoY likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by becharted
could you share a screenshot of the email you received?

Here is the part detailing AS access.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by fender5787
Here is the part detailing AS access.
Much appreciated!
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: QR Plat
On your Point 1: You raise a fair point, yet plenty of people were willing to pay to access it, so no evidently complimentary access is going to be a positive step.

On your Point 2: Plenty of people use QCredits, but you perhaps don't. End of.

So much whinging, not just from you, but QR are clearly trying to improve things for their Privilege cardholders.

There will be further improvements to the program; these are just the first steps.

M
I'm sorry you see it as whinging. I'm sure I could put more effort into underlining why my position is what it is, but basically I have been more than my share of loyal to QR in as much as my travel is only in J and only long haul, and I've been sticking with them for around 15 years now, and the last 4-5 years (pretty much with the move to HIA) there are many things that have soured for many of those that travel frequently. The biggest three items, for a very large portion of the frequent flyers, is how customer service basically has been centralised to Doha and how that is clearly not working well beyond anything very routine, the massive screwup with axing earn/burn rations and devaluing miles wihtout a single heads up, and that the HIA airport still can't get basic wifi working and making it a crap work environment.

Between these three real issues that impact me in very real ways for what I spend money and time for I feel that I am not whinging when pointing out that these two steps are well short of fixing my gripes with this airline. As someone put it a lot better than me overnight: one of them is a good thing for those travelling in paid J, the other one is a good thing for those in Y. For me it's a nice addition, but at the end of the day I either have a short connection or if it's over three hour I go for a room in the transit hotel if I can.

I know there is a few users here that does seem to be fawning over sitting on access to internal resources in QR and that getting access to some non-commital meetings with staff is seen as being a huge step by QR to improve our lives, but I'm just at the point where I'm boiling it all down to: I'll have a look at what QR actually delivers on, and so far on the list of three big items that are broken with this airline it's the same as last week.

I have over the last 6 months found a lounge option that does rival both AS and AM on all points, turns out just making my own home a better place as made me appreciate a lot more using this option. The food is awesome, the menus rotate in a timely fasion, the occasional bottle of wine is of decent standard, I get to skip queues for showers as much as I want. I'm definately ramping up use of these facilities over the next 12 months. I have found management of this lounge to be very friendly, too. For 600 buckaroos I'll even have some of you in here over for tea.

Sorry for the ranty mail, as always, edit/delete as you see fit, but this was a thread to air views on these two small changes, and I don't have a problem standing up for my views. I'll still fly QR where it makes sense, and I'll keep flying others when that is convenient; QR has lost the "must" status here.

-A
NoY, msm2000uk and Alfredbali like this.

Last edited by ph-ndr; Oct 15, 2019 at 6:00 pm Reason: Reaaeadabilitee.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Guys, QRPC heard our suggestions and implemented some to them. They are starting to listen to us. Lets not scare them away ;-)
Free access to AS (even though only on a J ticket) is a great improvement .
meelosh and purple1addict like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.