Search
Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Airbus A380: seating Q&A

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2016, 11:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow Airbus A380: seating Q&A

This thread is for all your questions (and answers) regarding the best, the worst, the noisiest, the quietest seats etc etc on board QR’s fleet of Airbus A380 aircraft.

The QR Source interactive seat maps: main deck and upper deck

Related thread discussions:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...c-members.html

Quick links to the full suite of QR seating Q&A threads:

Note: A320, A321, A330, and A340 threads will be launched in the near future

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 16, 2016 at 10:11 am Reason: Update QR Source link - thanks to remdk
Old Apr 2, 2016, 12:14 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
The First Class Cabin

First Class is located on the Upper Deck of the A380, and you will turn left once you walk on-board.

It comprises 8 seats, spread across 2 rows. The configuration is 1-2-1.

All of the seats are the same, and offer the same amount of legroom, seat space, and comfort levels.

The First Class cabin feels very bright, due to the lack of overhead compartments above the middle seats. As such however, it means that all 'larger' cabin baggage, needs to be placed into communal lockers at the front of the First Class cabin. Small items can fit beneath your ottoman.

A Solo Flyer
As a solo-flyer, the best seats are by the windows (1A, 1K, 2A, 2K). All four seats offer great views out of the windows.

It should be noted that those in Row 1, may find the noise from the bathrooms, and also from the cabin-baggage cupboard, tiresome. Personally I have had no noise issues, but some ears are more sensitive than mine! A heavy curtain separates the 'communal' area from the seats in Row 1, so there is minimal light intrusion.

It should be noted that those in Row 2, may find the noise from the galley, tiresome. Personally I have had no issues, but I have been disturbed by the light (from the galley) when the curtain is opened by the crew. The good news, is that no passengers will be walking past you, and from Row 2, you'll be the first off the plane.

A Couple
When travelling as a couple, the best seats are in the middle (1E, 1F, 2E, 2F). There is a large divider between the seats, so they are also good for a solo-flyer.

As a couple, you will be able to dine together (with one passenger sat on the ottoman), and you will have no issues talking with your partner from the comfort of your First Class seat.

Last edited by msm2000uk; Apr 4, 2016 at 3:39 am
Old Apr 2, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
The Business Class Cabin

Business Class is located on the Upper Deck of the A380, and you will turn right once you walk on-board.

It comprises 48 seats, spread across 12 rows. The configuration is 1-2-1. At the back of the Business Class cabin, is a communal bar area for Premium Class Passengers.

The cabin is quite lengthy, and can feel a little like a dormitory; it runs from Row 10 through to Row 22.

All of the seats are the same, and offer the same amount of legroom, seat space, and comfort levels. All seats offer direct-aisle access, with no need to step across anybody.

A Solo-Flyer
As a solo-flyer, the best seats are those by the windows (A and K). All of the A/K seats offer great views out of the windows.

It should be noted that those in Row 10, may find the noise from the bathrooms and galley, tiresome. Personally I have had no noise issues, but I have been disturbed by the light coming from the galley. A heavy curtain separates the 'communal' area from the seats in Row 10, but the crew do not always close the curtain. Furthermore, seats 10A and 10K, do tend to only be released once Check-In has opened (so do not worry if you cannot select these seats when you make your original booking).

Behind Row 22, the last row, are two bathrooms and the communal bar. Passengers seated in this Row, may be disturbed by the noise from the bathrooms, and the light/noise from the communal bar. Bear in mind, that you will also have people walking past you as they head to the bar. There is a heavy curtain to prevent light from entering the cabin (from the bar), and this is usually closed to limit disruption.

A Couple
When travelling as a couple, the best seats are in the middle (E and F). There is a divider between the seats, so they are also good for a solo-flyer.

As a couple, you may need to move your heads forward to talk to one-and-other from the comfort of your seat, but QR crew are able serve your meals so that you can eat at the same time.

Some FTers have indicated that they prefer sitting with one passenger behind the other, as the window seats do offer slightly more privacy due to their angle.

Bassinet
The bassinet positions are located at 10A and 10K - as recently confirmed by FT user Namlakhorn.

Last edited by msm2000uk; Aug 6, 2016 at 11:38 am
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:47 am

The Economy Class Cabin

Economy Class is located on both the Upper, and Lower (Main) Deck of the A380, totalling 461 seats.

Upper Deck
The Economy Class cabin comprises 56 seats on the Upper Deck, spread across 8 rows (Rows 25-32). The configuration is 2-4-2. The cabin is located at the back of the Upper Deck, behind the Premium Passenger Bar.

Boarding of this section, is undertaken through the Main Deck. Passengers then walk up the stairs at the back of the aircraft. That is not such an issue, however, disembarking is where the problem can be. Upon landing, passengers in the Upper Deck Economy Class cabin, are only permitted to leave the aircraft once all First and Business Class cabin passengers are off the aircraft. As such, this can be a lengthy process.

