New QRPC Improvements

Old Oct 15, 19, 9:39 am
  #1  
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: LHR/NCE/DOH
Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Posts: 7,861
New QRPC Improvements

Well I did promise that 15th October would herald some improvements, and they have now gone live.

Al Safwa access
From 16th October, all Platinum cardholders will be able to access the Al Safwa Lounge, for free, aslong as they hold a Business Class ticket.

Bonus QCredits
All Platinum members who retain Platinum, will be awarded 10 Bonus QCredits for every 100 QPoints they earn, above 600 QPoints, within a 12 month period.

More to come, but currently on mobile.

M
msm2000uk is offline  
Old Oct 15, 19, 9:45 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Programs: DL Diamond Medallion, QR PC Platinum
Posts: 270
So Iím happy that as a plat flying in J that Iíll get free AS access but I have a few questions/observations. First, is there going to be a set time limit (like there was for paid access)? Second, my email specifically says a QR plat can bring 2 additional guests that are also flying J into AS. Does this concern folks that now AS will go from super empty to quite crowded? Regardless, Iím pretty happy and excited with this change in general!
Traveller999 likes this.
fender5787 is offline  
Old Oct 15, 19, 9:45 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Muscat/Doha/Manchester
Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 347
Thats it and Easy Deals... (https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...Qcredits.html#)


What annoys me is the lack of attention to detail -

With immediate effect all Platinum members who retain their tier will be awarded 10 Bonus Qcredits for every multiple of 100 Qpoints earned above 600 Qpoints within a 12 month window.

The bonus Qcredits will be in addition to the 60 Qcredits received upon tier retention. The expiry date of the bonus Qcredits will be the same as tier expiry.


however to retain platinum you need 540 Qpoints and not 600 Qpoints...I do not get why they [email protected] up such simple things!!
AbuCordoba is offline  
Old Oct 15, 19, 9:48 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 126
TBH, I've slid from Platinum membership for three years, to gold (expires Jan 2020), meaning I will be Silver card in 2020....and have no plans to fly with them despite them being GREAT in the air.

My last redemption is JIB-AKL and for 110,000 in QSuites next month, it was a good way to burn the points.

I have a major issue with zero J rewards SYD/MEL/AKL-Doha for 99.8% of the dates I look at...and I'm very flexible!!
delfindo is offline  
Old Oct 15, 19, 9:52 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 126
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba View Post
Thats it and Easy Deals... (https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...Qcredits.html#)


What annoys me is the lack of attention to detail -

however to retain platinum you need 540 Qpoints and not 600 Qpoints...I do not get why they [email protected] up such simple things!!

Yes - sometimes more cities than those listed in Easy Deals are included! Found this for ADD earlier this year, and JIB recently (JIB I booked as it saved 10,000).
delfindo is offline  
Old Oct 15, 19, 9:56 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 793
Al Safwa access is good.

The bonus qcredits not really. They are already pretty much worthless if you book into J anyway, given the lack of F options. It sort of encourages people to spend less buying Y instead, but of course that's a revenue drop for QR, and quite the uncomfortable risk for the customer if no upgrades to J are available. So next year I expect I won't be able to use around 180 instead of just 60.

Something we could definitely use, rather than maybe use if the stars align, would have been better.

But thumbs up to the Al Safwa access. Thank you QR.
NoY, railways and Traveller999 like this.
Johnnieboy is offline  
Old Oct 15, 19, 10:02 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 793
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba View Post
Thats it and Easy Deals... (https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...Qcredits.html#)


What annoys me is the lack of attention to detail -

With immediate effect all Platinum members who retain their tier will be awarded 10 Bonus Qcredits for every multiple of 100 Qpoints earned above 600 Qpoints within a 12 month window.

The bonus Qcredits will be in addition to the 60 Qcredits received upon tier retention. The expiry date of the bonus Qcredits will be the same as tier expiry.


however to retain platinum you need 540 Qpoints and not 600 Qpoints...I do not get why they [email protected] up such simple things!!
It's not really a cock up though, I suspect. You don't get the bonus for just renewing platinum, you get it for accruing 700 points or more. Makes some sense really, even though the reward has little redeemable value for many
Johnnieboy is offline  
Old Oct 15, 19, 10:07 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LHR
Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,117
Personally, I'm pretty happy with this. I think these are two genuine improvements for Platinum members. Looking forward to lots of extra Qcredits (fingers crossed I'll find availability to spend them) and Al Safwa when flying paid J.

