Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:42 pm

Anyone up for starting a QR QC team?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:43 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
NBO DOH PER QCredits needed to upgrade 2 pax from J to F is 88. For one pax is 63. How does that make sense?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
NBO DOH PER QCredits needed to upgrade 2 pax from J to F is 88. For one pax is 63. How does that make sense?
That's easy, drop to Gold, get 40 Qcredits, go up to Platinum again and get another 60. Then again there is no F from NBO to DOH anyway.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
Well since the recent enhancements not much makes sense at Qatar Airways Privilege Club.. .

I also noticed that one redemption ticket for 2 segments combined (eg. CDG>DOH>DPS) cost more miles than the 2 separate redemption tickets (eg. CDG>DOH + DOH>DPS)...
Traveller999 and QD_BRU like this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
The expiry date thing has always been like that, at least IME. I believe that the expiry date shown is the regularly scheduled date on which the miles would expire if you weren't PLT. Again, that's how it has worked on the displays for my account.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: QR platinum
My qcalculator gives the same amount for business class award, 290000 combined. , 2 separate award tickets Cdg - Doha 116000 Doha -Dps 174000

upgrading with Qcredits. Cdg-Doha-Dps economy to Business separate Doha - Dps. 78 Qcredits Doha -Cdg 56 Qcredits or 134 together while combined only 92 Qcredits
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by beepee
My qcalculator gives the same amount for business class award, 290000 combined. , 2 separate award tickets Cdg - Doha 116000 Doha -Dps 174000

upgrading with Qcredits. Cdg-Doha-Dps economy to Business separate Doha - Dps. 78 Qcredits Doha -Cdg 56 Qcredits or 134 together while combined only 92 Qcredits
You're right , i noticed the discrepancy 2 days ago, most probably my bad (wrong calculation or reading).
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:54 pm

Qpoints decrease in many routes

Qpoints also decrease in some routes:

for QR, from HKG, CAN, BKK to DOH are all decreased by 6-10. (Eg, O class now earning 10, and it was 13 before)

for other OW airlines such as CX, JL, Qpoints all decrease by 25-30%.

Now it is really a right time to say Goodbye.
Bring likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: QR Gold, HH Diamond, Melia Gold, Accor Silver, Amex Plat AT
Originally Posted by kwoonkay

for QR, from HKG, CAN, BKK to DOH are all decreased by 6-10. (Eg, O class now earning 10, and it was 13 before)

I would have stayed with QRPC, but now its more difficult to retain status too...additionally as a reward for the lower mileage credit.
Doesn't make sense to stay with QRPC any more.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by kwoonkay

I agree for HKG but DOH-BKK was already 10 Qpoints in W,O,T classes since the previous « enhancements » 2 years ago. So there’s no decrease on that route.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by trader_81
I would have stayed with QRPC, but now its more difficult to retain status too...additionally as a reward for the lower mileage credit.
Doesn't make sense to stay with QRPC any more.
Also my opinion. QRPC just became one of the worst loyalty program, with redemption rates going through the roof and lame customer service.

Additionally the way Qatar Airways chose to make the change overnight without warning shows the total disrespect they have for their (most loyal) customers.

​​
synd, Bring and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

It must be awful to work in Qatar Airways' PC team, and a lack of any communication and a gluggy untested Q calculator (which needs more clicking to see anything...totally un-user friendly) demonstrates chaos at QRHQ. So BA cheapie O fares retain their 5 qcredits within Europe, but Cathay drops a lot, as does JL as mentioned above. Still, no communication on such 'enhancements'.

Yet, despite all this, I stay loyal: cheap BA weekender fares, descent long-haul J fares from time to time, Qcredits and oneworld perks.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by spec119
maybe they will gift me LOL i reckon I'll be BAEC silver soon when QRPC confirmed the transfer of my Q miles to accor i commented that's the divorce sorted
i should have been downgraded to silver today i only had 196 Q points but they just downgraded me to gold and have really useful 40 Q credits

having said that I recently flew LGW DXB in biz and DXB BKK in Y I have to admit EK wasn't even close to QR and EK business class very underwhelming
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
i should have been downgraded to silver today i only had 196 Q points but they just downgraded me to gold and have really useful 40 Q credits

having said that I recently flew LGW DXB in biz and DXB BKK in Y I have to admit EK wasn't even close to QR and EK business class very underwhelming
maybe finally QRCP is trying to do something to keep their loyal customers? But somehow I doubt it...
I will have EK in business from MUC - DXB - BKK end of next week, let’s see how it is...
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: QATAR PRIVILEGE CLUB

I thought it was a common practice to downgrade by 1 tier only...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.