Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by spec119
i should have been downgraded to silver today i only had 196 Q points but they just downgraded me to gold and have really useful 40 Q credits
Did you have less than 540 Qpoints within the last 24 months? Otherwise you regularly qualified for Gold.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:50 am

I just realized how relieving it is to no longer be annoyed by all these failed searches for award availability. It has actually been a pretty useless program for quite some time, leaving people in the false believe that there is a chance they can put their Qmiles to good use. So from my point of view, all they actually did was removing the carrot on a stick.

This is actually less ironic than it sounds like. I had constant issues with QRPC in so many regards, and haven't gotten anything in return for quite some time, so it is truly an enhancement to no longer care about the QRPC SNAFU.
synd, Bring, sid7122 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by makrom
Did you have less than 540 Qpoints within the last 24 months? Otherwise you regularly qualified for Gold.

Not sure is the honest answer without checking i thought it was based on your current points balance
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by spec119
Not sure is the honest answer without checking i thought it was based on your current points balance
There are two thresholds for each tier, obe for 12 months and one for 24 months. Matching either works. The 24 month threshold is the 12 month one times 2 minus 10%. 270 for Silver, 540 for Gold and 1080 for Platinum.
spec119 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I wonder how they think that QRPC will continue to survive. Just priced my usual BKK/BOS one way. When combined with the infamous and ubiquitous ×2, it's now 321,000 miles in business class. Compare to 105,000 in OZ F and similar. Yes, QR J is absolutely a great J product, but at those prices?
GalaxyChris and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I wonder how they think that QRPC will continue to survive. Just priced my usual BKK/BOS one way. When combined with the infamous and ubiquitous ×2, it's now 321,000 miles in business class. Compare to 105,000 in OZ F and similar. Yes, QR J is absolutely a great J product, but at those prices?
The only logical conclusion I can reach is QR don't care if QRPC survives, they have to be aware that these changes are going to lead to an exodus from QRPC. Just in the CDG lounge about to credit my first QR flights to BAEC (4 x cash F sectors - BA are presumably going to charge QR a fortune for me to crediting to BAEC).
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
The only logical conclusion I can reach is QR don't care if QRPC survives, they have to be aware that these changes are going to lead to an exodus from QRPC. Just in the CDG lounge about to credit my first QR flights to BAEC (4 x cash F sectors - BA are presumably going to charge QR a fortune for me to crediting to BAEC).
Charged by an airline owned in large parts by you know who. Besides, QR must have some stockpile from all the BA flights I was dumb enough to credit to QRPC until May.
But I truly don't understand why QR would just drop QRPC. Having pax credit to your own program must be by far the cheapest method. All they need to offer in return are some award capacities on flights that would be partially empty anyway, basically transporting them at marginal cost. The fact that it is now cheaper to get partner awards just baffles me. But I don't want to give them any ideas about bringing that in line.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:57 am

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right place, but I am pulling my hair out over this. I am a QR Gold and my renewal date was yesterday. Last month, I achieved the more than 270 Q points to renew and had 278 Q points. My account showed that I had achieved gold for another year and that was all fine. I even checked it yesterday and it was still showing as ok. Last night, I got an email telling me I had been downgraded to silver, and that I needed another 22 Q points to achieve gold to get me to 300.

Called QRPC just now and as per usual, the guy was absolutely useless, not even sure why they have a phone number?

He told me to email the QRPC, which I have done.

I am going crazy about this, as I even did a mileage run last month to ensure I got there and I really need the benefits for some flights that are coming up.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by jah718
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right place, but I am pulling my hair out over this. I am a QR Gold and my renewal date was yesterday. Last month, I achieved the more than 270 Q points to renew and had 278 Q points. My account showed that I had achieved gold for another year and that was all fine. I even checked it yesterday and it was still showing as ok. Last night, I got an email telling me I had been downgraded to silver, and that I needed another 22 Q points to achieve gold to get me to 300.

Called QRPC just now and as per usual, the guy was absolutely useless, not even sure why they have a phone number?

I am going crazy about this, as I even did a mileage run last month to ensure I got there and I really need the benefits for some flights that are coming up.
the email may be your monthly statement thus outdated and not showing the last activity. if u login to your account what does it show there? still gold or silver? points?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by fgw_
the email may be your monthly statement thus outdated and not showing the last activity. if u login to your account what does it show there? still gold or silver? points?
No, it was the email notifying me that my level had changed. I have checked my account and it is showing as silver now, and still showing as 278 Q points, but now saying I need 22 points to achieve gold.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Hi guys,

Why am i not surprised ...
Qatar Airways not respecting it's own QRPC terms...
As i wrote before Qatar Airways like to rub the salt into the wounds of its customers.. .
This is a confirmation. ..
Pathetic ...
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: British Airways
Has anyone suceed in booking award flight on partner airlines through QRPC ? The new searching tool looks pretty good and even shows available flights.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by sluneckov
Has anyone suceed in booking award flight on partner airlines through QRPC ? The new searching tool looks pretty good and even shows available flights.
I didn’t know you can book one world partner award tickets online via QRPC.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Hi guys,

Did you meet all requirements to retain Gold status ? Getting 270 Qpoints is not the only condition :
In addition to the above tier qualification and retention criteria, you will need to have earned at least 20% of your Qpoints or have flown 4 sectors (within 12 months prior to retention) or 8 sectors (within 24 months prior to retention) on flights either marketed* or operated** by Qatar Airways.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by Matt4

Did you meet all requirements to retain Gold status ? Getting 270 Qpoints is not the only condition :
They are now saying that I did not meet all the requirements, but the point is that my dashboard said that I had met all the requirements and had successfully re qualified as gold. Both the Q points and the minimum q points sections were ticked as well. As a result, I thought I had met the criteria.

I would have done additional QR sectors if I had known this, but the fact of the matter is that my dashboard said I had met all criteria and had requalified, therefore, I didn't think there was any need to do it. I regret not screen shotting my dashboard now of course.....

I feel like I have been tricked by QRPC, they told me I had done what was required and then changed their mind.
Traveller999 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.