FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1910386-major-qrpc-changes-effective-27-may-2018-a.html)

delfindo May 21, 2018 5:24 am

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

1. "redemption booking fee" - $25/$50/$75 per sector in Y/J/F
2. "Qpoints Earning" - "Our Qpoints earning structure will be revised to award more Qpoints to Privilege Club members who fly in higher fare families (Economy Saver, Economy Value or Economy Flex) and to farther destinations on Qatar Airways. - For example, a member who travels on Business Flexi or Value on Qatar Airways from Doha to Melbourne will earn more Qpoints than a member who travels on Economy Saver or Flexi from Doha to Melbourne. Or a member who travels from Doha to New York will earn more Qpoints than a member who travels from Doha to Maldives. "

So not sure what the new calc will look like

On the plus I just upgraded boyfriend Japan to London using QCredits instantly, it tells you yes/no before and takes 30 seconds, so this enhancement is a plus.

tboons May 21, 2018 5:33 am

It is crappy that they issued an award booking fee even via online? It is really a cash grab.

I suspect that a devaluation is coming? The last one was 2 years ago about the miles earning and qpoints earning!

InternationalLiving May 21, 2018 5:36 am

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 29776788)
It is crappy that they issued an award booking fee even via online? It is really a cash grab.

I suspect that a devaluation is coming? The last one was 2 years ago about the miles earning and qpoints earning!

Is it even possible to devalue it further, given such miserly miles (and even points) earning on most economy tickets? Especially when they're now slapping on a big booking fee per segment?!

tboons May 21, 2018 5:39 am

I just realised that the booking fee is per sector! It's really free cash grab for them since most of us would use it on business and 2 or 4 sectors per booking?

InternationalLiving May 21, 2018 5:41 am

Exactly, I think it's ridiculous. I wouldn't mind if it were per booking, but per sector is making it like adding a big fuel surcharge. Not amused...

delfindo May 21, 2018 5:44 am

One bonus, it seems "O" and "T" have come back to the party for Qcredit upgrades - now includes B, H, K, L, M, N, O, Q, S, T, V, Y

But yes, per sector is now $125 for my AKL-DOH-BEY in J/F - cash grab and nothing else

07L 25R May 21, 2018 6:11 am

Maybe that's why they're refusing to issue my tickets... a month (? - or so... it's been so long I've lost track of time) after I requested them. Who wants to bet I get contacted about them after the 27th? :rolleyes:

lifeonthego_k May 21, 2018 6:15 am

I can't see the revised redemption rates. When I click on Qcaclulator it is still showing me the old redemptions rates.

toastedcafe May 21, 2018 6:31 am

just made a dummy booking for an award ARN-MNL (RT) in January .. 142500 miles in J..whereas list price on the q calculator is 150000.

Richard Bell May 21, 2018 6:36 am

I'm not sure how many more such 'enhancements' I can afford, I was looking forward to booking an award-ticket in Economy early next year, before my hard-earned much-discounted Qmiles start to expire on me. :(

Now if I could get memb-serv to reply to emails within a week or two, or if I could get credited with Qpoints & Qmiles for the sectors I've flown within a month or two, that would be an enhancement worth shouting about ! :rolleyes:

I do get it, that QR is currently under intense commercial presssure due to the blockade, but upsetting frequent-flyers with 'enhancements' like this, and a loyalty-card which often doesn't work as-advertised, those measures aren't going to help IMO.

delfindo May 21, 2018 6:40 am

Originally Posted by toastedcafe (Post 29776950)
just made a dummy booking for an award ARN-MNL (RT) in January .. 142500 miles in J..whereas list price on the q calculator is 150000.

Isn't that taking into account the 5% discount you get as a QR Gold/Plat?

toastedcafe May 21, 2018 6:42 am

Originally Posted by delfindo (Post 29776984)
Isn't that taking into account the 5% discount you get as a QR Gold/Plat?

forgot about it.. anyhow, if you are scared start burning some of your miles.

Cheetah_SA May 21, 2018 7:00 am

Originally Posted by InternationalLiving (Post 29776813)
Exactly, I think it's ridiculous. I wouldn't mind if it were per booking, but per sector is making it like adding a big fuel surcharge. Not amused...

Most unwelcome. :( Presumably this fee is non-refundable?

If they simultaneously make more award space available, that isn't at double mile rates, I could stomach it. But it seems they are throttling award availability while simultaneously hiking the cost of redemption. I foresee lots of miles expiring in QR's future - presumably the outcome they are looking for. :rolleyes: Must look into alternative FFPs to credit my flights to.

beepee May 21, 2018 7:06 am

Originally Posted by toastedcafe (Post 29776950)

as A platinum you get 5% réduction,

beepee May 21, 2018 7:09 am

Sorry already solved