Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:37 pm

orbitmic as someone who has used the offer thank you for proving me wrong on both counts.
I do wonder if this particular topic is really relevant since there have been no reports of the No show fee actually being levied. Until that happens then we do not know how, or even if, it will be levied. As I have said several times the conditions appear to be less strictly administered in the +Qatar scheme than QR normally do.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by remdk
I do wonder if this particular topic is really relevant since there have been no reports of the No show fee actually being levied. Until that happens then we do not know how, or even if, it will be levied. As I have said several times the conditions appear to be less strictly administered in the +Qatar scheme than QR normally do.
Fully agree with you, I think it is quite OT in a thread where we have a lot of super useful information and topic for discussion (hoping for more if this is further extended as we all hope!! ). I think you are right too that this seems to be a case where several rules have been implemented "sensibly" rather than "strictly" which is nice to see and is a credit to QR I think! ^
Old Dec 29, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: British Airways
I have currently the option of the of selecting the following hotels. Any recommendations and does any offer a shuttle service from the airport to hotel and back.
Warwick Doha
Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel
Fraser Suites Doha
Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels
InterContinental Doha,The City
Old Dec 29, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by pumatwin
I have currently the option of the of selecting the following hotels. Any recommendations and does any offer a shuttle service from the airport to hotel and back.
Warwick Doha
Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel
Fraser Suites Doha
Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels
InterContinental Doha,The City
All I can say is that I really enjoyed the Souq Waqif on our last visit. My previous one, I stayed at the Sharq which was great, but is sadly no longer part of the promotion. No free transfer and note that you'll have to walk a few metres from street to reception as it is in the pedestrian part of the Souq but taxis and uber were very reasonably priced. It is a series of small boutique hotels so if you are looking for more 'standard' international style, however, you might prefer some of the others but I liked the style and in fact booked it again for our third layover in a few weeks.
pumatwin likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:13 am

pumatwin according to https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.c...a-9418826ded9c none of the hotels you list have free airport transfers.
If a hotel offers transfers then the text "--------------FREE AIRPORT TRANSFERS----------------" appears in the hotel description.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
It looks like there is a direct public bus from the aimport to the souk too. We plan to use this to get to the hotel as have a 5 month old and will be without a car seat.
pumatwin likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by remdk
pumatwin according to https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.c...a-9418826ded9c none of the hotels you list have free airport transfers.
That seems to be a dead link. Here's the link to +Qatar, including hotel partners.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
I have a hotel stop over booked at the Westin which is great. I'm confused by the Visa requirements, from memory when I went to Qatar about 10 years ago you had to pay for Visa entry when you got there. I see the visa waiver programs, but I hold a UK passport which isn't in the list on the web form. Based on the 'Visa-Free Entry' program at https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...0-countri.html does that mean you simply turn up without having to get a pre-approval or anything?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Sprodo
I have a hotel stop over booked at the Westin which is great. I'm confused by the Visa requirements, from memory when I went to Qatar about 10 years ago you had to pay for Visa entry when you got there. I see the visa waiver programs, but I hold a UK passport which isn't in the list on the web form. Based on the 'Visa-Free Entry' program at https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...0-countri.html does that mean you simply turn up without having to get a pre-approval or anything?
With a UK passport you don't need to do anything in advance. Enjoy the Westin it's a nice property.
Sprodo likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:40 am

Sprodo if you had continued reading the page you link to you would find " 43. United Kingdom " in list B. Just because the UK is not on the A list does not mean it is not there.
Sprodo likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
With a UK passport you don't need to do anything in advance. Enjoy the Westin it's a nice property.
Glad to hear that the Westin is nice - staying there soon on the +Qatar offer and I also enquired direct with the hotel about paying for an upgraded Club Pool View room and it was QR270 which I think is a good deal as it includes breakfast and evening canapes and drinks.

Edited to read QR270 for Club - King Pool VIew not QR280 as originally published. Definitely good value.

Last edited by Brighterside; Jan 10, 2018 at 3:05 pm
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:12 am

Stopping over in Qatar soon. Did anybody do one of the desert tours? Are they worthwhile or is it better to rent a car yourself?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
All I can say is that I really enjoyed the Souq Waqif on our last visit.
Happy to hear. If I remember correctly, I recommended it to you, didn’t I?
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist

Happy to hear. If I remember correctly, I recommended it to you, didn’t I?
You did indeed and gave me most useful suggestions on which of the Souq Waqif properties to go for! ^ Thanks again!!
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
You did indeed and gave me most useful suggestions on which of the Souq Waqif properties to go for! ^ Thanks again!!
Good to hear as i'm staying in the Souq on the way out and Westin on the way back. At the Souq, I requested a room in Al Mirqab which I seem to remember has the pool?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.