Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New QRPC Improvements

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: QRPC, SAS Eurobonus
Checked with the QRPC team (granted, via Contact Centre, so they could be COMPLETELY wrong) and even though Platinum on a paid J now has access to Al Safwa lounge, then this does not include the use of Al Safwa check in at DOH. I'd have liked to see this being part of this benefit to be honest. Wouldn't cost them much.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by mk1dk
Checked with the QRPC team (granted, via Contact Centre, so they could be COMPLETELY wrong) and even though Platinum on a paid J now has access to Al Safwa lounge, then this does not include the use of Al Safwa check in at DOH. I'd have liked to see this being part of this benefit to be honest. Wouldn't cost them much.
It's a lounge benefit, not a receiving-all-the-perqs-of-a-first-class-ticket benefit.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: QRPC, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
It's a lounge benefit, not a receiving-all-the-perqs-of-a-first-class-ticket benefit.
I know, and I am totally fine with that. I'm not expecting the luggage allowance, the seat or the points... But, we have Platinum giving access to a special check in counter at DOH, and we have other perks that come with the status. So while I understand this is a lounge benefit, my point is that it would be very inexpensive to QR to extend the benefit to include check in. After all, not THAT many Platinum travelling ex-DOH on paid J....
Old Nov 27, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by mk1dk
I know, and I am totally fine with that. I'm not expecting the luggage allowance, the seat or the points... But, we have Platinum giving access to a special check in counter at DOH, and we have other perks that come with the status. So while I understand this is a lounge benefit, my point is that it would be very inexpensive to QR to extend the benefit to include check in. After all, not THAT many Platinum travelling ex-DOH on paid J....
Er, who gives a darn? If you are travelling paid business class from Doha, the business class check in is easy to use. Once past security, you could even go left and enter the Al Safwa lounge directly.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
My Platinum status was renewed yesterday and I got 140 Qcredits on my account (having 1,484 QPoints at time of renewing). Cool, this improvement works :-)

So now my wife does have 100 Qcredits and I do have 140, but no A380 on our routes to use it proper.. :-( let´s see how we will use them...
Old Dec 12, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Any news on the further improvements to QRPC?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:28 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Free Qatar Museums’ Culture Pass Plus for Platinum and Gold members

Available for all Platinum members (from anywhere in the world) and all Qatar residents Gold members.

QR official press release
meelosh, purple1addict and mk1dk like this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: QR Plat ( Y-Commuter)
The easy deals section has become very useful since the revamp. At least for Europeans who dont mind a positioningflight.
mk1dk likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Is there any news on Al Safwa access for Platinums on tickets upgraded with miles/qcredits?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by a9504477
Is there any news on Al Safwa access for Platinums on tickets upgraded with miles/qcredits?
I asked about this a couple of day ago via FB messenger and the answer is no complimentary access , not possible to pay for the access, and no access to AM.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum
What if I'm on paid J ticket and my partner on upgraded J ticket? Can he still join me in AS?
Old Dec 19, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
I asked about this a couple of day ago via FB messenger and the answer is no complimentary access , not possible to pay for the access, and no access to AM.
That's somewhat disappointing; at least access to AM would have been a sensible compromise.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by kl1987
What if I'm on paid J ticket and my partner on upgraded J ticket? Can he still join me in AS?
Unfortunately I did not ask this question. I suggest you ask them via FB messenger. They will reply quite fast.
kl1987 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 7:23 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
For what it’s worth, I’m a QR Platinum member and just used Al Safwa for the first time while transiting through DOH with an onward J ticket, and was buzzed into the lounge with no hassle from the reception desk upstairs. Wanted to say that it’s a nice touch - Al Safwa is always a treat - and a definite upgrade in the otherwise ‘meh’ offerings offered by QRPC.

khabah
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by kl1987
So I have no firsthand knowledge, but based on a few earlier posts, it seems as long as the platinum cardholder has a paid J ticket, they can let up to two guests in who are flying J, paid or upgrade. But I could be wrong.
kl1987 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.