Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:42 am

what you could do is to produce a statement of your last 12 or 24 month activity and explain, as though to a child, how you have qualified for Gold and that they should accord you that status. it might take quite some time, and the emails would be frustrating, but always worth a shot.
Richard Bell likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by sluneckov
Has anyone suceed in booking award flight on partner airlines through QRPC ? The new searching tool looks pretty good and even shows available flights.
Unfortunately, these are just existing flights, not necessarily available flights.
I noticed when searching for F flights and selecting planes that have no F, it still shows the F price. So pretty sure they don't actually check for availability.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by jah718
They are now saying that I did not meet all the requirements, ....
Are they correct?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Are they correct?
It would seem they are in that I did not meet the minimum 20% q points on QR, however, the point is that my dashboard said I had met all requirements, so I didn't think I needed to do any more flights. I did a mileage run last month, and would have done it on QR, had I known I needed more, however, since that section of my dashboard said I had already met that criteria, I decided to do it on BA. I have no issue that I didn't meet the criteria, the issue I have is being misled to think I had met it when I had not. Additionally, why did my dashboard congratulate me on renewing gold when I hadn't met the criteria?

On an unrelated note, the new dashboard is dreadful, it is visually more appealing, but it has much less information than the old one. It also still doesn't say I need to do more legs on QR, it just says how many Q points I need.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: QATAR PRIVILEGE CLUB
I was able to benefit of the only "enhancement" introduced after 27th May: being Economy Flexi fare I was able to upgrade Y to J for 20.000 Qmiles instead of 25.000 (FCO-DOH).

The annoying thing is that i tried and tried online the week before my departure, sent several emails but I was only able to upgrade at the Airport
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:32 am

It would seem they are in that I did not meet the minimum 20% q points on QR, however, the point is that my dashboard said I had met all requirements, so I didn't think I needed to do any more flights. I did a mileage run last month, and would have done it on QR, had I known I needed more, however, since that section of my dashboard said I had already met that criteria, I decided to do it on BA. I have no issue that I didn't meet the criteria, the issue I have is being misled to think I had met it when I had not. Additionally, why did my dashboard congratulate me on renewing gold when I hadn't met the criteria?

On an unrelated note, the new dashboard is dreadful, it is visually more appealing, but it has much less information than the old one. It also still doesn't say I need to do more legs on QR, it just says how many Q points I need.
Just to be sure, you didn't have 4 QR segments either?
I understand your frustration but I'm afraid not much will be done.

Lessons learned:
1) Don't trust the dashboard. Or anything realetd to QR IT for that matter.
2) Use a different FFP, especially when rarely crediting QR flights. I have ~50% on QR and will still will use a different FFP from now on. After the last enhancements I just thought fool me 385 times, shame on you, fool me 386 times, shame on me.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

did a mileage run last month, and ... decided to do it on BA.
Good choice. I don't see any reason to credit to QRPC any more. There's nothing in it for us. It doesn't help with lounge access. I'm fairly certain that the earn/burn ratio is now the worst in OneWorld. I still fly QR because the J product is great, comparable to F on most other carriers, certainly on any other OneWorld carrier (for example, QR J beats BA F hands down IMO). The pricing is good if one buys smart during the sales. But now I credit to AAdvantage. And, TBH, QR probably prefers it that way. IMO what they might lose in loyalty through QRPC defections they more than make up for by the superiority of the onboard product. I'm not sure how QRPC benefits the airline; and I would have to guess that management has been asking itself the same question.

You know the old B school saying, -- there are three ways to compete: 1) Have the best product, 2) have the lowest price, or 3) sell a unique product that customers cannot buy anywhere else. Seems to me that QR wins on #1 , and often on #2 , as well. It doesn't really need QRPC.
spec119 and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Amaranto1982
I was able to benefit of the only "enhancement" introduced after 27th May: being Economy Flexi fare I was able to upgrade Y to J for 20.000 Qmiles instead of 25.000 (FCO-DOH).

The annoying thing is that i tried and tried online the week before my departure, sent several emails but I was only able to upgrade at the Airport
because there is no email-upgrade request. You can do it online in your account only and if not possible there because qr not open seat for upgrade in advance your last chance is the airport, which is possible if seats are available.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Or you can hope to perhaps receive an upgrade-offer email from QR, as well ?

For example, I recently flew CNX-DOH-LHR-DOH-CNX in Economy for B24k all-in, but did also receive emails one week beforehand offering an upgrade to Business for DOH-LHR & LHR-DOH sectors, for about another B30k each ! Which would have meant I'd paid some B35k in-total, to fly Business on the sector, which is far more than if I'd actually booked Business ... I didn't respond to their offer to 'enhance' my trip !

Offer me a discounted last-minute offer online, and I might consider it ?
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
..You know the old B school saying, -- there are three ways to compete: 1) Have the best product, 2) have the lowest price, or 3) sell a unique product that customers cannot buy anywhere else. Seems to me that QR wins on #1 , and often on #2 , as well. It doesn't really need QRPC.
But to plug a widening cash hole, QR was hoping to lose your number 2) attribute, and get out of the bling-on-the-cheap rut it had dug for itself.

That would put it in in a world where a functional FFP might be useful.

The airline appears to be implementing a higher fares policy - at least on routes I fly it now offers fares which are very run of the mill, and that's in business and economy. My last flight, back to Doha from Hanoi, was completely empty in business class and less than half the economy class seats were taken. The ticket was attractive because it got me directly into Penang, and directly back from Hanoi, at a price that was, well, meh. so I guess that was your number 3) attribute working.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:01 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
How the heck is one supposed to book partner reward flights

I can see the award chart but when clicking the book button it just asks me to login in! I had already logged in. But I do it again it and then goes to my dashboard! Erm...

I am only doing this to burn my pile of 200,000 useless QR pesos so that I can move on to more fruitful pastures & boy are they making it tough Thanks!
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by NoY
How the heck is one supposed to book partner reward flights

I can see the award chart but when clicking the book button it just asks me to login in! I had already logged in. But I do it again it and then goes to my dashboard! Erm...

I am only doing this to burn my pile of 200,000 useless QR pesos so that I can move on to more fruitful pastures & boy are they making it tough Thanks!
I'm annoyingly smug about avoiding QR's FFP and crediting everything to BAEC. So I'm largely ignorant about the QR programme - but can you use your healthy balance to book hotels?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:26 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'm annoyingly smug about avoiding QR's FFP and crediting everything to BAEC. So I'm largely ignorant about the QR programme - but can you use your healthy balance to book hotels?
I have moved back to BAEC & will be Gold by September IIRC - lost revenue to QR
I could book hotels I suppose but I don’t want/need to!
Any assistance in booking Partner Awards will be much appreciated....
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
should be possible to transfer your QRPC points to Le Club Accor. think this can be done online. have seen it somewhere in my QRPC account. just dont remember where ...
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoY
I have moved back to BAEC & will be Gold by September IIRC - lost revenue to QR
If you're still flying QR but just crediting to another program (what I'm doing), I don't see that as lost revenue to QR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.