Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New QRPC Improvements

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2019, 9:39 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
New QRPC Improvements

Well I did promise that 15th October would herald some improvements, and they have now gone live.

Al Safwa access
From 16th October, all Platinum cardholders will be able to access the Al Safwa Lounge, for free, aslong as they hold a Business Class ticket.

Bonus QCredits
All Platinum members who retain Platinum, will be awarded 10 Bonus QCredits for every 100 QPoints they earn, above 600 QPoints, within a 12 month period.

More to come, but currently on mobile.

M
Old Oct 15, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
So I’m happy that as a plat flying in J that I’ll get free AS access but I have a few questions/observations. First, is there going to be a set time limit (like there was for paid access)? Second, my email specifically says a QR plat can bring 2 additional guests that are also flying J into AS. Does this concern folks that now AS will go from super empty to quite crowded? Regardless, I’m pretty happy and excited with this change in general!
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Thats it and Easy Deals... (https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...Qcredits.html#)

What annoys me is the lack of attention to detail -

With immediate effect all Platinum members who retain their tier will be awarded 10 Bonus Qcredits for every multiple of 100 Qpoints earned above 600 Qpoints within a 12 month window.

The bonus Qcredits will be in addition to the 60 Qcredits received upon tier retention. The expiry date of the bonus Qcredits will be the same as tier expiry.

however to retain platinum you need 540 Qpoints and not 600 Qpoints...I do not get why they c@ck up such simple things!!
Old Oct 15, 2019, 9:48 am

TBH, I've slid from Platinum membership for three years, to gold (expires Jan 2020), meaning I will be Silver card in 2020....and have no plans to fly with them despite them being GREAT in the air.

My last redemption is JIB-AKL and for 110,000 in QSuites next month, it was a good way to burn the points.

I have a major issue with zero J rewards SYD/MEL/AKL-Doha for 99.8% of the dates I look at...and I'm very flexible!!
Old Oct 15, 2019, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Thats it and Easy Deals... (https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...Qcredits.html#)

however to retain platinum you need 540 Qpoints and not 600 Qpoints...I do not get why they c@ck up such simple things!!

Yes - sometimes more cities than those listed in Easy Deals are included! Found this for ADD earlier this year, and JIB recently (JIB I booked as it saved 10,000).
Old Oct 15, 2019, 9:56 am

Al Safwa access is good.

The bonus qcredits not really. They are already pretty much worthless if you book into J anyway, given the lack of F options. It sort of encourages people to spend less buying Y instead, but of course that's a revenue drop for QR, and quite the uncomfortable risk for the customer if no upgrades to J are available. So next year I expect I won't be able to use around 180 instead of just 60.

Something we could definitely use, rather than maybe use if the stars align, would have been better.

But thumbs up to the Al Safwa access. Thank you QR.
NoY, railways and Traveller999 like this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba

With immediate effect all Platinum members who retain their tier will be awarded 10 Bonus Qcredits for every multiple of 100 Qpoints earned above 600 Qpoints within a 12 month window.

The bonus Qcredits will be in addition to the 60 Qcredits received upon tier retention. The expiry date of the bonus Qcredits will be the same as tier expiry.

It's not really a cock up though, I suspect. You don't get the bonus for just renewing platinum, you get it for accruing 700 points or more. Makes some sense really, even though the reward has little redeemable value for many
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Personally, I'm pretty happy with this. I think these are two genuine improvements for Platinum members. Looking forward to lots of extra Qcredits (fingers crossed I'll find availability to spend them) and Al Safwa when flying paid J.

I would also like to see lounge access improved for Platinum members in Y and upgraded J (especially outstation access - I'm so sick of LHR SkyTeam / Plaza Premium!) but hopefully that will come with a future announcement.

Thumbs up from me ^
AbuCordoba likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
It's not really a cock up though, I suspect. You don't get the bonus for just renewing platinum, you get it for accruing 700 points or more. Makes some sense really, even though the reward has little redeemable value for many

But the wording is - With immediate effect all Platinum members who retain their tier

To do that you need to have 540 Qpoints...not 600 Qpoints, therefore at 640 Qpoints I should get 10 extra Qcredits and not at 700 Qpoints..as per the wording.

However I agree the reward has little meaning and that should be looked at more than giving more Qcredits out!
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by purple1addict
Personally, I'm pretty happy with this. I think these are two genuine improvements for Platinum members. Looking forward to lots of extra Qcredits (fingers crossed I'll find availability to spend them) and Al Safwa when flying paid J.

I would also like to see lounge access improved for Platinum members in Y and upgraded J (especially outstation access - I'm so sick of LHR SkyTeam / Plaza Premium!) but hopefully that will come with a future announcement.

Thumbs up from me ^

I do agree its a step in the right direction however still a way to go IMO....lounge access at LHR (apparently the other OW lounges are the way to go) also they mentioned in the Doha meet up that they are planning on opening a new lounge for Privilege club members...
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:18 am
Suspended

Does al Safwa access for QR Plat also apply to OWE? It seems like excluding them would violate oneworld rules? In general the access policy seems to be out of alignment with general oneworld policies..
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: qatar
Very small improvements considering all the cuts made in the last 3 years and only for platinum members traveling in J.
NoY, spec119, Askin001 and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
Al Safwa access is good.

The bonus qcredits not really. They are already pretty much worthless if you book into J anyway, given the lack of F options. It sort of encourages people to spend less buying Y instead, but of course that's a revenue drop for QR, and quite the uncomfortable risk for the customer if no upgrades to J are available. So next year I expect I won't be able to use around 180 instead of just 60.

Something we could definitely use, rather than maybe use if the stars align, would have been better.

But thumbs up to the Al Safwa access. Thank you QR.
Agree entirely. I used to use Qcredits to upgrade BKK-DOH sectors to F, but with that option no longer available, I now buy a Y ticket when I have enough Qcredits and Qmiles to upgrade the whole ticket.

I presume they have worked through the numbers on Al Safwa access. They could have tweaked this by, for example, charging accompanying guests a nominal fee - say USD 25 - for access, to see how the numbers went, and then waive the charge at a later date if there was still plenty of capacity. Win-win for QR in terms of enhancements. With this new policy, it would be so negative if they have to tighten up access later because of over-use.

The devil is in the detail, of course. The email states (my bolding): "From 16 October, Platinum members and 2 guests travelling in Business Class will be able to access Al Safwa lounge located at Hamad International Airport, Doha."

Does this include upgraded tickets? Also, what about Platinum members travelling in Y? It would have been so positive to grant them Al Mourjan access.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by mpkz
Does al Safwa access for QR Plat also apply to OWE? It seems like excluding them would violate oneworld rules? In general the access policy seems to be out of alignment with general oneworld policies..
I think it's basically like what BA does with the CCR lounge... no OWE access based on status there, only CCR card holders and BA F passengers.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by mpkz
Al Safwa is not a oneworld lounge.
Traveller999 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.