Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by rviktor
They sent emails to members with the information below:

Dear valued Qbiz member,
After careful consideration and to be able to serve you better, we have decided to close Qbiz and soon introduce a more rewarding loyalty program.
All of your utilised tickets* until 23 May 2018 will continue to earn Qmiles and you can continue to redeem your Qmiles balance until 17 May 2019, 23:59 HRS GMT+3.
If part of your Qmiles balance is expiring on 31st December 2018, 23:59 HRS GMT+3, please redeem them before this date.
Any remaining Qmiles balance after 17 May 2019, 23:59 HRS GMT+3 will be forfeited.
We would like to thank you for your continuous loyalty and support to Qatar Airways’ Qbiz program; we look forward to welcoming you on board our new program soon.
They closed the corporate loyalty without having an alternative in place? Mind blown. I cannot grasp what QR is up to. Screwing everyone that has been the most loyal with this and the massive depreciation overnight without warning. I hope someone replies with some sort of reason that makes sense.
pstation, Yenakad, mpkz and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Platinum - AccorHotel Platinum - Sixt Platinum
Also disappointed

I am now Platinum with +- 350.000 miles and 100 Qpoints
I'm also disappointed and I guess that I just want to express it here so maybe I'll feel understood

1/ Prices for business class tickets have like doubled from BRU since a year. Seems to be the same from CDG and also in eco.
Needs 3k now when I've never paid more than 2k in the last 3 years... remembered to pay less than 6K for 4 return tickets BRU-CGK 2 years ago!

2/ There is only one flight now from BRU instead of two and consequence is that layover are most of the time ridiculously long (3 hours + vs max 2 hours before).
QR offers cheaper (not a lot) flights from AMS but then I need to take the train... first flight is a train ride.

3/ No UAE flights anymore so just paid 3k for EK business ticket a few days ago to DXB...

4/ After years of being loyal to QR and being now Platinum, I'm really disappointed when I see those "improvements" for the sake of "all members"... what a joke... especially the miles required for tickets and upgrades... and miles + cash option is ridiculous, you need like all your 300.000 miles and then still pay 90% of the normal ticket.
With EK they simply offer you to lower the price with your miles at the paying process and doing so don't make a special in your xxx Qmiles award rate!
Got First class EK tickets BRU - PEK for 3.700€ + 44.000 miles from god knows when instead of +- 4.100€... => if it was the same for QR I would fly to SIN in august for free... but no, I need to pay expensive eco to be sure to be able to cancel if no upgrades are available as I still don't see anyway to check award upgrades available.

Anyway, I'm going to the cheaper tickets now and won't take into account the QR loyalty anymore, I don't like their prices and mentality anymore. They don't respect their loyal members but just think we are loyal subjects (royal sujets in French, don't know if it translates like that in English).
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Continuing with my personal protest...yes I know it will not help, but I´ll continue ;-)
After EK for end of June, I just booked TG for August, both in business class and both EUR - BKK - EUR (I am usually going once or twice a month) and both considerable cheaper than QR. And I will let know QRPC every time about my changed booking behaviour(with attaching the other tickets), in case of any email exchange (at the moment I do have some ongoing mails).

If QR comes up with a considerable promo fare, I may take them as well (inflight product is great, except at LATAM lease), but I will NOT stick to them as I did the past 5 years.
beepee, synd, Bring and 4 others like this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by Traveller999
Continuing with my personal protest...yes I know it will not help, but I´ll continue ;-)
After EK for end of June, I just booked TG for August, both in business class and both EUR - BKK - EUR (I am usually going once or twice a month) and both considerable cheaper than QR. And I will let know QRPC every time about my changed booking behaviour(with attaching the other tickets), in case of any email exchange (at the moment I do have some ongoing mails).

If QR comes up with a considerable promo fare, I may take them as well (inflight product is great, except at LATAM lease), but I will NOT stick to them as I did the past 5 years.
like you i voted with my wallet booked on EK16/384 next week unfortunately only cattle class might buy an upgrade from DXB to BKK if the price is right

and booked in November LHR BKK in BA pey ive been looking at pricing on UK BKK on QR despite them running half empty flights prices are high for any buckets above O T W which have crap accrual rates

as I'm about to drop to silver from platinum i can decide next week if EK is good for me but baec looks a non brainer to achieve status
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Platinum - AccorHotel Platinum - Sixt Platinum
I should also choose where to put my miles for our next BA flights... 4 people (family members), First class BRU-IAD JKF-BRU + other AA regional flights.

Other thing that I noticed yesterday is that some flights have very different mileage accrual at very similar prices but with very few concrete miles difference like AMS instead of BRU or CDG...