Seats in the cabin are designated for QRPC status cardholders (Silver, Gold, Platinum) and OneWorld status cardholders (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald). As such, if you are not one of these aforementioned cardholders, you will not be permitted to sit in this section - unless the Economy Class cabin on the Main Deck is full. This section is arguably the best Economy Class 'section' on the aircraft.

Most of the seats are the same, and offer the same amount of legroom, seat space, and comfort levels, however there are a few exceptions.

Row 25 has slightly more legroom due to the bulkhead, but may also be slightly noisier due to the Premium Passenger Bar.

Row 30, as it is situated just behind the 3rd set of doors on the Upper Deck, has additional legroom. While it may be a little colder than the other rows, due to air flowing from the door, the legroom makes it very comfortable.

Passengers sat in Row 32, the last row upstairs, may find these seats a little noisier than others, due to the rear galley, the bathrooms, and the staircase.

Main (Lower) Deck
The Economy Class cabin comprises 402 seats on the Main Deck, starting at Row 40, and ending at Row 83. The configuration is 3-4-3. The cabin occupies the entire lower-deck of the aircraft.

Boarding of this section, is understandably undertaken through the Main Deck.

Most of the seats are the same, and offer the same amount of legroom, seat space, and comfort levels, however there are a number of exceptions.

First, and foremost, the best-seat on the deck - 68D. As there is a hatch in the place of seat 67D, seat 68D has a substantial level of additional legroom. If you can select this seat, take it and enjoy!

Rows 40, 63 and 75 have additional legroom due to their placement behind the Doors. While they may be a little colder than the other rows, due to air flowing from the door ahead, the legroom makes them very comfortable.

Rows 48, 49, 61, 62, 73 and 74, have limited recline due to the galley being situated behind these rows. Furthermore, the light and noise from the galley (close to these rows), may be tiresome.

Rows 82 and 83, situated at the very back of the Main Deck of the aircraft, have limited recline ability, and are also noisier than others due to the galley and bathrooms. I would suggest you avoid these rows if possible.

Last edited by msm2000uk; Apr 4, 2016 at 12:05 pm
Old Apr 5, 2016, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
Upper deck economy window seats benefit from useful side storage bins. Better than trying to stuff all your belongings plus blanket, pillow, amenity kit, etc into the seat pocket. Also handy as an additional table area, although unsecured items may slide about.

Don't leave anything behind !
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: QR Gold
Aren't upper deck economy passengers the last to leave the aircraft? Potential problem if there is a tight connection.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:06 pm

Already mentioned in post #4. IME, there are only max 56 F and J people in front of you. You'd need to be in the first five or six rows of main deck Y to reduce that number.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:16 pm

flyyme it is usual for Y passengers on the upper deck to disembark through the J and f cabins when F and J passengers have disembarked. This appears to be the standard procedure now.

At the start if A380 services upper deck Y passengers often disembarked through the lower deck when all others had disembarked. There are no reports of this happening recently.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 1:21 pm

Apologies, I failed to make that distinction. I have always exited forward through the J cabin. Whether you also go through the F cabin depends on which door the jetway is attached to.

I had a late arrival and a short connection last year, and after pleading was allowed to disembark with the business passengers.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 3:14 am

Programs: Miles and More, BAEC
Will be flying with my Family of 4 Business in the A380.
Where is the bassinet loaction? Which seats do you recommend (Children will be 2.5yrs and 8month)
Unfortunaly I can't find any info about the bassinet Location.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by irishmanlev
Where is the bassinet loaction? Which seats do you recommend (Children will be 2.5yrs and 8month)
I may be mistaken, but I do not believe there are any bassinets in J on the A380.

M
Old Jun 9, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by irishmanlev
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I may be mistaken, but I do not believe there are any bassinets in J on the A380.

M
I'm not totally sure either. But if there are bassinets in J then they will be seats 10A and 10K.

You won't be able to select those in the seat map before arrival at the airport, so I would recommend giving QR a call to enquire and then reserve if they are indeed bassinets.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by purple1addict
I'm not totally sure either. But if there are bassinets in J then they will be seats 10A and 10K.

You won't be able to select those in the seat map before arrival at the airport, so I would recommend giving QR a call to enquire and then reserve if they are indeed bassinets.
I don't recall ever seeing any bassinet positions in 10A or 10K.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:52 pm

Programs: Executive Club, Skywards
Bassinets in business A380 and A330

Morning

Where are the bassinets located in business on the a380 and a330?

Also, cab they be reserved online or do you have to call to reserve?

Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2016, 12:13 am

avicov bassinet seats are row one for the A330s and there do not appear to be any on the A380. They are not shown on any A380 seat maps but one poster reports that they exist.

Bassinet seats are always blocked and un-assignable online. You must talk to QR about them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.