Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Nine month ago you could have changed your ticket in 30 mn (one phone call) instead of 4 days.
Lets not forget how Qatar Airways betrayed it's customers with the so called QRPC enhancements.
SullyofDoha and Traveller999 like this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Nine month ago you could have changed your ticket in 30 mn (one phone call) instead of 4 days.
Lets not forget how Qatar Airways betrayed it's customers with the so called QRPC enhancements.
Indeed, did exactly that last year.

Who on earth thinks the current situation is an improvement??? If you're listening QR, please please revert back to the way you were. It wasn't perfect, but hells bells, it was a world better than it is now.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:10 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Plans changed, and had to change a mileage award ticket by one day. OK, you can't change an award ticket; you have to cancel and rebook. Problem was that phone agent told me that it would take "up to 40 days" to get the miles back into my account, and I didn't have enough miles to buy the new ticket without the ones from the refund. OK, got online, cancelled my QR ticket and made other arrangements (on AA/CX).

Happy to say that that was just four days ago, and the miles are now back in my QR account. Speedy service, just wish that it was a bit more predictably speedy!
I would not evaluate this as "speedy" ....
Grace B likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Just a data point - highlights how much Qmiles have been devalued
Last Dec. I redeemed an award ticket in Y for SIN-DOH-LAX return/round trip for 90,000 miles + S$90 in fees & taxes
Last night, I checked award availability for July 2019 & it has shot up to 160,000 miles + S$300 in fees & taxes
And this was on the saver/non flexi award level, with the flexi awards being double & in J, 500,000 miles
In perspective, one can book the same trip in Y saver for S$1,110 currently at the "Asian Games Special Sale"

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-sg/o...ian-games.html

So my question is are Qmiles that valuable a currency or does elite status benefits matter more?
If I were to travel in J, it wouldn't make much of a difference, would it?
I've renewed Gold for 2019 & I won't have any problems doing the same for 2020. I won't reach Platinum tier & I don't intend to.

p/s I can't even use my Qcredits which are due to expire in Nov. for upgrades unless I purchase a ridiculously high Flexi fare & 40 Qcredits are ONLY enough to upgrade 1 sector SIN-DOH or vv only
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Nah, it's ok, you can forget about that. Just forget about QRPC altogether...
NoY, JC880 and Alfredbali like this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by kaffir76
p/s I can't even use my Qcredits which are due to expire in Nov. for upgrades unless I purchase a ridiculously high Flexi fare & 40 Qcredits are ONLY enough to upgrade 1 sector SIN-DOH or vv only
Buying a Saver fare would be enough (even if booking in O or T), no need to buy a flexi fare.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
...So my question is are Qmiles that valuable a currency or does elite status benefits matter more?
My personal valuation of Qmiles went down from 1,5 ct (usd ct) to 0,7ct following this year's enhancements.

Gold and Platinum QRPC status is not very valuable anymore, as you get access to subpar QR lounges, and the value of earning Qcredits and bonus Qmiles is now very poor following Qatar Airways miles devaluation.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: QR Plat
So my question is are Qmiles that valuable a currency or does elite status benefits matter more?
I've renewed Gold for 2019 & I won't have any problems doing the same for 2020. I won't reach Platinum tier & I don't intend to.
The only real benefit of being QRPC platinum are OW emerald benefits with other airlines (cant think of any benefits when flying QR). I fly a lot of CX and JL in economy - having access to their first class is a fantastic benefit.
ashbjr, kaffir76 and Alfredbali like this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:22 am

Just received an email announcing that as of today reward tickets are now changeable for a fee. Applies to QR and partner awards. I'm in the UAE at the moment so can't click through to see how much the fees are, perhaps someone else could add these please?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: QR Plat (ret)
Originally Posted by makrom
Just forget about QRPC altogether...
Done.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: qatar
I hope platinum and gold will skip the change fee as before
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: QR platinum
CabinBooking fee* (per sector** booked)Economy$25Business$50First$75To know how many Qmiles are required for an award ticket, visit our Qcalculator page.

* Booking fee is applicable only when issuing new award bookings on Qatar Airways flights.

**A sector is a portion/leg of a journey. For example, a journey from London - Doha - Bangkok is considered as two sectors.

● Booking fee is not applicable for changes on award bookings on Qatar Airways and partner airlines.

● Booking fee is non-refundable and excludes taxes as well as surcharges

● Effective 4th September 2018, changes are permitted with applicable change fees to all unutilized or partly utilized award tickets on Qatar Airways and partner airlines1.

● For changes on award tickets, no additional Qmiles will be collected irrespective of the date of issue.

● For promotional tickets, changes are permitted within the offer period. For changes done after the offer period, difference in Qmiles will apply.

● Other tax difference (if any) will also be applicable.

● This policy applies to all award tickets issued based on previous and/or revised Qmiles requirements.

1 For unutilized & partially used ticket, change of route within same region is permitted. For one-way travel: Only destination within the same region can be changed; origin change is not permitted. For round trip: Only turnaround point, within the same region can be changed; origin change is not permitted. Please note that sector change is not permitted for partner airline bookings.
goliath likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
Just received an email announcing that as of today reward tickets are now changeable for a fee. Applies to QR and partner awards. I'm in the UAE at the moment so can't click through to see how much the fees are, perhaps someone else could add these please?
Economy $25
Business $50
First $75
This part here could be interesting:
"For changes on award tickets, no additional Qmiles will be collected irrespective of the date of issue. "
This is perhaps nice to hear for those lucky enough to book award tickets before the "enhancement".
goliath likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:45 am

Thanks beepee and makrom
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by makrom
Economy $25
Business $50
First $75
This part here could be interesting:
"For changes on award tickets, no additional Qmiles will be collected irrespective of the date of issue. "
This is perhaps nice to hear for those lucky enough to book award tickets before the "enhancement".
Its not clear if the new change fee and the booking fee are the same amount. Per award ticket or award segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.