Wiki Posts
Search

New QRPC Improvements

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
AS access for PLTs is great, IMO; although it will obviously have an adverse effect on sleeping room availability.
Originally Posted by Silver Falcon
Some of the moaning is a bit disappointing - access is given to AS lounge - now members are concerned they won't get a sleeping room.
Um, no, clearly I wasn't "moaning." Note the first six words of my post. I was simply observing that there will be more competition for the sleeping rooms.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Well, after three months on the job, Jake has delivered on two minor ‘wins’. Thanks Jake and team.
However, Would have been great to see Platinums exempted from the ridiculous booking fees per reward flight segment. It is a reminder that QR ‘got ya’ again with the nickel and dimeing. Remove those fees for Platinums might be a real encourager for people to strive for Platinum status.

As a side note, I have over 1000 Qcredits and don’t see the adjustment. I wonder if it will not take effect on my dashboard until my renewal next September?
NoY likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The Al Safwa access is pretty big news for Platinum cardholders, and something which I first reported was being discussed 2 years ago.

It was sidelined, but Jacob has managed to get it across the line in the first 3 months of joining QR - so I think we can see that the focus has shifted on to making customers happy.

M
I totally agree, access to Al Safwa is big news for Platinum cardholders! And the wording "....travelling in Business class...." would imply for me, that upgraded tickets should be eligible as well. Let´s see...
It is good to see, that a new manager is implementing measures for the customer and not targetting cost cutting as his first move. The direction is the right one, so keep on Jacob....!
purple1addict likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by railways
Yep ... far too much nodding and winking, "but I'm not telling you" on this forum.
No company would release detailed information about such topic to the "general public" and I understand that. So general hints / information is what we got to "the numbers", what is fine in my opinion.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:47 pm

I'm not sure I was particularly whinging either. Al Safwa access is really good for those booked in J, and the extra Qcredits are good for those travelling in Y.

But perhaps some additional uses for all these extra Qcredits that are entering the system would plug the gap though?

For example, maybe using them to achieve a percentage reduction on a Qmiles redemption?

There's no harm in making practical suggestions 😊
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:52 pm

Agree entirely. I used to use Qcredits to upgrade BKK-DOH sectors to F, but with that option no longer available, I now buy a Y ticket when I have enough Qcredits and Qmiles to upgrade the whole ticket.
By end of November I will hav then around 160 or more Qcredits and as I fly J all the time (fortunately), I will struggle to use them as QR took away the A380 from BKK. To book Y and then have the risk to stuck in Y, is not an option for me, at least not by now

I presume they have worked through the numbers on Al Safwa access. They could have tweaked this by, for example, charging accompanying guests a nominal fee - say USD 25 - for access, to see how the numbers went, and then waive the charge at a later date if there was still plenty of capacity. Win-win for QR in terms of enhancements. With this new policy, it would be so negative if they have to tighten up access later because of over-use.
I was very surprised about the announced "2 guests" policy! Till now, no guest was allowed to Al Mourjan, and now 2 guests are allowed to Al Safwa - big big move. I hope that people will not use it in a exaggerate way....

The devil is in the detail, of course. The email states (my bolding): "From 16 October, Platinum members and 2 guests travelling in Business Class will be able to access Al Safwa lounge located at Hamad International Airport, Doha."
Does this include upgraded tickets? Also, what about Platinum members travelling in Y? It would have been so positive to grant them Al Mourjan access.
I would read it in the way that "travelling in business" includes OPUPs, Upgrades and Redemptions as well...
Yes, Platinum members in Y only got the additional Qcredit policy till now.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 12:13 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Yep ... far too much nodding and winking, "but I'm not telling you" on this forum.

Interesting that the actual expose of the changes came from the standard monthly statement e-mail as reported by purple1addict rather than a major press release or other source.
The 'I'm not telling you' comment seems remarkably childish considering the leaks I have provided the forum with over the past 5 years or so. As I have said previously, I am quite happy to stop providing hints of upcoming major sales, 12 hour flash sales, service changes, and other improvements; but the consensus on the forum was that the leaks I have offered were quite helpful and long should they continue.

QR management specifically asked for none of the comments from the meeting to be revealed until they had done so themselves, and those present respected that. I asked whether I could reveal that there would be upcoming improvements, albeit not mention them, and was told that I could.

M
Old Oct 16, 2019, 12:15 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Traveller999
I totally agree, access to Al Safwa is big news for Platinum cardholders! And the wording "....travelling in Business class...." would imply for me, that upgraded tickets should be eligible as well. Let´s see...
It is good to see, that a new manager is implementing measures for the customer and not targetting cost cutting as his first move. The direction is the right one, so keep on Jacob....!
I believe upgrade tickets should be included, but as you know well, the interpretation of new service changes can sometimes take a little while to filter down to staff.

M
Old Oct 16, 2019, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
No company would release detailed information about such topic to the "general public" and I understand that. So general hints / information is what we got to "the numbers", what is fine in my opinion.
I think it's not the company's totally understandable discretion railways is irritated by, it's posters hinting at insider knowledge.
NoY and railways like this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I think it's not the company's totally understandable discretion railways is irritated by, it's posters hinting at insider knowledge.
Yes, possibly.
But, in my opinion, it is better to get at least some information opposite to no information.
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Yes, possibly.
But, in my opinion, it is better to get at least some information opposite to no information.
... when it's correct

A difficulty with QR is the autonomy managers enjoy: well, the lack of it. It seems pretty clear that the marketing strategy is product is king, and it trumps FFP (and predatory pricing) in attracting and maintaining passenger demand.

Al Safwa can be seen as enhancing the trip experience, so so it can be sold as a no-cost boost to the wider marketing straegy. It's going to be difficult for the team managing the FFP to row against the tide with more meaningful changes: and generally, in any company, there's resistance to back-tracking.

Me? I'd happily pick up my QR card again, but being allowed in Al Safwa isn't going to swing it. While I'm pleased to fly QR, I do it because of the product: I'm happy to salt the miles away into my BAEC account.
SullyofDoha and Traveller999 like this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 2:39 am

One would hope that upgraded tickets are included in Al Safwa access, but it would open up quite a chasm:

Platinum - lord it in AS
Gold and Silver - slum it in Business Class lounge
NoY likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:00 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
One would hope that upgraded tickets are included in Al Safwa access, but it would open up quite a chasm:

Platinum - lord it in AS
Gold and Silver - slum it in Business Class lounge
Considering it is already a leap to go from gold at 300 and platinum at 600, I would think it correct the benefits to be similarly proportionate in value. Again, it's the carrot to encourage people to strive for the higher level.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:18 am

My biggest concern is the poor Miles burn rates. And lack of award availability. Better this year but oh well, I have moved my business to Star Alliance in general. Well, not that I give big business to QR anyway.

The zero notice on the massive devaluation is hard to swallow and the online upgrades issues with q credits... I just can't help but move away from the programme. Nevertheless, I do miss QR business class. They are really top of the world in flight.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Well IMO this is a step in the right direction. Especially happy re Al Safwa access. Let's just wait and see how it all rolls out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.