Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New QRPC Improvements

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:17 am

I can confirm that even with cash upgrades QRPC are not allowed in Al Safwa. It was a email offer upgrade, not an airport upgrade.

So just to let all of you know, the previously mentioned information here in the thread " "Upgraded with miles means no Al Safwa. Upgraded with cash means Al Safwa" posted by the QR representative here is incorrect. As someone else pointed out, maybe (and like anything else qith QR, just maybe) this means if you pay the full fare difference you can access. However to me that is not an upgrade, but an upfare.

This is just an incredibly ridiculous policy, I had a ticket all with cash paid, and was directed to the incredibly subpar "First" Class Lounge, but if I has used miles to book the ticket outright I would be able to access, just does not make sense. Furthermore If I knew this would happen, I would never have accepted the cash upgrade, I would rather upgrade with my qcredits or qmiles.

the worst was that I had a 8:15 layover, and this ordeal made it impossible to get my complimentary room due to a layover over 8 hours, as at that point (after all the discussion with the lounges managers going back and forth to confirm info, etc) it was useless
NoY likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:49 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Silver Falcon
I'm also QPRC Plat ...
In December - my wife who was on a cash-upgrade WAS allowed as a guest - maybe because I was on a paid business.
The policy clearly says a platinum traveller in business can bring 2 guests.
What was not clear in the initial press release was that you need to be in paid business class. AFAIK, this is in line with how access has been determined before in regards to paid vs upgraded tickets (an upgrade to first did not give access to Al Safwa under old rules).
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by intuition
What was not clear in the initial press release was that you need to be in paid business class. AFAIK, this is in line with how access has been determined before in regards to paid vs upgraded tickets (an upgrade to first did not give access to Al Safwa under old rules).
same with upgraded tickets and access to AM! been through this several times: when on upgraded ticket u wont have access to premium lounges (AM and AS). dont like this rule either, but thats how it is!
Old Feb 9, 2020, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by intuition
As I recall, we were informed that, when the new policy was introduced, for "technical reasons" Plat upgrades to J were not - temporarily - allowed access to AS (see post 77 of this thread).

So it's frustrating - and misleading - to still be getting emails stating "As a Platinum member, you and 2 guests travelling in Business Class with Qatar Airways can access Al Safwa lounge." I suspect that this would get short shrift in countries with more developed consumer protection legislation than Qatar.
NoY likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 8:58 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by railways
As I recall, we were informed that, when the new policy was introduced, for "technical reasons" Plat upgrades to J were not - temporarily - allowed access to AS (see post 77 of this thread).
I vaguely remembering seeing such a post, yes. Now I've refreshed memory and looking back to post 77 that sounds like the closest to 'official' we can get on this board. Still, that was in October and so one starts to doubt there are going to include upgrades in the policy. It seems they have not yet made any changes. And when I passed by in January with a revenue F ticket, I was specifically asked if it was upgraded before being sent to Al Safwa lounge

Originally Posted by railways
So it's frustrating - and misleading - to still be getting emails stating "As a Platinum member, you and 2 guests travelling in Business Class with Qatar Airways can access Al Safwa lounge." I suspect that this would get short shrift in countries with more developed consumer protection legislation than Qatar.
I share that feeling about misleading and/or incomplete communication. But for the notion of it being any differently in countries with developed consumer protection I can tell you this: Finnair has for years and years and years sent out personalised 'before-your-trip' communication quoting your baggage allowance and they still can't get it right. You will be told one allowance in your ticket, another one in this 'before-your-trip' e-mail and a third one in the Finnair app. They all differ from each other...
Consumer protection clearly can't cope with poor communication skills and sloppy marketing.
NoY and railways like this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 5:32 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by toastedcafe
Is there a dedicated line for platinum members or any other way to contact QRPC rather than using email ?
I was looking for this as well but I believe there isn't a dedicated line for Plat members
What was your question regarding?

I've sent in 2 emails 7 + 14 days ago, asking about an extension of my current membership period in light of the current situation, but I have not gotten a reply yet

Perhaps @goingplacestogether can help?

Does anyone have any experience getting an extension with QR PC to renew & retain their current status?
Other airlines such as SQ & CX are currently reviewing & renewing / extending members' statuses

If I still don't get a reply this week, I'll have to call in ...
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:19 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by kaffir76
I was looking for this as well but I believe there isn't a dedicated line for Plat members
What was your question regarding?

I've sent in 2 emails 7 + 14 days ago, asking about an extension of my current membership period in light of the current situation, but I have not gotten a reply yet

Perhaps @goingplacestogether can help?

Does anyone have any experience getting an extension with QR PC to renew & retain their current status?
Other airlines such as SQ & CX are currently reviewing & renewing / extending members' statuses

If I still don't get a reply this week, I'll have to call in ...
we are all on rolling renewal dates. It would not make much sense to blanket everyone at the same time, especially so early in the outbreak. I would imagine a x2 QPoints offer to travel would be more realistic.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Copay cash+Qmiles released

Just got that option when making a dummy booking on the app. I was offered to save a maximum of $150 using 20,000 Qmiles on a $400 flight... No bad...
Old Jun 1, 2020, 7:18 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Award booking fee removed

From monthly statement email:

We're also making it easier for you to fly to those destinations using Qmiles, by removing booking fees when you book an Award Seat. Look out for more to come in June.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 7:36 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by kaffir76
Have you read the Covid-19: Free Status Renewal / Extension thread? Eligible members' status was extended. SQ, CX, etc. are all extending status based on certain criteria incl. when the original expiry of the status was. In my experience writing in asking for an exemption to their criteria will not help.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 3:31 am

Programs: QR PC
Who else received an email that QRPC is now doing away with their "per sector award fees" ?
Old Jun 6, 2020, 2:39 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by LebaneseInQatar
Who else received an email that QRPC is now doing away with their "per sector award fees" ?
Me
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 12:09 pm

Programs: QR PC
In stark contrast with the membership "enhancements" they slapped us with almost a year ago.

Really sameful that I had to refund some redemption tickets (for the entire family) that I had booked for March because of COVID-19 related travel restrictions, and they outright refused to refund said fees.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 11:56 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
It's entirely possible that current management has taken this long to collect the data to support undoing the great value massacre of a couple years ago.
Also possible that during this crisis they have more leverage. Regardless of how we got here, at least (at last) it's a real positive move, though it doesn't gain back the value that was lost on the redemption rates of course. Standard pattern that programs chop 90% and then get cheered when they restore 50%.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 11:58 am

Programs: LATAM PASS B.SignatureAIR EUROPA PLATINUM, AZ FAP CLUB, TK ELITE, AV DIAMOND, HILTON DIAMOND, GULF G
Hi there,

Is there any update in Al-Safwa complimentary access for Platinum members? Last week, I contacted Platinum Hotline in the U.S and the rep told me that regardless of the original booking class or upgrade system (i.e Y upgraded to J using Qcredits/Qmiles or cash promo upgrade during OLCI) if a Plat member is holding a Business Class boarding pass, he or she will receive complimentary access to Al Safwa.
mileageking and HOLYMOLEAIR like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.