Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New QRPC Improvements

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 9:21 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
It probably makes sense to keep it for people who can maximize the 6 hours. Besides, even if you used it for two hours, it still has to be cleaned. They would probably like to have a maximum 4 room turnovers a day than 8 or 12!
Yep, my thoughts exactly. I did forget to mention, but the staffers at the lounge did invite me to use one of the family rooms as a place to get a quick nap, with none of them being in use at the time. I respectfully declined, but those are there for folks who have a shorter layover and still wanna catch some zzzs.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveller999
One question, was the LGD chilled proper?
Though I’m no means an expert at serving champagne, it did seem quite chilled and refreshingly pleasant!
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by fender5787
Though I’m no means an expert at serving champagne, it did seem quite chilled and refreshingly pleasant!
In addition to the improvements which were recently implemented, was there also some talk about improving the earn/burn ratio in the near future, or am I imagining it?
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:38 pm

So just wanted to give another quick report on AS as a plat; this time on a 8hr layover. Arrived around 12:15am, dining area had around 20 other pax max. Food and service was fair (they had a really good kofta starter and the paneer was pretty good but the naan served with the paneer was essentially heated up matzoh and the bread was stale, but I must say the umm ali Arabic dessert was absolutely divine and I recommend everyone to try it; I even had them save me one for breakfast ). They saved me a sleeping room immediately upon entry to the lounge even though I didn’t use it for another hour. Now, here in the morning, dining area is significantly more crowded with I’d say around 50 or so other pax, some of whose behavior doesn’t really fit the decorum that one should practice here (people yelling and this a**hole using his phone as a personal boombox forcing all of us to listen to his stupid YouTube or whatever videos) I’m sitting at the bar, which is empty, but it may be hard for people to get a table and not sit next to someone else lol. Either way, a billion times better than AM and inshallah they’ll keep letting us plats in J keep having access!!

Last edited by fender5787; Nov 6, 2019 at 8:48 pm
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrived around 12:15am, dining area had around 20 other pax max. ... Now, here in the morning, dining area is significantly more crowded with I’d say around 50 or so other pax....
The times I've had breakfast there, there have never been more than three tables occupied. That, of course, was prior to PLT passengers in J being admitted.

... some of whose behavior doesn’t really fit the decorum that one should practice here (people yelling and this a**hole using his phone as a personal boombox ....
I would have no problem asking either of these types to turn it down, or perhaps they would be more comfortable using the audio someplace where it doesn't disturb others (and I've done this in the past, but never had to at AS). There are rooms for that purpose.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
The times I've had breakfast there, there have never been more than three tables occupied. That, of course, was prior to PLT passengers in J being admitted.

I would have no problem asking either of these types to turn it down, or perhaps they would be more comfortable using the audio someplace where it doesn't disturb others (and I've done this in the past, but never had to at AS). There are rooms for that purpose.
I mean I really should man up and ask, but being from NYC, whenever you seen someone doing this on the subway, you know you better not confront him or her as they’re probably crazy. Chances are, this dude isn’t an emotionally disturbed person, but still. Kinda wish the staff would say something, but I understand their predicament.

But I will say, even with the relative “crowding” the service is still fast and quite personable.The issue isn’t the service or food, frankly it’s the other guests. But perhaps this is the consequence of letting us hoi polloi Plats in
NoY and Traveller999 like this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I mean I really should man up and ask, but being from NYC, whenever you seen someone doing this on the subway, you know you better not confront him or her as they’re probably crazy. Chances are, this dude isn’t an emotionally disturbed person, but still.
Understand completely. But, as you say, AS isn't the NYC subway.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 11:03 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
....I would have no problem asking either of these types to turn it down, or perhaps they would be more comfortable using the audio someplace where it doesn't disturb others (and I've done this in the past, but never had to at AS). There are rooms for that purpose.
I did it once in AM (bistro area), as the guy was using his tablet as a phone (loudspeaker on) - I can tell you, I did learn plenty of new dirty words....and when he did leave the aerea he insulted me verbally again. I did smile, what did not cool him down ;-)
NoY and SullyofDoha like this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: QR Plat
I did it once in AM (bistro area), as the guy was using his tablet as a phone (loudspeaker on) - I can tell you, I did learn plenty of new dirty words....and when he did leave the aerea he insulted me verbally again. I did smile, what did not cool him down ;-)
I usually deal with this through staff. Saves me some scolding. But some people just seem to not understand that they are being an annoyance, or just dont care. I am all for these people being pelted with whatever produce may be laying around, and possible flogging with al dente soba noodles...

-A
NoY and Traveller999 like this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by ph-ndr
I usually deal with this through staff. Saves me some scolding. But some people just seem to not understand that they are being an annoyance, or just dont care. I am all for these people being pelted with whatever produce may be laying around, and possible flogging with al dente soba noodles...

-A
As much as I wanted to empty my leftovers on this guy, I do honestly think it’s the staff’s, and QR in general’s job to create and enforce the ambiance of the lounge. I’ve seen staff at DL sky clubs in JFK, LAX, and even ATL enforce certain behavioral norms, and yes, I know DOH isn’t the west, but this dude didn’t look like a gulfie royal so....regardless, perhaps I’m being too much of a glass half empty guy, seeing that my 8hr stay in AS was an overall absolutely delightful experience, I still say this is an amazing move on QR’s part letting us plats use the lounge and I’m frankly greatly appreciative of it! (And honestly, I’m probs gonna take the later doh-jfk flight in January so I can do another 8hr+ layover )
NoY, SullyofDoha and Traveller999 like this.

Last edited by fender5787; Nov 6, 2019 at 11:57 pm
Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: QRPC, SAS Eurobonus
Hi all!

Platinum, flying on an upgraded business class ticket tonight from DOH. What was the latest on getting in to AS on upgraded ticket? Go or no go?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by mk1dk
Hi all!

Platinum, flying on an upgraded business class ticket tonight from DOH. What was the latest on getting in to AS on upgraded ticket? Go or no go?
The latest was:
Upgraded with cash - GO
Upgraded with other than cash - NO GO

However, give it a try and let us know ;-)
Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: QRPC, SAS Eurobonus
The randomness of it, gosh!

So, taking an OLCI upgrade paid in cash; get in. Upgrade a the cash desk inside; get in. Upgrade with point at any time; don't get in. So ridiculous.

The latest was:
Upgraded with cash - GO
Upgraded with other than cash - NO GO

However, give it a try and let us know ;-)
Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by mk1dk
The randomness of it, gosh!

So, taking an OLCI upgrade paid in cash; get in. Upgrade a the cash desk inside; get in. Upgrade with point at any time; don't get in. So ridiculous.
Yes, but as they statement was "due to technical reasons" the hope is that "soon" it will be changed....
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kwanger
Do you suppose I will have any difficulties getting into the al-Safwa as a QR Platinum traveling in Business - but crediting that flight to my AA account? I can of course produce my thud factor Platinum membership card at the desk.
For anyone interested......I was able to get myself into the al safwa tonight (plus one colleague) crediting the flight I'm about to take to AA. Caused a bit of consternation at the desk but showing platinum card was good enough in the end.

Thought Al safwa was very nice, but at the time for day could literally hear a pin drop. After a long stint on an oilfield in a shaky country, personally I don't mind the comparative 'businessiness' of the AM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.