Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Morgo
Print Wikipost

Current QR Sale Fares

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 1:37 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
Sale, from Dublin, eg HKG at Eur2159 in J. Are these good fares?

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/of...motion-ie.page
It's a fairly standard price for UK departure points, so nothing too special.

Glad to see they have linked Dublin to the UK fares, meaning it will be beneficial if the Euro weakens.

M
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:04 am
pav

Programs: LH Sen, QR Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
It's a fairly standard price for UK departure points, so nothing too special.

Glad to see they have linked Dublin to the UK fares, meaning it will be beneficial if the Euro weakens.

M
I'd rather see it close to 1:1 like it was back in 2008/2009 (many shops offered par)
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by pav
I'd rather see it close to 1:1 like it was back in 2008/2009 (many shops offered par)
Alas, it appears those days are long gone...
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Last day for companion fare bookings is tomorrow (22nd). A few decent deals ex-MAD and ex-BCN e.g. €1499pp to CPT when booking for two.

Worth remembering post-April you will likely be on a LATAM A350 ex-MAD.

More details: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...l#post27937560
Old Feb 28, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: QR Plat
I'm still searching for random days outbound from OSL/ARN/CPH to BKK/SIN/HKG and I'm probably too accustomed too one sale too many. There has been sales both for two and singles, and I just don't even get the "promo" column in the ticketing pages up, and these days it seems to be nothing under 1.000€ per way from any reasonable combo of dep/dest.

For the last few weeks I've seen the prices creeping up from around 800€ to 1.000€, so I'm not ure where seats to various sales that have been advertised have been been made available.

Looking at other airlines (BA, AY, CX) it seems to be generally no cheap fares around. Am I the only one seeing this?

-A
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by ph-ndr
I'm still searching for random days outbound from OSL/ARN/CPH to BKK/SIN/HKG and I'm probably too accustomed too one sale too many. There has been sales both for two and singles, and I just don't even get the "promo" column in the ticketing pages up, and these days it seems to be nothing under 1.000€ per way from any reasonable combo of dep/dest.

For the last few weeks I've seen the prices creeping up from around 800€ to 1.000€, so I'm not ure where seats to various sales that have been advertised have been been made available.

Looking at other airlines (BA, AY, CX) it seems to be generally no cheap fares around. Am I the only one seeing this?

-A
Assume OW only?
OSL-SIN (w/o taxes) cheapest published fare: IJNOP1NE, €1437. 3m advance purchase - QR
OSL-HKG: ISA2NO2, €1436, AY, €1364 from ARN
OSL-BKK: ISA2NO2, €1200, AY. €1107 from ARN

The cheap fares that CX used to publish in OSL and ARN markets appear gone.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Assume OW only?
OSL-SIN (w/o taxes) cheapest published fare: IJNOP1NE, €1437. 3m advance purchase - QR
OSL-HKG: ISA2NO2, €1436, AY, €1364 from ARN
OSL-BKK: ISA2NO2, €1200, AY. €1107 from ARN

The cheap fares that CX used to publish in OSL and ARN markets appear gone.
Thanks. I was looking foe OW, yes. It seems equally horrible for BKK, I guess?

There never used to be more than 3 days advance purchase on I class from OSL with QR and most times none.

Call me spoiled but this is no fun.

-A
Old Feb 28, 2017, 1:22 pm

If MH ex UK is of interest, use ebookers and combine a hotel (even for one night) with your flight dates. Typically about £1150 LHR-SIN.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by mr_botak
If MH ex UK is of interest, use ebookers and combine a hotel (even for one night) with your flight dates. Typically about £1150 LHR-SIN.
Thanks for the tip, MH is indeed OW.

-A
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by ph-ndr
Thanks. I was looking foe OW, yes. It seems equally horrible for BKK, I guess?

There never used to be more than 3 days advance purchase on I class from OSL with QR and most times none.

Call me spoiled but this is no fun.

-A
Apologies but you're right. The I fare does have a 3 days advance purchase. Was a bit quick and failed to remember it is posted in days, not months.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Apologies but you're right. The I fare does have a 3 days advance purchase. Was a bit quick and failed to remember it is posted in days, not months.
That still is pretty elusive; even looking 2-4 weeks out for my outbound I only get the three column display, that would be J/D/C if I remember right. The I class fares would be the left most colkumn being with a red header and called "promo something".

If it doesn't show up anything soon I still have to go to JRO soon, and that only comes in a single flavour: bloody expensive.

-A
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by mr_botak
Worth adding that you don't need to stay in the hotel (book the hostel for the cheapest fare), which saves time.

However, I've just flown MH J, and if you're any taller than 180cm, you will find it very uncomfortable. I'm 183cm, and couldn't lie flat...which wasn't great! MH F on the other hand, was marvellous.

Have a look ex-AMS and you'll find some nice fares to BKK with BA and CX. They aren't as cheap as they used to be, but that's mostly down to exchange rate fluctuations post the Brexit vote.

M
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Worth adding that you don't need to stay in the hotel (book the hostel for the cheapest fare), which saves time.

However, I've just flown MH J, and if you're any taller than 180cm, you will find it very uncomfortable. I'm 183cm, and couldn't lie flat...which wasn't great! MH F on the other hand, was marvellous.

Have a look ex-AMS and you'll find some nice fares to BKK with BA and CX. They aren't as cheap as they used to be, but that's mostly down to exchange rate fluctuations post the Brexit vote.

M

Pick the first row in MH J and you will be fine.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by Ausriver
Pick the first row in MH J and you will be fine.
I shall report tomorrow...I had Row 6 for both inbound and outbound, but moved to Row 7 as there was an empty window pair.

I'll stick with Row 6 for tomorrow and update.

One thing I'll add in advance, is that Row 6 loses the little storage door and shoe cabinet, which is a shame.

M
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
I shall report tomorrow...I had Row 6 for both inbound and outbound, but moved to Row 7 as there was an empty window pair.

I'll stick with Row 6 for tomorrow and update.

One thing I'll add in advance, is that Row 6 loses the little storage door and shoe cabinet, which is a shame.

M
The window pair actually has bigger foot well, as your foot is between one seat and the wall, not between 2 seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.