Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:51 pm

March

Hi, we have a 17-hour layover from 1 PM to 7 AM in March 2020. Looks like the Stopover program has been extended into 2020, would love to get suggestions of which hotel to stay at? In the brief research I've done would love to check out the two museums, souq, enjoy a pool/beach area and have some good meals.

Thanks
Veer
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Veer Jugpal
Hi, we have a 17-hour layover from 1 PM to 7 AM in March 2020. Looks like the Stopover program has been extended into 2020, would love to get suggestions of which hotel to stay at? In the brief research I've done would love to check out the two museums, souq, enjoy a pool/beach area and have some good meals.
If you have status with any of the chains, I'd suggest staying there. You won't earn points on +Qatar bookings, but usually the hotel will extend status benefits.

I don't recall reading anything bad about any of the hotels. Personally, I always stay at the Hilton because I have status and so get free breakfast, lounge access, and nice upgrades. Also, they have a beach. I think most hotels in Doha have a pool. But I think you'll enjoy any of them. If you don't have status, maybe stay at the one that would otherwise be most expensive?

Last edited by anabolism; Nov 9, 2019 at 5:22 pm Reason: Edited to add that I think most hotels in Doha have a pool.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist

Thanks
Veer
Just a word of warning: If you want to make sure you really end up at the hotel you’re choosing do not use the QR stopover program.

I had chosen the Hyatt for my status there and the beach location. I recently was told by QR that they rebooked me without asking me first into the Tivoli Souq Boutique.

As you can see in my story above it was ok, but if you want to avoid any surprises just book the hotel at full price. Prices in Doha are very reasonable.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Chris0815
Just a word of warning: If you want to make sure you really end up at the hotel you’re choosing do not use the QR stopover program.

I had chosen the Hyatt for my status there and the beach location. I recently was told by QR that they rebooked me without asking me first into the Tivoli Souq Boutique.

As you can see in my story above it was ok, but if you want to avoid any surprises just book the hotel at full price. Prices in Doha are very reasonable.
Thanks for the heads up! I don't even see the Hyatt as an option for my dates. Looking on Booking most hotels are over 200 per night, feels like a bit much when this offers a room for 25 - 30.

Originally Posted by anabolism
If you have status with any of the chains, I'd suggest staying there. You won't earn points on +Qatar bookings, but usually the hotel will extend status benefits.

I don't recall reading anything bad about any of the hotels. Personally, I always stay at the Hilton because I have status and so get free breakfast, lounge access, and nice upgrades. Also, they have a beach. I think most hotels in Doha have a pool. But I think you'll enjoy any of them. If you don't have status, maybe stay at the one that would otherwise be most expensive?
Good call with the status, however, Hilton doesn't show up as an option.

Cheers!
Old Nov 9, 2019, 6:11 pm

Hilton doesn't show up as an option.
It looks like they've severely cut back the hotels; there used to be page after page of them, and I have booked the Hilton more than once under the +Qatar program. You can try checking the Hilton or another preferred property using any corporate affiliation or the MVP or such, sometimes those work. One option would be to book a hotel on your own, not through +Qatar, using a refundable rate, and keep checking +Qatar as it gets closer to the end of the year, to see if the Hilton or some other chain you like has been re-added. Once you make a +Qatar booking you can't change it. In past years, the program wasn't extended into the new year until fairly late in December, as I recall; to me, that suggests that the participating hotels might similarly be refreshed towards the end of the year.
FlyingKansan likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: Baec
Which hotel would people suggest if I don't want a dry one, would like to go for a dip in the sea and relax on the beach a little? January if that helps.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by thinkingallowed
Which hotel would people suggest if I don't want a dry one, would like to go for a dip in the sea and relax on the beach a little? January if that helps.
I've stayed many times at the Hilton, which has a beach (with a floating dock if you'd like something to swim to, climb on, and jump off of) and pool with loungers, umbrellas, staff to fetch refreshments, etc. However, I'm sure there are multiple hotels that also have beaches and such, and as reported, the Hilton doesn't seem to be one of the +Qatar hotels at present (although it has been in the past and could be again).
Old Nov 11, 2019, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by thinkingallowed
If it helps, here is a list of all the non dry beach hotels! I know some of these have and never will be on the +Qatar list of hotels!

- Hilton
- Sharq Village (Ritz)
- Sheraton
- Intercontinental
- St Regis
- Kempinski
- Grand Hyatt

The Marriott and Four Seasons are currently closed as they are undergoing refurbishment.
thinkingallowed likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Hey all, a few quick questions. So as a us citizen, I don’t need to apply for a transit visa and should have visa-free entry, correct? Second, if one enters Qatar on the stopover program, and if one has visa-free entry rights, will the immigration officers still stamp ones passport? (Many countries just give you a printed slip)
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by fender5787
Hey all, a few quick questions. So as a us citizen, I don’t need to apply for a transit visa and should have visa-free entry, correct? Second, if one enters Qatar on the stopover program, and if one has visa-free entry rights, will the immigration officers still stamp ones passport? (Many countries just give you a printed slip)
1) Yes, USA citizens are allowed visa free entry:

When traveling on a U.S. tourist passport, the Government of Qatar does not require prior visa arrangements and travelers may obtain a free visa waiver upon arrival, provided the traveler has six months validity in their passport and a return or onward ticket. The waiver is valid for thirty days from the date of issuance and entitles the holder to spend up to thirty days in Qatar, or multiple entries during the 30-day validity.
2) You get stamped both when entering and exiting the country. Or at least I do with a UK passport, blue stamp + white sticker on entry and red stamp on exit.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
......will the immigration officers still stamp ones passport? (Many countries just give you a printed slip)
Are those many countries Israel? I've never met this anywhere else: perhaps I've lived a sheltered life
Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Are those many countries Israel? I've never met this anywhere else: perhaps I've lived a sheltered life
I’ve experienced this for Israel, along with Cuba, S. korea, and Colombia. I think there are a handful of other countries that do this. It’s not a big deal for me, just rather not have to add another stamp to the dwindling number of stamp free passport pages I have left, especially for only a 12-13 hour layover.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I’ve experienced this for Israel, along with Cuba, S. korea, and Colombia. I think there are a handful of other countries that do this. It’s not a big deal for me, just rather not have to add another stamp to the dwindling number of stamp free passport pages I have left, especially for only a 12-13 hour layover.
Yeah, having to beg immigrations officers to stamp tidily in spare corners gets a bit wearing

I almost got caught out in India where a tetchy officer insisted I was required to have two blank face-to-face pages. We settled on one more or less empty page and another half-filled one together with a dose of humble pie for me.

Colombia puts stamps in my passport. Doha will give you a neat little sticker AND a stamp, but they are usually an obliging lot and should be happy to place them carefully if you ask.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:29 pm

Any recommendations on the hotel? Which one has good pool?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by tboons
Any recommendations on the hotel? Which one has good pool?
In Doha, I've only been to the Hilton's pool, which is nice. It's large and has ample loungers, attendants to bring drinks or snacks, etc. There is also a beach with a floating dock thing you can swim to, climb on, and jump off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.