Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New QRPC Improvements

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
As a side note, I have over 1000 Qcredits and don’t see the adjustment. I wonder if it will not take effect on my dashboard until my renewal next September?
Is that 1000 Qcredits this year? as per the wording it is 600 per year ...for example if you had got 500 in one year and 500 in the following year it would not count as I understand it.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Is that 1000 Qcredits this year? as per the wording it is 600 per year ...for example if you had got 500 in one year and 500 in the following year it would not count as I understand it.
just a hint for the wording - I think OP is talking about QPOINTS in this regard, not Qcredits.....
AbuCordoba likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Traveller999
just a hint for the wording - I think OP is talking about QPOINTS in this regard, not Qcredits.....

Haha yes I meant Qpoints.... So confusing all these Qs
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
I personally think very little too late yes the AS access is good but how many of us have credited now to other programs because of the "enhancements" I will be staying put at BAEC as since I moved there I haven't had one reason to complain unlike my time at QRPC and will make OWE in a year which would be impossible with QR
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Sorry, probably auto Q-orrect ;-)
Indeed, I've earned over 1,000 Q-Points this year.
AbuCordoba likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Has there actually been any indication given that upgraded tickets will be eligible for AS entry? Seeing that one can’t access AM with upgraded tickets, I can’t imagine QR allowing that (especially with the guest access). Also, has anyone heard if there is a time limit enforced? I have a 8+ hour layover coming up in 2 weeks and it would be great if I could spend the entire layover in AS!
Old Oct 16, 2019, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by fender5787
Has there actually been any indication given that upgraded tickets will be eligible for AS entry? Seeing that one can’t access AM with upgraded tickets, I can’t imagine QR allowing that (especially with the guest access). Also, has anyone heard if there is a time limit enforced? I have a 8+ hour layover coming up in 2 weeks and it would be great if I could spend the entire layover in AS!

Good point on the access to AM on upgraded tickets, we shall see!

With regards to time frame, i do the Muscat leg alot in Faux F (J) and have done like 20 hours officially in the lounge (i actually leave the airport and complete a day of work and then head back to airport but in principle I have entered AS 20 hours before my flight)
Traveller999 and fender5787 like this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by fender5787
"msm2000uk" believes (see post #53 in this thread) that upgraded tickets are included, but no official rule or statement can be found till now.
The wording of the announcment does imply it, so if QR would come up now with some sort of "restrictions", that would be a bad move...
fender5787 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: QR Plat, BA Silver
The official press release just mentioning „traveling Business Class with Qatar Airways and Oneworld partner airlines...“

So not even when only flying QR.

Can be found here:
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...Press-releases

Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:06 am

What makes me laugh as I mentioned yesterday is just simple errors QR makes -

Qatar Airways Group Chief Commercial Officer, Mr. Simon Talling-Smith, said: “We take tremendous pride in exceeding our passengers’ expectations and this enhancement to our Privilege Club offering is yet another example of our promise to reward our loyal Platinum customers for their continued support.”

“This unique and exclusive benefit means that Platinum Privilege Club passengers travelling in either First and Business Class can experience five-star hospitality with Qatar Airways before they even step onto an aircraft.”

Even before this announcement any passenger traveling in first (platinum or not) would have had access to AS (and i know people may point out if you upgraded you wouldn't have had access to AS but I do not think he was even thinking of that scenario)
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
As a side note, I have over 1000 Qcredits and don’t see the adjustment. I wonder if it will not take effect on my dashboard until my renewal next September?
As per QR wording, I’m afraid what would count is the number of Qpoints you have accumulated in the previous 12 months at the date you renew your Platinum tier and not at any other date.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: Some
What makes me laugh as I mentioned yesterday is just simple errors QR makes -

Qatar Airways Group Chief Commercial Officer, Mr. Simon Talling-Smith, said: “We take tremendous pride in exceeding our passengers’ expectations and this enhancement to our Privilege Club offering is yet another example of our promise to reward our loyal Platinum customers for their continued support.”

“This unique and exclusive benefit means that Platinum Privilege Club passengers travelling in either First and Business Class can experience five-star hospitality with Qatar Airways before they even step onto an aircraft.”

Even before this announcement any passenger traveling in first (platinum or not) would have had access to AS (and i know people may point out if you upgraded you wouldn't have had access to AS but I do not think he was even thinking of that scenario)
This entire statement is hilarious, given:
- It admits there is nothing five-star about the Qatar Airways ground experience when you are not in Al Safwa
- I am not aware of any promise by Qatar to reward their loyal Platinum customers up until this announcement, hence why I've stopped being a loyal customer
- The only reason this is a 'unique' benefit is because most other airlines don't have such a fiendishly complicated lounge system that excludes frequent flyers from their lounges

Last edited by msm2000uk; Oct 17, 2019 at 12:08 am
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Matt4
As per QR wording, I’m afraid what would count is the number of Qpoints you have accumulated in the previous 12 months at the date you renew your Platinum tier and not at any other date.
I kind of thought the same thing. It would not have been a huge thing to credit me with 40 additional Qcredits.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: AA CK
Al Safwa open to J Pax

Just read this article that says QR is now opening up Al Safwa for J pax WITH privilege club membership.

executivetraveller.com/qatar-airways-first-class-lounge-access-for-platinum-business-class

I think I know the answer but figured would shop it around, does anyone think you would be able to get in if I signed up for membership but was crediting those flights to another partner in OW. Eg, I'm currently crediting these to my AA account, but I wonder if showing a membership card with the ticket would suffice?

Thoughts?
Old Oct 16, 2019, 12:00 pm

Only for platinum members.

Discussed in the ”New QRPC Improvements” thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.