I would also like to see lounge access improved for Platinum members in Y and upgraded J (especially outstation access - I'm so sick of LHR SkyTeam / Plaza Premium!) but hopefully that will come with a future announcement.

Thumbs up from me ^
AbuCordoba likes this.
purple1addict is offline  
Old Oct 15, 19, 10:09 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Muscat/Doha/Manchester
Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 347
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
It's not really a cock up though, I suspect. You don't get the bonus for just renewing platinum, you get it for accruing 700 points or more. Makes some sense really, even though the reward has little redeemable value for many

But the wording is - With immediate effect all Platinum members who retain their tier

To do that you need to have 540 Qpoints...not 600 Qpoints, therefore at 640 Qpoints I should get 10 extra Qcredits and not at 700 Qpoints..as per the wording.

However I agree the reward has little meaning and that should be looked at more than giving more Qcredits out!
AbuCordoba is offline  
Old Oct 15, 19, 10:16 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Muscat/Doha/Manchester
Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 347
Originally Posted by purple1addict View Post
Personally, I'm pretty happy with this. I think these are two genuine improvements for Platinum members. Looking forward to lots of extra Qcredits (fingers crossed I'll find availability to spend them) and Al Safwa when flying paid J.

I would also like to see lounge access improved for Platinum members in Y and upgraded J (especially outstation access - I'm so sick of LHR SkyTeam / Plaza Premium!) but hopefully that will come with a future announcement.

Thumbs up from me ^

I do agree its a step in the right direction however still a way to go IMO....lounge access at LHR (apparently the other OW lounges are the way to go) also they mentioned in the Doha meet up that they are planning on opening a new lounge for Privilege club members...
AbuCordoba is offline  
Old Oct 15, 19, 10:18 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 792
Does al Safwa access for QR Plat also apply to OWE? It seems like excluding them would violate oneworld rules? In general the access policy seems to be out of alignment with general oneworld policies..
mpkz is offline  
Old Oct 15, 19, 10:21 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Programs: qatar
Posts: 75
Very small improvements considering all the cuts made in the last 3 years and only for platinum members traveling in J.
NoY, spec119, RCAQ01 and 2 others like this.
Luca Suomi is offline  
Old Oct 15, 19, 10:28 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,448
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
Al Safwa access is good.

The bonus qcredits not really. They are already pretty much worthless if you book into J anyway, given the lack of F options. It sort of encourages people to spend less buying Y instead, but of course that's a revenue drop for QR, and quite the uncomfortable risk for the customer if no upgrades to J are available. So next year I expect I won't be able to use around 180 instead of just 60.

Something we could definitely use, rather than maybe use if the stars align, would have been better.

But thumbs up to the Al Safwa access. Thank you QR.
Agree entirely. I used to use Qcredits to upgrade BKK-DOH sectors to F, but with that option no longer available, I now buy a Y ticket when I have enough Qcredits and Qmiles to upgrade the whole ticket.

I presume they have worked through the numbers on Al Safwa access. They could have tweaked this by, for example, charging accompanying guests a nominal fee - say USD 25 - for access, to see how the numbers went, and then waive the charge at a later date if there was still plenty of capacity. Win-win for QR in terms of enhancements. With this new policy, it would be so negative if they have to tighten up access later because of over-use.

The devil is in the detail, of course. The email states (my bolding): "From 16 October, Platinum members and 2 guests travelling in Business Class will be able to access Al Safwa lounge located at Hamad International Airport, Doha."

Does this include upgraded tickets? Also, what about Platinum members travelling in Y? It would have been so positive to grant them Al Mourjan access.
railways is offline  
Old Oct 15, 19, 10:29 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: BRU
Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
Posts: 2,582
Originally Posted by mpkz View Post
Does al Safwa access for QR Plat also apply to OWE? It seems like excluding them would violate oneworld rules? In general the access policy seems to be out of alignment with general oneworld policies..
I think it's basically like what BA does with the CCR lounge... no OWE access based on status there, only CCR card holders and BA F passengers.
Lefly is offline  
Old Oct 15, 19, 10:30 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London
Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Posts: 3,196
Originally Posted by mpkz View Post
Does al Safwa access for QR Plat also apply to OWE? It seems like excluding them would violate oneworld rules? In general the access policy seems to be out of alignment with general oneworld policies..
Al Safwa is not a oneworld lounge.
Traveller999 likes this.
lost_in_translation is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: