Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Interlining (Baggage)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: qr
As a data point QR check in staff tagged my bags through to London ( separate PNR ) with BA from my BKK to HEL flight today. I am half way through the journey so time will tell if the bag makes it through to Lhr, though learning from a previous time in Austria I will double check with BA when I get to HEL . Staff at BKK were extremely helpful and saw no issues in doing this and even issued me with my BA boarding pass. I did ask BA to do the same from LHR on the way out and got a firm computer says no .
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by tav1989
I did ask BA to do the same from LHR on the way out and got a firm computer says no .
Per the main oneworld thread, this would indeed be per their policy, though interesting they have a block programmed on their system now:
Bag interlining issues and OW policy changes (Combined threads)
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 6:40 am

Last update checked bags and transit BP from HEL to BA flight all worked and bag arrived T3 with me so very pleased and transit through HEL was very easy and well signposted.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Silver
Looking for help with the below itinerary. I have this booked on one ticket/PNR:

BA 6191 21NOV DACDOH 0825 1140 OPERATED BY QATAR AIRWAYS
BA 7001 21NOV DOHLHR 1300 1730 OPERATED BY QATAR AIRWAYS

I need to be in Newcastle on 21st Night. So going to book below separate ticket/PNR:

BA 1338 21NOV LHRNCL 1940 2055 OPERATED BY BRITISH AIRWAYS

As this gives me only 2.40 to get from T4 to T5 im wondering if at DAC QR will check my bag to NCL? Then I can just use the airside transfer to T5 from T4 and not have to collect bags/enter UK/ take train to T5 in a rush.

Basically its the fact its ticketed BA and not QR that is throwig me in doubt.

Many thanks.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Hate_Fokker50s
Indeed they initially refused to interline at BKK this week on separate PNRs QR BKK- DOH-HEL and BA HEL-LHR all in J. Only after showing the check in agent and the supervisor their website on my phone, them taking a photo of it(!) and some 20 mins later they linked the PNRs (which must have taken all of 30 secs) and checked me and my bag all the way through to LHR.
Please could you send me the link on qatar website which states as im having trouble finding it.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 1210mk2
Looking for help with the below itinerary. I have this booked on one ticket/PNR:

BA 6191 21NOV DACDOH 0825 1140 OPERATED BY QATAR AIRWAYS
BA 7001 21NOV DOHLHR 1300 1730 OPERATED BY QATAR AIRWAYS

I need to be in Newcastle on 21st Night. So going to book below separate ticket/PNR:

BA 1338 21NOV LHRNCL 1940 2055 OPERATED BY BRITISH AIRWAYS

As this gives me only 2.40 to get from T4 to T5 im wondering if at DAC QR will check my bag to NCL? Then I can just use the airside transfer to T5 from T4 and not have to collect bags/enter UK/ take train to T5 in a rush.

Basically its the fact its ticketed BA and not QR that is throwig me in doubt.

Many thanks.
They should through check it according to their website in the below link.

Originally Posted by 1210mk2
Please could you send me the link on qatar website which states as im having trouble finding it.
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/abou.../oneworld.html
stephenjc likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 3:04 pm

Managed to get bags interlined in Tokyo yesterday for HAN - DOH - BUD with Qatar followed by BUD - LHR booked separately on BA. Initially the check in staff said they couldn’t check the bags through so we’d have to pick up our bags and check in for the BA flight in BUD, but they immediately relented when I said that Qatar offered the service on their website. They did check there was sufficient transfer time in BUD, and referred to a Qatar manual (we had around 5 hours so it was no problem).

Was really quick and simple - received boarding passes for all 3 flights at Haneda, even though online check in hadn’t yet opened for the last flight, and the bags all made it!
purple1addict and ATCOlad like this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
How can I find out what the MCT is for AMS? Thanks
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ATCOlad
How can I find out what the MCT is for AMS? Thanks
MCT are not for airports, but by individual airlines depending on the flights.
What is your route/airlines?

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Oct 29, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:51 pm

Probbly best for you to ask in a dedicated thread:
MCT in AMS
(Oops...)

Last edited by crackjack; Nov 1, 2018 at 5:57 am
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
[QUOTE=Mwenenzi;30370641]MCT are not for airports, but by individual airlines depending on the flights.
DOH AMS LHR. QR to DOH and BA to LHR separate PNR. Just wondering what is the MCT QR will require to interline the luggage to LHR. We have 3 hours
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:49 pm

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
Hi, my wife and I are taking our first QR trip and I have a quick question about our return flight. We are travelling AKL-DOH-OSL, then on a separate ticket OSL-LHR with BA.I have read that checking in a bag all the way to London from Auckland should be possible. We are in business class on QR and economy on BA. We have a 2:50 connection at OSL, it was longer when we booked it but the QR flight times changed. I have purchased a ticket on BA that includes a checked in bag. From reading this forum some have mentioned having to prove to the check in staff at Auckland that they are in business on the BA sector. Is this right? I can upgrade that last sector but would rather not waste money on BA’s short haul business class.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by BigVince76
Hi, my wife and I are taking our first QR trip and I have a quick question about our return flight. We are travelling AKL-DOH-OSL, then on a separate ticket OSL-LHR with BA.I have read that checking in a bag all the way to London from Auckland should be possible. We are in business class on QR and economy on BA. We have a 2:50 connection at OSL, it was longer when we booked it but the QR flight times changed. I have purchased a ticket on BA that includes a checked in bag. From reading this forum some have mentioned having to prove to the check in staff at Auckland that they are in business on the BA sector. Is this right? I can upgrade that last sector but would rather not waste money on BA’s short haul business class.
hi as many have posted on this thread and others scattered around this forum have reported it’s a bit hit and miss with through check on separate pnrs. Some outstations do it no problem , some don’t know how to do it and others say they can’t. My recent experience was a breeze BKK to HEL onto London on BA. job was done at checkin at BKK in about 60 seconds. Interesting though they did double check what class I was travelling on BA and said they had to check weight allowance - I was travelling light so not an issue. In the good old days a few years ago I have two trips where I was very laden ( within allowance for QR) but not in 23 kgs for separate PNR ticket on BA back to LHR and they made no bones about it and my bags arrived in LHR with no issues. So it’s seems if you can find an agent / supervisor willing to do it you may have an issue if you over econ allowances , but you can factor in any one world status you may have .
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Marriot & SPG Platinum, Hilton, AClub gold, ICH
We could not get AKL to interline our luggage but that was over a year ago when they first started the route. We have since then been able to interline from BKK, CAN and SIN but have always been asked/double checked that the BA flight was J. You may be lucky but I wouldn’t count on it. I’ve never gone via OSL so don’t know how long it will take if you have to clear immigration and customs and recheck your luggage, so might be worth trying to find out how long it would take
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I have a flight this summer from SIN-DOH-ARN in J on QR and then a separate ticket on BA in Y from ARN-LHR the next day (land at 20:45 and depart some time the next day [not yet booked]) will this be okay to through check my bag as I do not want to bother with it overnight in ARN, the departure will be within 24 hours of landing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.