Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
So where to go?

I flew 1600+ TP last year (2x per month biz long hauls and a couple more ULH thrown in here and there) and still have 1100 TP in the past 12 months. The 180k miles I didn’t yet burn are a real shame as I guess it’s only worth 120k pre-devaluation. I am extremely disappointed and while the onboard service is great (maybe best cabin crew in the world next to Singapore etc) but I just can’t keep putting my money into a company who would do this without at least some warning. I would respect and understand if we had at least 1-2 months warning. I can’t even start to count the number of times I connected in Doha over a direct connection from another airline in europe... But these actions show that my loyalty means nothing.

Anyways, are there any OW members who will status match my QR platinum? I would really hate to start over somewhere else at this point and already have platinum on KLM (so skyteam is not needed).

alAnyways I spent over 55k euro last year on QR I won’t spend another penny this year and will use the rest of my useless points on partners just to ensure it costs them money.

It is these sort of changes which ensure that al thani will have to keep bailing them out because besides a few rich Qataris (who didn’t care about the points anyways) the loyal long haul business travellers will go elsewhere due to this betrayal.

Shame on you Al Baker you claim you want to be the worlds best airline, then you better damn well take care of the people who fill those seats again and again!!

anyways any advice what is the recommended place to go to instead?

Old Jun 2, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
S7 and LATAM have offered status matches in the past - not really the airlines you’ll want to be crediting to.
But you could try to get matched and then use your status for the benefits while you’re earning status with BA/AA.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:56 pm

@bison1847
With as many flights as you have, status match should not matter much. You should maintain OWE on QRPC for at least another 12 months without crediting a single flight. And by the time you’ll lose that status, you should long be OWE with any other program.
Obviously you’ll still need to fulfill that program’s requirements, such as a minimum number of segments.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 6:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
if i fly RJ in C and have QR plat, will the OW E lounges bill RJ or QR for my use of them?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by bison1847
I flew 1600+ TP last year (2x per month biz long hauls and a couple more ULH thrown in here and there) and still have 1100 TP in the past 12 months. The 180k miles I didn’t yet burn are a real shame as I guess it’s only worth 120k pre-devaluation. I am extremely disappointed and while the onboard service is great (maybe best cabin crew in the world next to Singapore etc) but I just can’t keep putting my money into a company who would do this without at least some warning. I would respect and understand if we had at least 1-2 months warning. I can’t even start to count the number of times I connected in Doha over a direct connection from another airline in europe... But these actions show that my loyalty means nothing.

Anyways, are there any OW members who will status match my QR platinum? I would really hate to start over somewhere else at this point and already have platinum on KLM (so skyteam is not needed).

alAnyways I spent over 55k euro last year on QR I won’t spend another penny this year and will use the rest of my useless points on partners just to ensure it costs them money.

It is these sort of changes which ensure that al thani will have to keep bailing them out because besides a few rich Qataris (who didn’t care about the points anyways) the loyal long haul business travellers will go elsewhere due to this betrayal.

Shame on you Al Baker you claim you want to be the worlds best airline, then you better damn well take care of the people who fill those seats again and again!!

anyways any advice what is the recommended place to go to instead?

I agree totally with you. I do not trust QR anymore. I wonder when I will have one last minute change or cancelling with the msg only disgrace.

Which Oneworld FF can have some value for refugee QRPC ? And worth it to spend miles ?
Some said AA or BA, but what about redemption ? Crediting my QR flight already book ?
About ME3, Status Match Platinum QR to Silver EK do not seem very appealing.
synd and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: QR:PLAT, AT:GOLD, LH:GOLD, AF: C2000, EK:PLAT; LH:P+P, AF:QBIZ, QR:QMICE.
Dear Follow members,
Being a high tier loyal customer on QR for 14 years, and with a current balance of over 1 Million Qmiles, I've been very disappointed about these "Enhancements" and my voice reached QR's management. I highly recommend to all of you to send some hard letters to QR PC, and your voice will be heard. The aim is to push QR to reverse to its original redemption table. This subject is being discussed internally in QR currently and your letters and disappointment messages will be a big help to step back on this decade's highway robbery that QR have committed toward its most loyal customers. We have to keep writing and sending feedbacks, as they take them very seriously at QR's top management.

Cheers
Old Jun 2, 2018, 10:55 pm

Any email address for us to write?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:03 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by 1Alover
Dear Follow members,
Being a high tier loyal customer on QR for 14 years, and with a current balance of over 1 Million Qmiles, I've been very disappointed about these "Enhancements" and my voice reached QR's management. I highly recommend to all of you to send some hard letters to QR PC, and your voice will be heard. The aim is to push QR to reverse to its original redemption table. This subject is being discussed internally in QR currently and your letters and disappointment messages will be a big help to step back on this decade's highway robbery that QR have committed toward its most loyal customers. We have to keep writing and sending feedbacks, as they take them very seriously at QR's top management.

