Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Covid-19: Free Status Renewal / Extension

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus

Received this email after being downgraded a few days ago. Nice to see this was done proactively, having thought about calling in and asking for a while.

Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:13 am

Your Platinum tier will end on 14 November 2020. We want to ensure you have the full opportunity to achieve your desired tier status and are delighted to give you three additional months of Platinum tier to qualify.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I got the same but my Gold status was not expired yet, also extended for 6 months (not showing yet in Dashboard).
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Full praise for the pro-activeness.
I was about to contact them as I was going to be a few points short of renewal.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: QR PC Gold, Skyteam
Same here, Platinum status due to expire in July, extended with 3 more month. Nice! Hopefully the crazy times will be long gone by then.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:28 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
So those who lost platinum for any reason is given 6 months. Those who still have platinum is given 3 months.

I do wonder what this extension means in terms of re-qualification. Do they shift the membership year, meaning flights taken in the beginning of the year now wont be included in the 12/24-month period used for requal?
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:45 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Can confirm as well. Got a 3 month extension on plat that was originally supposed to expire in August. Pretty good on them!
Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:28 pm

Programs: qr
Just got an e mail offering a three month extension of my current gold status which does not expire until mid jan 2021 So now extended to mid April 21. Had a click through on the e mail which took you to the usual registration of offers page but then did not tell you it worked - typical QR IT. I repeated process then pop up told me I was already registered . Will check my dashboard app to see. Happy with pro active offer though.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 6:47 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
I'm trying to figure out my situation. As of this week I'm ONE point short of Platinum qualifying (not re-qualifying, I had dropped to Gold last year). My year ends in May and while normally I'd say that should make things simple to make it, there is a lot of uncertainty this year.
Any point in trying to get the Plat before the "one-click" registration? Any chance they'll give me the Plat with 599 instead of 600 Qpoints?
Probably not, and probably no way to know given the randomness of QR systems and the dial-an-answer nature of their customer service.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 6:52 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Also indicative of the usual QR care in developing these promos:

This does appear on your offers page when logged in as

"Limited time only, exclusive offer from us, NaN QMiles"

With a "book by" and "travel by" date of 10-24 March.
NoY likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:41 pm

Does it mean my current qpoints valid period extend another 6 months which I can upgrade to next level ?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:30 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Deleted
Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:30 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Got the email offer as well, but link doesn't work. Not surprised at all.
NoY likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:55 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Got the email too. My requalification falls in September so they offered an extension of three months. Clicked on the link and it took me to a blank Qatar Airways page.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Got the email too. My requalification falls in September so they offered an extension of three months. Clicked on the link and it took me to a blank Qatar Airways page.
It looked blank (big purple background) but when I scrolled down it said I had successfully registered for the offer (or some text to that effect)
When I login it still shows the previous expiry date (29th Nov 2020) but from the offer email I think that will only update on 1st April ("Change in tier will be completed on 1 April")
GalaxyChris and SullyofDoha like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.