Just checked in my emails, it cost me
- 5.789€ in 01/2016 for 4 return tickets (2 adults - 2 under 12) - BRU-CGK - Business I in july 2016 => 7.800€ for same flight today with actual FLYPREMIUM promo
- 7.429€ in 07/2017 for 4 return tickets (2 adults - 2 under 12) - CDG-DPS - Busness R in august 2017 => 10.992€ for same flight today with FLYPREMIUM promo
=> That combined with less service with award upgrades + extra cost and definitely no extra consideration being Platinum (always wondered why WiFi was not free for Platinum members...) I'll stick with the best deal no matter the company as long as it's 4 or 5* skytrax.

I think I'll do like Traveler999 and send my last Cathay tickets and coming EK - BA - ... tickets to QR but 100% no one will care.
Yenakad and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by QD_BRU
.....I think I'll do like Traveler999 and send my last Cathay tickets and coming EK - BA - ... tickets to QR but 100% no one will care.
Great - do it!
yes, they may not care about, but maybe they will start to think if they get more and more of such mails...
Hope dies last ;-)
beepee, Yenakad and QD_BRU like this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Great - do it!
yes, they may not care about, but maybe they will start to think if they get more and more of such mails...
Hope dies last ;-)
It's not going to do you any harm or worsen an already dire situation. It may get them to rethink certain recent changes.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by spec119
as I'm about to drop to silver from platinum . . .
No soft landing?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: QR Plat (ret)
This will be my new style as well, still like the hard & soft products (although amenity kits have declined a bit with the Brics series of oddly colored bags & socks). There seems to recently have been an attempt to renew J catering a bit, which is welcome (although I never had a really poor meal in J).

This will inevitably lead to very poor revenue from Bring, as I will just be poaching the deep discount promo fares, with any "loyalty" aspect out of the window. This is not rocket science so it makes you wonder a bit WHY? Is the gamble that organic growth will offset the lost business from (soon to be) ex-plats like me? Might work..if world economic growth keeps up.. If not?
GalaxyChris and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
No soft landing?
QRPC has sort of soft landing due to the fact that if you qalify for tier N in year 1, you will automatically have enough Qpoints to qualify for tier N-1 in year 2. For example, to reach Platinum, you need 600 Qpoints within one year. To qualify for Gold, you either need 300 Qpoints in one year or 540 Qpoints in 2 years.
However, you can also qualify for platinum by getting 1080 Qpoints within 2 years. So in theory, you could earn 1080 Qpoints within 1 year, therefore qualify for Platinum for 2 years and after those 2 years drop from Platinum to zilch (Burgundy) if you haven't earned enough points for another status.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:36 am

Thank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.

We apologize for the delay in replying to you and inconvenience caused.

We extremely regret about your dissatisfaction towards our services, we will take your comments and your case very positively to enhance our services.

However, as you are aware, Qatar Airways reserves the right to amend any Qmile or Qcredit redemption levels, as well as the amount of any fees it charges, at any time and without any prior notice.

We thank you for your understanding and co-operation in this regard.

Do let us know if we can assist you any further.

Sincerely,

Privilege Club Team
Traveller999 likes this.

Last edited by msm2000uk; Jun 11, 2018 at 4:37 pm
Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by tboons

We apologize for the delay in replying to you and inconvenience caused.

We extremely regret about your dissatisfaction towards our services, we will take your comments and your case very positively to enhance our services.

However, as you are aware, Qatar Airways reserves the right to amend any Qmile or Qcredit redemption levels, as well as the amount of any fees it charges, at any time and without any prior notice.

We thank you for your understanding and co-operation in this regard.

Do let us know if we can assist you any further.

Sincerely,

Privilege Club Team
Oh yes, if have that one in my selection as well...
There is absolutely NO willing from side of QR, to listen to their customers or Blöcke up with a constructive answer...that’s it...I hope they will get the bill!

Last edited by msm2000uk; Jun 11, 2018 at 4:37 pm
Old Jun 10, 2018, 7:25 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
QRPC just updated their dedicated website with a new design and login interface and... you guessed it, it doesn't work! After logging in [now with a 'Remember Me' option that saves your login name/number], it goes to the home page and you click on the upper right tab, which is slightly redesigned, but clicking on 'My dashboard' routes me back to the homepage. I'm able to edit my profile but again, totally unable to see the dashboard itself due to the re-route to the homepage every time.

Amazing how bad QR mucks up the small things. A whale falling onto a keyboard could do a better job getting a website up and running.

khabah
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by tboons
...We apologize for the delay in replying to you and inconvenience caused.
....Privilege Club Team
Nooooo please .... No more enhancement.....
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:00 am
Suspended

The new website is a joke.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.qatarairways.com/" on this server.Reference #18.5a9b7b5c.1528639229.2cc3d299

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.