Cheers
It is hard to believe that the top management does take our response seriously as they did create the mess...
I do have a selection of answer mails from QRPC to complaints by me in regard to the “enhancements” and they don’t show any sign of “taking care” .....
Nevertheless I agree to send mails after mails to complain - this is the only thing we can do. And guys, if anybody did book already upcoming flights with a competitor of QR, attach the booking to your complaint mail ...maybe that will get their attention
beepee likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
So funny. Like I mentioned before, when they first sent out the emails about the booking fee per sector, I sent them an email, asking if there would be any changes to the redemption table.
For some strange reason I did not get a reply in time to burn my miles before the devaluation. Guess they were simply terribly busy.
Today they finally replied:

Thank you for writing to Privilege Club.

Our sincere apologies for the delay in replying to you.

We wish to inform you that we have revised our Qmiles redemption requirements for award tickets.

Moreover, for award upgrade, depending on the fare family of a paid (revenue) ticket, members will be able to enjoy award upgrades to Premium Cabin for less Qmiles.

In addition, we are introducing a redemption booking fee per sector.

To know more about our recent enhancement, kindly visit below link:
https://www.qatarairways.com/en-in/P...ancements.html
GalaxyChris and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: Some
As much as I’d love it to be the case, I doubt QR are going to reverse the decision. To me it seems there’s a fairly toxic combination of arrogance and incompetence running QRPC currently - I mean, as far as I can tell they still haven’t even managed to put out a press release or send an email to QRPC members informing them changes have been made! Completely ridiculous.

Ever since they moved all customer service online it’s been pretty clear QR couldn’t care less about QRPC.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 4:36 am

Dear Follow members,

Cheers
loyal member for years too. was plat before, dropped to gold half a year ago would be plat in a few month again if i continue to fly QR, which i highly doubt under this circumstances ...

anyway, as much as i like to hear what u say, from my experience it is very unlikely they will listen to us loyal customers, discuss and even consider changing this in any way. i remember my last complaint where i almost missed a flight because the lady at ceck-in refused to accept my cabin luggage because she had her own weight limit rules different from the ones published on QR website! the response i got was:

We do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced. We seek to train our staff to meet our high standards however, we are seriously concerned when customers feel they have been poorly treated.
Please be assured that the matter has been taken up with the responsible Ground services management for appropriate corrective action.

On behalf of Qatar Airways we would like to extend our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I would have expected at least some compensation in form of qmiles (which would have been devaluated soon anyway) or qpoints (which dont cost much to QR either) like similar cases were handled by EK in the past when i used to fly EK.

considering this and also reading through the various responses from QR other forum members posted in this thread it does not look as if somebody at QR really cares!

but if u, 1Alover, have an e-mail we can use to reach responsible persons at QR or QR management directly it would be very helpful if u could provide this e-mail to us! if somebody exists at QR who cares, this is the only way to let them know as writing to official QR contacts is worthless as it stands now!
but i agree, if u right it would be important that as much of us as possible write to this e-mail.

no idea where to burn my few remaining qmiles either? luckily i booked an award ticked for a friend a few days before all this happened. got australia to europe RT for 72k miles .this were the good old times of QRPC ...
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: SK*(LT)G, AY
Originally Posted by synd
if i fly RJ in C and have QR plat, will the OW E lounges bill RJ or QR for my use of them?
To my knowledge, the issuer of the Status pays the cost. At least so it works is Star Alliance. That means the bill goes to QR.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by tiltslope
To my knowledge, the issuer of the Status pays the cost. At least so it works is Star Alliance. That means the bill goes to QR.
Thanks that what I am hoping for. Just want to lounge hop as much as possible before my status expire, heck will go to the airport 30-45 min earlier to just pop in to every OW lounge there are for a glass of water!
NoY and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Dear Follow members,

Cheers
Well i seriously doubt the high management at QR actually cares about our opinion.
They will react in a few month, when they ll see their revenue drop and wonder why ....

In the meantime, i plan to enjoy the empty J cabins during my 10 upcoming redemption flights segments (all booked pre devaluation), and to rub salt into QR wounds by drinking as much champagne as i can

Last edited by Alfredbali; Jun 3, 2018 at 5:46 pm
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: QR:PLAT, AT:GOLD, LH:GOLD, AF: C2000, EK:PLAT; LH:P+P, AF:QBIZ, QR:QMICE.
The usual members email and a copy to Tell-us: [email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.